So...last week I went out of state about 3.5hrs north and about 2hrs into the trip I noticed my phone was on safe mode...I can be at one location all day and no safe modes...so I figured it may have to do with updating locations...I'm not a coder so I was just guessing...

I turned off the 'myLocation' switch in WW2 and renamed the 'myLocation.txt' file to 'myLocation.bak' and resprung and made sure I didn't have another file created...

Now the widgets I had active (boss UniAW by #m37h and Chevy's BLUR LS) all off a sudden stopped displaying the city and address...????...so I figured they were getting the info from the coordinates in myLocation file...these widget also had the updated main.js with the additional code for when the yahoo API went down...the latest code that is...

Since I always keep the original .rar packages for the widgets, I was able to replace the main.js with the original one without the additional code...resprung...and I got the city and address back...still no new 'myLocation.txt' file created...and with the locale set to "0" in the Config.js...so I figured address and city were now coming from the 'widgetweather.xml' file...

So today I went on the same trip 3.5hrs north and not one safe mode...same route...no safe modes...

Only difference from last week is myLocation switch turned off and the original main.js file without additional code...also using the newly updated CORE iWidget by #m37h (to UniAW7.1 with untouched main.js)...

I think the other CORE iWidget is 6.4 so it uses GPS, hence myLocation.txt file?...

Anyway...in no way I'm implying or making any conclusions...I'm not a coder...just stating a series of facts based on what happened and what I did...
    2016-03-02 03:59 PM
    So...second part...after being out north today for a few hours...I turned on the myLocation switch in WW2...resprung and made sure there was a myLocation.txt file in the docs folder...drove back same route as before...no safe modes at all...

So I restate that I believe WW2 is not the culprit even thou it may look like it is...but I really don't know what the actual cause is...

Only difference between today and last week is the main.js in the widgets I have active...King, Ian, Marty (or anybody other than me for that matter) may come up with an explanation as I don't have one...

I'm just super happy I don't have any more safe modes...Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved
    Last edited by kristatos; 2016-03-03 at 01:18 AM.
    2016-03-03 01:15 AM
    Almost all the safe mode reports have stopped this week. Some of those people stopped using the CORE widget.. Others... well there must have been some weird alignment of the planets last week... Lool..
    2016-03-03 04:03 AM
    Almost all the safe mode reports have stopped this week. Some of those people stopped using the CORE widget.. Others... well there must have been some weird alignment of the planets last week... Lool..
    Not, not all safe modes stopped. In fact, my experiences are nearly identical to those of @kristatos
    2016-03-03 04:22 AM
    I wish I had something to add here, but I'm at a total loss!?!? My safe modes have also stopped. I get a random respring here and there and I've been crashing WK quite a bit, but I've also been testing some fairly involved tweaks too.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2016-03-03 04:38 AM
    I'm pretty convinced that changing locations and/or time zones has a lot to do with causing the safe modes.
    2016-03-03 04:43 AM
    Not, not all safe modes stopped. In fact, my experiences are nearly identical to those of @kristatos
    My point is - that there were at least 15 safe mode reports I personally tracked last week.. You're the only one I've read this week. Kristaos just reported "no" safe modes this week. How is that the same experience as you if you're still having them? A little confused.
    2016-03-03 04:45 AM
    The only thing I can say is that all the "stuff" he did to remedy the situation, I have not done. I'm not running CORE. I haven't had time to dig into the guts of any widgets to tweak things.
    2016-03-03 05:01 AM
    The only thing I can say is that all the "stuff" he did to remedy the situation, I have not done. I'm not running CORE. I haven't had time to dig into the guts of any widgets to tweak things.
    Ah - now I understand. You're saying - for you - the safe modes still exist, and you haven't done any widget tweaking - therefore this bug can't have been just a random thing confined to last week. Right?
    2016-03-03 06:05 AM
    I have to travel to a different time zone, but not until next month, so I can't test it then, but I'm sure it will be resolved by then.

2016-03-03 06:08 AM
    Ah - now I understand. You're saying - for you - the safe modes still exist, and you haven't done any widget tweaking - therefore this bug can't have been just a random thing confined to last week. Right?
    Yes, that is correct. And, I want to be sure that everyone understands, I'm not complaining. I am very thankful for those who have developed these widgets and tweaks, including WW2. I am only trying to offer my experiences in hopes that it can be of some help in making things better.
    2016-03-03 06:13 AM
    I had a safe mode yesterday, but that was the only one for the past few days. No idea what changed.
    2016-03-03 06:26 AM
    wait, my re-mod of CORE iwidget? i still wonder if it is main.js related,i did change it but nothing to hard...
    i just removed the temp. colors it was calling out and moved stuff.
    2016-03-03 11:03 AM
    This is one CRAZY bug!!! I've had one safe mode crash ALL YEAR.. And it was last week while I was on a phone call. I don't use the CORE widget and never did. 0 safe modes since that 1. Weird.
    2016-03-03 11:10 AM
    wait, my re-mod of CORE iwidget? i still wonder if it is main.js related,i did change it but nothing to hard...
    No M8, not ur mod.
    The only thing that's actually known about this safe modes is that nobody knows why they happen.
    I ran Core iWidget (6.4 version) along side UniAW7.1 for a couple of days & had zero issue.
    I have never seen or heard of a widget causing safe modes in all my years here, & there have been widgets with some very dodgy coding, worst I've seen - the widget breaks.

Things are changing though, now widgets can get to our iOS via Cycript or Infostats2, I guess these widgets could possible cause safe modes.
    2016-03-03 11:28 AM
    No M8, not ur mod.
    The only thing that's actually known about this safe modes is that nobody knows why they happen.
    I ran Core iWidget (6.4 version) along side UniAW7.1 for a couple of days & had zero issue.
    I have never seen or heard of a widget causing safe modes in all my years here, & there have been widgets with some very dodgy coding, worst I've seen - the widget breaks.

Things are changing though, now widgets can get to our iOS via Cycript or Infostats2, I guess these widgets could possible cause safe modes.
    well,to tell you the truth that was my worst fears for infostats2,i know Matt i great coder but messing with system stuff can lead to severe errors,so i'm thankful to saurik for safe mode.
    i have infostats2 but i never tried any of its widgets,maybe i'll give them a try today and see if i'll get safe mode,
    and i feel blessed because i have zero safe modes and one random respring a week using uniaw on LS and SB the whole time.
    2016-03-03 11:37 AM
    Could be that it was just coincidence that whatever was causing them got resolved at the same time I went out of town and made the changes...
    2016-03-03 11:40 AM
    I haven't had a safe mode since last week either, never had Core installed, and I drive allot, and changing locations never caused me to have a safe mode. BUT I've now found out that if I try to reboot my phone ( which does not happen very often at all ) I go into a boot loop, and the only way out of it is to use substrate safe mode, then icleaner to disable tweaks, then a reboot, then icleaner to enable tweaks again. It's a pretty lengthy process for a reboot lol.
    2016-03-03 01:14 PM
    ;7356787]I haven't had a safe mode since last week either, never had Core installed, and I drive allot, and changing locations never caused me to have a safe mode. BUT I've now found out that if I try to reboot my phone ( which does not happen very often at all ) I go into a boot loop, and the only way out of it is to use substrate safe mode, then icleaner to disable tweaks, then a reboot, then icleaner to enable tweaks again. It's a pretty lengthy process for a reboot lol.
    This could be an issue with the JB itself. It sounds like your kpp is being triggered which in turn will cause your phone to reboot until the kpp is satisfied that there's no funny business.

2016-03-03 05:51 PM
    This could be an issue with the JB itself. It sounds like your kpp is being triggered which in turn will cause your phone to reboot until the kpp is satisfied that there's no funny business.
    I hope Saurik hurries with Cydia impactor lol.
    2016-03-03 09:06 PM
1,621 ... 26667475767778 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD