User Tag List

Why can't I install them?

2014-08-12 08:39 PM
    so am wondering if I need to install groovyapi?
    2014-08-12 09:32 PM
    Olds kool and boots need to load API first
    2014-08-12 11:10 PM
    I have to ask...what lockscreens are people running to crash GL? It is rock solid for me - has been since 1.5.x - and I use TouchID/pass code.
    It depends on a lot of things. My guess is you use very little animation on your LS and you also probably run very few memory intensive tweaks. But even with only a few tweaks loaded - if you use a high animation LS like Dacal's Circle Weather - you will crash too - with Passcode Lock on. It seems that those on 5S will crash sooner that iPhone 5.. though 4S will crash as often as 5S. This is just from data I've gathered reading loads of posts from you guys.

Some of us like memory intense tweaks like "Springtomize 3", Barrel, and others.. these will all add to the weight on iOS7's WebView which is known to be pretty unstable. This has been the most unstable iOS/JB combos since I first jailbroke. Sad and frustrating. BUT you can stay stable. Many just need to turn off Apple Passcode Lock

So if you run lean LockScreens with low animation or no animation and run a 'lean' phone tweaks-wise - then I don't doubt you can be crash free with Apple Passcode Lock on. The way I like to run my phone - with all 'perfectly stable tweaks' - but some memory-intensive - I have to turn off my Apple Passcode Lock.

Each to his own.
    2014-08-12 11:14 PM
    I have to ask...what lockscreens are people running to crash GL? It is rock solid for me - has been since 1.5.x - and I use TouchID/pass code.
    Sooo, the simple answer is to try UniAW or Dacals LS.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-08-12 11:33 PM
    Why can't I install them?

Looks like bad downloads man, just try redownloading!

so am wondering if I need to install groovyapi?
    Yes you just need to install the little library package first

Sooo, the simple answer is to try UniAW or Dacals LS.
    Yeah it's the animation that's the killer, mainly because WebKit in iOS has memory leaks, and also because WebKit in iOS is buggy as hell so pretty much hammering the JS animations is like play crash roulette at high speed anyway
    2014-08-12 11:42 PM
    If you try 1.7.0 it should work in theory
    No go unfortunately. Lots of crashes. Thanks anyway
    2014-08-13 01:03 PM
    No go unfortunately. Lots of crashes. Thanks anyway
    I'm not sure why that would be the case, 1.7 integrates as a SB plugin like Maps navigation etc does. Unless LockInfo7 doesn't support them? =/
    2014-08-13 01:54 PM
    I'm not sure why that would be the case, 1.7 integrates as a SB plugin like Maps navigation etc does. Unless LockInfo7 doesn't support them? =/
    I'm seeing a lot of "lockweather7" in the crashlog which is part of lockinfo. I have that disabled in icleaner, but Maybe it's because I'm using a uniaw weather groovylock they are conflicting?
    2014-08-13 01:57 PM
    I'll look into it properly when I get a chance but it sounds like possibly a conflict - if you try and different lock for a while and it's still crashing then I'd imagine they just don't play well together for some reason
    2014-08-13 02:06 PM
    Little remix I did of the DCL slideshow LS. Added blur to the scaled transitions, moved some stuff around and now utilizes one of GC's APIs from post 779 where when a notification pops up on the lockscreen the widget is blurred for a cool looking effect and easier notification reading. So Groovyapi is required for that to work. This will work on GroovyLock, Lockhtml3, Convergence, and Cydget.
    Thanks to Dacal for slideshow code and GroovyCarrot for the api and helping to get the blurred notifications working.

Download
    2014-08-13 08:13 PM
    Killer bud nice work
    2014-08-13 09:01 PM
    2014-08-13 09:52 PM
    Probably using an iconoclasm layout instead of an HSD layout, they don't work together

I can't install 1.7.0 version keep getting the 256 error and yes I have the API installed, I have 1.4.2 version installed on my iPad Air 7.1.2
    Last edited by oldskoolsk8r; 2014-08-13 at 10:32 PM.
    2014-08-13 10:00 PM
    Awesome Simon!
    2014-08-14 03:10 AM
    Now, i deleted iconoclasm and gridlock!
    2014-08-14 12:50 PM
    Just thought I'd made life easier for us and start a public development repo so I can just push updates without expiring dropbox links cluttering the threads

http://dev.groovycarrot.co.uk
    2014-08-14 01:52 PM
    Fixed up for GroovyLock.

Added Blur on notification thx Simon (screen has to be OFF to be activated) and reset dim timer (activated by screen touch). All provided by GroovyLock API

All changes have "Portion added for GL API" and "End of Portion added for GL API" wrapped around them.

Fixed up config.js so it displays better in GL settings pane.

Download here...

http://bit.ly/CMC_UniAW_Cache_LS
    2014-08-15 04:50 AM
    Is there anyway to post a link to 1.3.2? Any version after that I've had issues with, either instant crashing the phone or, with the latest update, notifications no longer grey out the screen, but rather lay on top of my lockscreen and the white text gets lost in the layout and isn't readable. I'm sure this is an issue of the actual theme I have, but the developer is no longer updating his themes.
    2014-08-15 10:48 PM
    Is there anyway to post a link to 1.3.2? Any version after that I've had issues with, either instant crashing the phone or, with the latest update, notifications no longer grey out the screen, but rather lay on top of my lockscreen and the white text gets lost in the layout and isn't readable. I'm sure this is an issue of the actual theme I have, but the developer is no longer updating his themes.
    If you post your lock I'm sure we can incorporate a blur or such for notifications... If you download my lock you'll see the changes added in the main.js, HTML and CSS files...
    2014-08-15 10:54 PM
1,343 ... 30383940414250 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD