2014-12-26 02:06 PM
    No worries, the idea was for groovyAPI to load into every instance of UIWebView on the operating system and inject functionality where Cycript couldn't reach as you need to implement Cycript into a webview from the developer's end. This way groovyAPI adds functionality to iWidgets, Convergance and LHTML and allows separation from GroovyLock (as I realise it isn't everyone's first choice of platform) yet allows you to develop a HTML/JS theme with gAPI functionality no matter where it is being displayed on the operating system.

groovyAPI+ works much the same way and adds functionality to any WKWebView class, however all of the old functions that were provided are no longer in there. Right now gAPI+ just provides JS methods to read local files but I do intend to add the old functions back in as and when I find the time. UIKit's web view is no longer supported either with gAPI+, if Apple have abandoned it then it seems somewhat hopeless me trying to retain support for it still

-- Just to add to this: This also means that if iWidgets for example wanted to implement the WebKit webview then gAPI+ would load into it and provided the groovyAPI.do() function and allow you to read in local files in exactly the same way. It also saves the developer the headache of trying to solve the problem all over again, or even having to abandon the class due to the bugs. And finally it saves you guys a headache from needing to write several lockscreens to work on different platforms because everyone has come up with a different solution
    I had no idea, this is very very handy indeed, thanks for the explanation.

The weird thing is I was using WKWebView when I got the message in the console, and using GroovyAPI, not GroovyAPI+!
    So is it possible GroovyAPI works also with WKWebview? Did you try it?
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2014-12-26 at 02:47 PM.
    2014-12-26 02:29 PM
    How do you install these files? I put them in downloads and try to install but get an error. I am getting conflicts and not sure where/what to remove.

Thanks.
    Last edited by serky; 2014-12-26 at 03:03 PM.
    2014-12-26 02:58 PM
    I had no idea, this is very very handy indeed, thanks for the explanation.

The weird thing is I was using WKWebView when I got the message in the console, and using GroovyAPI, not GroovyAPI+!
    So is it possible GroovyAPI works also with WKWebview? Did you try it?
    Possibly, groovyAPI worked a little higher than the view itself however even if it were loaded into the view, the methods employed in iOS 7 are depreciated and would no longer work anyway in iOS 8

How do you install these files? I put them in downloads and try to install but get an error. I am getting conflicts and not sure where/what to remove.

Thanks.
    You'll need to uninstall the older versions of GL and SBHTML in order to install these
    2014-12-26 04:21 PM

Thanks.
    Also, make sure you have closed out Cydia in the app switcher. If it's open, it will give you a 512 error code (I believe).
    2014-12-26 05:05 PM
    Also, make sure you have closed out Cydia in the app switcher. If it's open, it will give you a 512 error code (I believe).
    Yes, Eric. 512 means Cydia tied up.. Error 256 means missing dependency or overwrite attempt failed, I believe.
    2014-12-26 05:18 PM

You'll need to uninstall the older versions of GL and SBHTML in order to install these
    I did, still get error. 256
    Last edited by serky; 2014-12-26 at 05:49 PM.
    2014-12-26 05:46 PM
    I did, still get error. 256
    I would make sure you've uninstalled previous versions first, then make sure you respring after. I would even do a hard reboot just to be sure.
    2014-12-26 06:21 PM
    I am getting a conflict with the original groovy api. where is that located? I guess it did not uninstall when I uninstalled GL and SBHTML.

Delete GroovyLock_Plugin.lockbundle?
    Last edited by serky; 2014-12-26 at 07:11 PM.
    2014-12-26 07:04 PM
    Did you install the newest GroovyAPI+?
    2014-12-26 07:25 PM
    Did you install the newest GroovyAPI+?

i tried. won't install. says conflict with com.groovycarrot.groovyapi says version 1.0.5 is present and installed. conflicting packages.
    2014-12-26 07:34 PM
    Delete the old one.
    2014-12-26 07:34 PM
    Just uninstall it from Cydia
    2014-12-26 07:46 PM
    Just uninstall it from Cydia
    GroovyCarrot,

Thanks for the help. It is not in Cydia. There was a time they were with 2 red dashed next to GL & SBHTML but when I tried to remove, said they were not there.
    2014-12-26 07:54 PM
    GroovyCarrot,

Thanks for the help. It is not in Cydia. There was a time they were with 2 red dashed next to GL & SBHTML but when I tried to remove, said they were not there.
    It may need you to switch from user to developer mode in the list filtering?
    2014-12-26 07:57 PM
    Please understand the following before we start jumping and installing. These packages conflict their predecessors and will ask you remove them. Mainly to reinforce the fact that old themes are no longer compatible. And please don't spam this thread complaining that a lockscreen isn't working. Unless you have specific information regarding what programmatically isn't working on a theme then your post isn't going to help anyone, and I struggle to find the time to read through these threads without having to go through pages of complaints

Merry Christmas to you all too
    Guys please respect GC's request and not fill this thread with install errors and theme errors.

Thank you and enjoy your holiday!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-12-26 08:10 PM
    GroovyCarrot,

Click on Expert Mode in Cydia, and you'll see the old groovyAPI to uninstall.
    2014-12-26 08:12 PM
    Click on Expert Mode in Cydia, and you'll see the old groovyAPI to uninstall.
    Thanks NewD. That did it. I am no expert.
    2014-12-26 08:23 PM
    When will this be uploaded to cydia?
    Meaning the newest groovylock
    2014-12-26 08:39 PM
    When will this be uploaded to cydia?
    Meaning the newest groovylock
    Did you not read any of the last 2-3 pages bro? This is really an Alpha release for devs and experienced power users only at this point. I don't foresee any kind of Cydia release until after 8.2 is released and then who knows, it may never hit Cydia.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-12-26 09:51 PM
1,343 ... 41495051525361 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD