Grant I've been running the same lock as Eric pictured last for days now with no safe mode.
    I don't use Hold Lock in Memory option. The lock itself is very light. GPS/woeid version.

Main packages installed are
    Bite
    iWidgets
    Widget Weather
    Lock Screen Tool
    CCSettings
    iCleaner
    NoPageDots 7
    GroovyLock
    Zepplin

*edit
    Forgot Winterboard

Speaking of that lockscreen

The description is wrong in Cydia with regards to wallpaper jpegigier
    That tweak is not needed or used.

You can set any wallpaper for the lockscreen you want in Settings/Wallpaper including Dynamic wallpapers.
    They will show in the background automatically

Or you can navigate to var/mobile/Library/GroovyLock/DB_iOS7_WeatherLockscreen/Config.js
    To change to fullscreen weather images in the background.

You can also set other options in the Config.js like your woeid if you don't want to use MyLocation text file (Widget Weather tweak option, turn on Constant and Toggle on MyLocation for in the fly city updates)

Change c or f in there as well

Weather wall background pic

Last edited by The_Durben; 2014-01-23 at 10:29 PM.
    2014-01-23 08:52 PM
    Grant I've been running the same lock as Eric pictured last for days now with no safe mode.
    I don't use Hold Lock in Memory option. The lock itself is very light. GPS/woeid version.

Bite
    iWidgets
    Widget Weather
    Lock Screen Tool
    CCSettings
    iCleaner
    NoPageDots 7
    GroovyLock
    Zepplin

You can set any wallpaper for the lockscreen you want in Settings/Wallpaper including Dynamic wallpapers.

Or you can navigate to var/mobile/Library/GroovyLock/DB_iOS7_WeatherLockscreen/Config.js

You can also set other options in the Config.js like your woeid if you don't want to use MyLocation text file (Widget Weather tweak option, turn on Constant and Toggle on MyLocation for in the fly city updates)

Nice D. Thanks for posting that. Hopefully that helps out some people with the safe mode issues from animations.
    2014-01-23 10:13 PM

Bite
    iWidgets
    Widget Weather
    Lock Screen Tool
    CCSettings
    iCleaner
    NoPageDots 7
    GroovyLock
    Zepplin
    Thanks for the report, D!! And are you on 5S too? What both you and Eric DON'T have in the equation, it seems, is Winterboard.. So that seems to prove a conflict with WB is part of the issue. So - in my view - calling a tweak (GroovyLock) 'running stable with no crashes' when it conflicts with Winterboard.. is a bit of stretch. -- Groovy will still need to figure out the issue on his end to make sure it's solid with WB installed.

Also amount of animation is in this equation too.. I think we'd all agree.. Right? Like can you and Eric run anything UniAW6 with most animations on - or a Marty LS widget on the Lockscreen and still have no crashes?.. Probably no. Even without WB installed. Let me know, please.. We need to make sure Jake has a set of commonalities between all users if he's to find the issues of crashing - which are widespread at this point.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-01-23 at 10:29 PM.
    2014-01-23 10:20 PM
    No I forgot that. I do have Winterboard and I am running a theme in it

And I ran my iOS 7 animated weather app looking one all day yesterday while I was out with no crashes or safe mode. Just some battery drain as to be expected
    2014-01-23 10:27 PM
    No I forgot that. I do have Winterboard and I am running a theme in it

And I ran my iOS 7 animated weather app looking one all day yesterday while I was out with no crashes or safe mode. Just some battery drain as to be expected
    Okay so WB's not in the picture. You running of 5S, D? And can you run a widget like a Marty LS with no crashes?
    2014-01-23 10:30 PM
    Okay so WB's not in the picture. You running of 5S, D? And can you run a widget like a Marty LS with no crashes?
    iPhone 5 man. No job, no upgrades

And no I haven't run a Marty lockscreen or uniaw but mine is pretty much as animated as those
    I think the big issue is the hold lock in memory option. Seems to reduce the ram as it goes and then cause crashes.
    2014-01-23 10:34 PM

Bite
    iWidgets
    Widget Weather
    Lock Screen Tool
    CCSettings
    iCleaner
    NoPageDots 7
    GroovyLock
    Zepplin

*edit
    Forgot Winterboard

Nice LS...I sent a PM to you ...

But I also like your font .... you keep it private?
    2014-01-23 10:46 PM
    Last edited by adioph; 2014-01-24 at 12:51 AM.
    2014-01-23 10:55 PM
    iPhone 5 man. No job, no upgrades
    I hear ya, bro. So you're on a 5.. That makes a big difference. I have no crashes on my 5 either. The crashing issues are mostly on 5S. So we just need to keep our devices well noted in our replies to Groovy. He gets an A7 device this weekend .. So he'll be 'on it'..

And no I haven't run a Marty lockscreen or uniaw but mine is pretty much as animated as those
    I think the big issue is the hold lock in memory option. Seems to reduce the ram as it goes and then cause crashes.
    Most of the reports I've been getting from 5S'ers are that the switch makes no difference in the amount of crashing. The WebView bugs in iOS7.0.4 are well documented and pretty much fixed in 7.1b4. But the bugs seem to affect 4S and 5 less when running 7.0.4. So we 5S folks may not get stability on the LockScreen until 7.1 - and there will likely be no JB for 7.1 from the buzz I hear. Hope I'm wrong..
    2014-01-23 10:57 PM
    Durben does your Lockscreen weather work with themes installed?, cause i tried miWeather from Junesphone but if i use a theme it doesn't work nd i don't know how to fix it, he said it has something to do with info.plist but i don't really want to mess up anything unless I'm sure what I'm doing.
    2014-01-24 12:06 AM
    Its been said so many times. If you have a theme that uses an info.plist you have to rename the .plist, otherwise it interferes with the lock screen operation.
    @Metaserph
    "You can only attain Peace through spreading Love to create Unity and earn the Respect of others" - Complex Simplicity
    2014-01-24 12:17 AM
    Its been said so many times. If you have a theme that uses an info.plist you have to rename the .plist, otherwise it interferes with the lock screen operation.
    yeah i just found out sorry for being so stupid I'm not really used to this, thanks tho.
    2014-01-24 12:24 AM
    Finally a LS widget that does not crash, your new LS Durben! (DB_iOS7_WeatherLockscreen)

The other I have from you crash after a short while, what could be the cause? (DB_WidgetWeather_iOS7.theme)

2014-01-24 12:44 AM
    Finally a LS widget that does not crash, your new LS Durben! (DB_iOS7_WeatherLockscreen)

The other I have from you crash after a short while, what could be the cause? (DB_WidgetWeather_iOS7.theme)

Animation doesn't do that well with iOS 7. What Durben has done with this one is genius, display the weather info over Apple's own system and let it do all the heavy lifting. Makes me wish I had thought of it lol.
    2014-01-24 12:48 AM
    Animation doesn't do that well with iOS 7. What Durben has done with this one is genius, display the weather info over Apple's own system and let it do all the heavy lifting. Makes me wish I had thought of it lol.
    Yes it is possible, I tried also one of your too Simon with the same outcome unfortunately...
    2014-01-24 12:53 AM
    Thanks Simon
    I thought it was pretty nice idea.

Thanks Manny! Tell em brother

Nice LS...I sent a PM to you ...

But I also like your font .... you keep it private?
    Yes my font is my own. And has some backwards capital letters.
    It would drive you nuts.

Thanks man. Glad you like it
    Tried to keep a simple design that would flow with iOS 7
    Think it works well
    Last edited by The_Durben; 2014-01-24 at 12:58 AM.
    2014-01-24 12:55 AM
    Thanks for the report, D!! And are you on 5S too? What both you and Eric DON'T have in the equation, it seems, is Winterboard.. So that seems to prove a conflict with WB is part of the issue. So - in my view - calling a tweak (GroovyLock) 'running stable with no crashes' when it conflicts with Winterboard.. is a bit of stretch. -- Groovy will still need to figure out the issue on his end to make sure it's solid with WB installed.

Also amount of animation is in this equation too.. I think we'd all agree.. Right? Like can you and Eric run anything UniAW6 with most animations on - or a Marty LS widget on the Lockscreen and still have no crashes?.. Probably no. Even without WB installed. Let me know, please.. We need to make sure Jake has a set of commonalities between all users if he's to find the issues of crashing - which are widespread at this point.
    I am running WinterBoard bud. It's definitely not that. The issue for 5S's is definitely animations. I have been running D's LS for 2 days now with maybe one or two safe modes (but I think that may be caused by biteSMS). When I ran my old weather puzzle LS with animations it would crash my phone at least once an hour. Once it started snowing, it was almost constant.
    2014-01-24 01:14 AM
    Idk about all the problems, but I have at least 50 tweaks/mods/dylibs running on my phone, I've had uniaw6 ww ls version for past two days with the memory thing on and never crashed randomly. I only crash when bitesms sticks on screen or if I loaded a graphics intense game.
    2014-01-24 01:25 AM
    AHA!!! Durben CHEATED! Lol!! I knew it wasn't normal HTML animation or it would be having the same crashing issues as all the others.. .. Brilliant idea, Durben! But sure screwed up my texting data.. Lol.. All good. Love it. I think those Apple weather animations are amazing.. With all due respect to Ian & Dacal our weather animation gurus - Apple's really done something with those new iOS7 Weather.app animations.

Nice work, D..

But it's stability in GroovyLock is then because of it's lack of HTML animation. I sure hope Jake can find another level of stability on 7.0.4.

(but I think that may be caused by biteSMS). When I ran my old weather puzzle LS with animations it would crash my phone at least once an hour. Once it started snowing, it was almost constant.
    Yeah, Eric.. Though I also suspect biteSMS is a complicating factor.. In my testing - I've had same level of crashing with animation heavy LS with/without bite installed..
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-01-24 at 01:52 AM.
    2014-01-24 01:44 AM
    Nice and light, loving this.

Durban where can i get the wallpaper in your second screen shot ?.
    2014-01-24 02:08 AM
1,343 ... 210111213142262 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD