Hi

In my eagerness to explore the possibilities of my jailbroken iPhone, I have found myself in a bit of a jam.

I run the Jaku theme on Winterboard, and while most of the default icons are beautiful, I found the one to override the phone app not quite right, so I located an alternative and then uploaded it to my phone, believing that I was following the correct instructions...

I started by putting it in a theme bundle (com.apple.mobilephone), but that didn't have the desired effect, so I replaced what I believed was the actual file in the Applications.adsfas/MobilePhone.app directory ([email protected]~iphone.png).

After respringing, I get the default Apple phone app icon, rather than the Jaku one, or the one I uploaded.

Anyone have any ideas what I have broken?

Thanks for any help,
    noisyblue
    2013-03-07 03:48 PM
    I've never been able to pin it down to one cause, but it seems to happen quite a bit when you modify files in a theme while it's applied and active in Winterboard. Try disabling the theme and clearing your icon cache, then reboot and re-apply it.

1) Make sure theme is not applied in Winterboard.
    2) Navigate to /var/mobile/Library/Caches/com.apple.IconsCache and delete all contents. (Don't delete the folder itself, delete all the files in it and leave the folder.)
    3) Reboot iPhone. (IMPORTANT)
    4) Apply theme in Winterboard.

I verified with some of my themes that definitely work on 6.1.2 that your filename for the Phone icon looks right:

<theme>/Bundles/com.apple.mobilephone/[email protected]~iphone.png (retina)
    <theme>/Bundles/com.apple.mobilephone/icon~iphone.png (non-retina)

The filenames are cap-sensitive so make sure they're all lower case as shown. There's also a Cydia tweak called iWipe Cache that will wipe the icon cache for you but I'm not sure whether it's updated for iOS6 or not so I just listed the manual way of doing it.
    Last edited by swizzle23; 2013-03-08 at 12:35 AM.
    2013-03-08 12:33 AM
    Looks alrite from what I've read. Only thing that hasn't been established is that the icon NEEDS to be 118x120 px. If it ain't that...it won't theme!
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor
    2013-03-08 03:49 AM
    Hi swizzle23 and Jato_BZ

Between you, I have fixed the problem - many thanks for your help!

The cache clearing tip from swizzle23 is very handy indeed; and that helped narrow down the places this icon was being picked up from.

But only by finding a suitably sized (118x120) icon, did it actually get picked up, so thanks Jato_BZ for the intel.

As long as I stick to these rules, I think I should be ok managing changes going forward.

Thanks again,
    noisyblue
    2013-03-08 10:52 AM
    Yip 118x120 for default apps & 114x114 for AppStore apps if possible. Cydia tweaks are a combination of both!
    2013-03-08 11:35 AM
    And I didn't know there was that distinction either...

Many thanks Jato_BZ

*still learning...
    2013-03-08 11:44 AM
    And I didn't know there was that distinction either...

Many thanks Jato_BZ

*still learning...
    You'll get there! If you get bored have a look thru a 6X thread guide I created.

http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=817877

The first post is a WIP. Goes into depth about theme specifics.
    2013-03-08 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD