https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ow.iWidget.zip

This is the one I always use. I could probably just rebuild it I suppose to get WW unless you got a quick conversion method you use.
    2014-06-25 02:43 PM
    Bombmom how does one do that?
    It has to be an older widget. The my location style widgets gave you the option in the conf. file. You turned off the GPS function.

This is the one I always use. I could probably just rebuild it I suppose to get WW unless you got a quick conversion method you use.
    Niceville?
    Last edited by bombmom; 2014-06-25 at 02:48 PM.
    2014-06-25 02:44 PM
    So in other words I don't really think it has anything to do with the yahoo API
    I could very easily make the crash repeat by adding back in the old Yahoo call widget. But I think I agree that "its being Yahoo" is not the issue. It being my "third" call to an API I think pushes my memory over the edge. Is that more logical bombmom?

As to no GPS - not sure I understand your concern there. "No GPS" would be worthless to me with the travel I do - but that's just me - but from my reading on the topic Location services are rock solid in their implementation in iOS. Now if it's a privacy thing for some people - not wanting "them" to know where you are at all times.. I can understand that.. though the modem in your phone still sends a positioning signal.

Thanks, Bombmom. So you think the crashes are from cumulative memory overload?

Depending on how many weather elements are in the widget would speak to how quick it is to convert or not. I can take a look later today.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-06-25 at 02:53 PM.
    2014-06-25 02:49 PM
    It has nothing to do with your weather source. Come on we are really reaching here. As bombmom said, I don't use widget weather, I don't use Gps, I don't even have location services ON in my phone. It's not for "privacy" it's for battery. I also don't download a bunch of crap either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MamaJaay; 2014-06-25 at 03:02 PM.
    2014-06-25 02:54 PM
    Ok so I could disable WW & inside current widget config file just type in my location code? Sorry pretty new at this
    Just curious as to how to enter location manually
    2014-06-25 02:54 PM

Niceville?
    Huh?
    2014-06-25 02:56 PM
    Truthfully Grant I don't need GPS. I can pretty much guess what the weather is doing when I'm driving somewhere.lol As for the memory issue it wouldn't surprise me if that is what is going on at all. People need to remember this is a phone not a laptop. And I do speak from experience on this. I originally started coding on an iPod 3G I made all my stuff as light as possible. If you think about it there's a call for the weather app,WW and ML. plus everything else you have location services turned on for.

Huh?
    That's where it shows with GPS off lol
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1403701216.535464.jpg
    2014-06-25 02:58 PM

That's where it shows with GPS off lol
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1403701216.535464.jpg
    Oh lol. Maybe that's where dk lives, I never changed the default non-gps location on it.

Truthfully Grant I don't need GPS. I can pretty much guess what the weather is doing when I'm driving somewhere.lol
    You sorceress! How are you able to do such things? Lol
    Last edited by Simon; 2014-06-25 at 03:04 PM.
    2014-06-25 03:02 PM
    Ok so I could disable WW & inside current widget config file just type in my location code? Sorry pretty new at this
    Just curious as to how to enter location manually
    Actually the iwidget Simon posted has the option. You disable GPS and put your yahoo code in the line indicated.
    2014-06-25 03:04 PM
    Actually the iwidget Simon posted has the option. You disable GPS and put your yahoo code in the line indicated.
    Ok gotcha...I've seen that in some widgets
    Thanx
    2014-06-25 03:15 PM
    It's not for "privacy" it's for battery.
    Fair enough. Though in the extensive testing I did for battery use and LocSvcs. Having WW set to constant only used 8-10% more battery over eight hours than having it turned off. Turning off location services entirely on my phone only saved me about 10% battery over the course of an entire day.

Now I should add that when I have Location Services on - I immediately go into the "System Services" button and turn off every switch in that window except Traffic. The rest of the switches in there are for things none of us really need and are also huge battery drains. And most people don't even know about that window in LocSvc.

The real major battery hogs on our phones are are brightness setting, push mail, Bluetooth, System Services (in LocSvcs) and background app refresh. Those are total battery killers and I leave them all off and use about 50% brightness.

When I run LocSvcs the only switch that's on in there is Weather and WidgetWeather. And I've gone into System Services tab and clicked off every switch but traffic.

Of course I need to charge twice a day from my Mophie battery case for all the animation I love to run. That's my personal battery drain issue. Location services is nice and clean.
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-06-25 at 03:24 PM.
    2014-06-25 03:22 PM
    I've heard others postulating that it could be the jailbreaks themselves that create this instability in Webbview. No way to know for sure.
    Apple has documented this bug,

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-06-25 03:42 PM
    Apple has documented this bug,
    Oh I knew that.. I meant that the JB could exacerbate it. My wife nor I have ever experienced the random restart when stock.. So something must exacerbate it post-JB.

And does Apple also acknowledge that it's still in 7.1.1?
    Last edited by NewD; 2014-06-25 at 03:49 PM.
    2014-06-25 03:45 PM
    They claim to have fixed webview and a bunch of WebKit bugs, but I've not seen anything on unpatched bugs yet. That doesn't mean they don't exist, I just haven't seen anything yet.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-06-25 04:00 PM
    They claim to have fixed webview and a bunch of WebKit bugs, but I've not seen anything on unpatched bugs yet. That doesn't mean they don't exist, I just haven't seen anything yet.
    Thanks for hrs update, sir!
    2014-06-25 04:25 PM
    You don't want much do you lol. I don't mind really. If it helps unlock what seems to have been a mystery, I'm more than happy to help.

Yes, I do use Springtomise 3. The only problem I've had with that though was Dock&Roll and we all know about that.

I will set it up as per your instructions and leave it overnight and through tomorrow.

I will sort it tonight and we'll see what the situation is this time tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    What problems are you having with DockRoll ?.

My problems with DockRoll are:- Icons on the dock falling below the dock occasionally when i exit and app or swiping through home screens and icons disappearing completely after i make a call .
    2014-06-25 09:24 PM
    Yes, Neil! That's the bug ! And I'm so glad you're NOT special.. Lol.. Nothing personal.. .. Was pretty darn sure you wouldn't be special. It's just this annoying bug that's in all phones on 7.0.x - and from what others are reporting it seems like it hasn't been totally fixed in 7.1.1. Maybe we'll get lucky with 7.1.2 since the pangu jailbreak works on 7.1.2 as well.

I've heard others postulating that it could be the jailbreaks themselves that create this instability in Webbview. No way to know for sure.

Though I can't help you with regard to your desire for new toys and tweaks I will say that all you need to do is turn off your passcode lock and the web view bug will totally disappear. You can run any level of animation you want on your lock screen and springboard and you won't have any more random safe mode crashes. The issue is whether you want that passcode or need it for exchange email at your job.
    Sorry for the belated response. My PC hard disk destroyed itself today and I've lost about 60% of my design work for the past 3 years 😞. Oh well, mirrored SSD's and better use of Dropbox will hopefully negate that in the future!

Anyway, glad we got it resolved and yes, it's behaving much better since I turned off passcode, so thank you for that. Shame, I really thought, for once, I was gonna be special lol. Not to be eh?

Cheers again bro!!

2014-06-25 11:48 PM
    Sorry for the belated response. My PC hard disk destroyed itself today and I've lost about 60% of my design work for the past 3 years ��. Oh well, mirrored SSD's and better use of Dropbox will hopefully negate that in the future!

Anyway, glad we got it resolved and yes, it's behaving much better since I turned off passcode, so thank you for that. Shame, I really thought, for once, I was gonna be special lol. Not to be eh?

Cheers again bro!!
    Oh, believe me, in the world of Jailbroken phones and tweaks you will find times when you're phone is acting VERY differently than tons of other folks. This 'particular' one, though, was such a consistently reproducible bug, given the right conditions, I was quite amazed you weren't experiencing it. Again - if you lower the animation on the Lockscreen you can keep your passcode lock on and rarely if ever see it.

SO SORRY - you lost all your stuff. As a recording engineer/producer for my main job - my saying with my clients is "if it ain't backed up - it doesn't exist!". This is hard as I make them buy '2' drives at the start of their project.. So there is always a back up. Good you used mirrored backups.. I love SSD drives for speed and the utility SynkPro is so simple and yet so sophisticated and WAY easier than Retrospect and so many of the other mirroring softwares. I have dual and triple mirroring of things.. And the cloud is helpful too. It's my third back up most time. Even for GOBS of data like audio data from recording and video.
    2014-06-26 12:19 AM
    Oh, believe me, in the world of Jailbroken phones and tweaks you will find times when you're phone is acting VERY differently than tons of other folks. This 'particular' one, though, was such a consistently reproducible bug, given the right conditions, I was quite amazed you weren't experiencing it. Again - if you lower the animation on the Lockscreen you can keep your passcode lock on and rarely if ever see it.

SO SORRY - you lost all your stuff. As a recording engineer/producer for my main job - my saying with my clients is "if it ain't backed up - it doesn't exist!". This is hard as I make them buy '2' drives at the start of their project.. So there is always a back up. Good you used mirrored backups.. I love SSD drives for speed and the utility SynkPro is so simple and yet so sophisticated and WAY easier than Retrospect and so many of the other mirroring softwares. I have dual and triple mirroring of things.. And the cloud is helpful too. It's my third back up most time. Even for GOBS of data like audio data from recording and video.
    Worst part is I was an IT manager for a few years and a support tech for a few too, so I am a complete idiot for not practicing what I preached.

Guess I was living the "it won't happen to me" scenario. What a prat I am.

Yeah, those SSD's are absolutely superb. You really notice it during boot. My Win7 takes only seconds to boot, which is great when you first install windows because there's about 300 updates and most of them require a reboot. I used the onboard RAID controller, so it's invisible to the OS, which is great and means no 3rd party software handling the data writing.

Anyway, glad we found a conclusion even if it did mean revealing my 'non-special-ness' lol, but thanks for the help dude 😀

2014-06-26 12:26 AM
    I used the onboard RAID controller, so it's invisible to the OS, which is great and means no 3rd party software handling the data writing.
    I don't need hardware RAID anymore - as the main advantage was speed. With SSD's speed and a simple 105kb software tool I'm as bullet proof and fast as any hardware RAID out there. LOL!! But we can take this 'high tech' conversation off line.. Don't want to bore people.. LOL!!
    2014-06-26 12:34 AM
1,139 ... 22303132333442 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD