The Widget Weather Team is proud to present WIDGET WEATHER 2.0

Available in Cydia!

I hope everyone is enjoying iOS 8 and possibly a new larger iPhone!

Even if your just enjoying iOS 8 on an older device, the Widget Weather Team has been very hard at work helping to bring our latest vision to life!

For those of you that remember when we started this journey, it was quite a bumpy road for a while. We had a much clearer direction of where we wanted to take this version and even though Apple threw us a curve ball by changing their data feed suppliers, it has ended up yielding an amazing amount of usable data! So this time around when we approached developer SDDev with all that we wanted to add, he said "Sure, why not".

So, let me continue with some of the features of this newly coded tweak.

Selectable weather update intervals in minutes:
    1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60 & 90

Location is now updated with only 2 methods:
    Fixed, just enter in your Latitude and Longitude to set your weather to your desired location.

Full GPS with GPS filters to fine tune your updating intervals and accuracy. A Distance filter that will determine how often it will update based on distance traveled from your last location, not time. An Accuracy filter that determines how close to your actual position you want your location to be used.

NEW! We have also added 5 additional locations that can be set by Latitude & Longitude to generate additional data files for use as you wish.

You can set your desired time format in either 12 or 24 hours that your widgets can display without additional code changes.

Set your desired Temperature units, Pressure units and Speed/Distance units.

Still want to be able to just use the old MyLocation.txt file? Sure, we can generate that.

NEW! Want to force a refresh of your data files, no need to respring like before, it's just a flick of a switch away!

So how do I use all this data and integrate it into my new widgets??? No problem, we have included a completely new Base Widget that was newly coded by the Master of code, Dacal! Oh, you want to be able to run your old WW widgets right away? That would mean we would have to build in backwards compatibility! Well of course, we got that too! now it is possible that some mods etc may need some adjusting, but nothing that the original creator or some of you up and coming coders can't handle. We've also included an instruction/operation manual that you can get here:

WW2_Instructions

I bet you would like to run this on iOS 7 too right? Well, you're in luck too! It is supported to run under iOS 7.1.x, but it has been running on 7.x without issue from the reports I've gotten.

See the article from MMi here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ble-cydia.html

New simple base for modding!

WW2_SimpleBase Widget

Thanks!

Ok, I want to throw out a few individual thanks before mentioning the team. A huge thanks to The_Durben! even though he has been busy taking care of real life, we would never have gotten to this point without him! Thanks for being there in the early days and pushing this to get going. Good luck in all your endeavors my friend.

Next, of course is our developer Stephen Delisle or SDDev is what he is mostly known as. Without him to put all our crazy notions to code, who knows where we would be today. While this is a free tweek, we would love for you to show him your support by throwing him a little something via PayPal

DONATE HERE!

The last individual "Thank You" has to go to my dear friend Dacal! He worked countless hours to ensure the backwards compatibility and built the entire Base Widget for us. Not an easy task seeing he lives on the other side of the world! He spent many late nights, even way after he said that he was going to bed, making sure that we were moving forward and ironing out fine details that only a Master of code such as himself can. (I will get that bottle of whiskey too you very soon my dear friend!)

So lastly that leaves the WW team. This is a team that was assembled by some of the best around. I have a good core that has been around since the first version of WW and we have added some new faces along the way. So to my core testers and true friends, Thank You(not in any particular order):

Marty McFly
    Simon
    Krima
    Chevymusclecar
    RKO1195
    EricB78
    NewdestinyX
    Alfroggy
    DSG
    Ian Nicoll
    GroovyCarrot
    Matchstic

New to the team:

MamaJaay (Who loves ya babe)
    BootsBrown
    Bliken
    Padgoi
    Tajr12
    Pocyahtstu
    Thazsar

There is so much data available, that I think it might just better to give a little display of what your getting!

Available in Cydia!

********** Base Mods! *********

Updated!

Here's the first mod that is very cool and made by one of the masters of mods, Chevymusclecar!

Dropbox - WW2.0_Mod_chevymusclecar.zip
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 2016-03-18 at 05:50 PM.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2014-11-23 06:24 AM
    I'm HERE!! Let's get this goin'!!!!! "Twas' an extreme joy to participate in this beta, King! And boy have SDDev and Dacal done an amazing job!!! Backwards compatibility to most old WW1 widgets??! What, what!?!? Amazing.
    2014-11-23 06:24 AM
    Much appreciated King, Dacal, and all of the others!!! Been tired of seeing that it's raining on my 5S when it's not haha. Downloaded the beta and I'll let you know if I have any issues

Much appreciated to all who helped!!
    2014-11-23 06:37 AM
    Awesome Job SD and Dacal have done with this new 2.0 update for 8 love it and we've had a blast learning and digging in the new stuff! way more info in 2.0 version than ever before and you couldn't even find more info in others lol.. Big thanks to SD for making this happen.
    2014-11-23 06:52 AM
    Thanks all the beta team,still i am on 7.1.2 which as i read is not compatible,but in any case great news the WW2.0 for all the community!
    I ll keep in touch with the thread!
    Well done again!!
    2014-11-23 07:01 AM
    About time man. What the hell took you so long King? Get your head out of your *** next time and don't take so long!!!!!
    2014-11-23 07:09 AM
    SD and Dacal you guys have been amazing. Been a true privilege being a part of this team with all of you. Happy modding
    2014-11-23 07:11 AM
    WOW KING!! that was so beautifully announced it almost brought tears to my eyes!!
    2014-11-23 07:15 AM
    It was painstakingly hard work putting up with Kings jokes, but at the end of the day it was worth it! 😂
    Thanks majorly to my guy Dacal and big thanks and props to sddev! You guys are amazing!
    2014-11-23 07:16 AM
    Awesome!
    2014-11-23 07:18 AM
    It was very hard to put up with King, Chevy haha
    2014-11-23 07:29 AM
    What an awesome tweak and the fact it's backwards compatible to older WW mods makes it even better!

2014-11-23 08:44 AM
    Nice job bro but I don't know how to use it!!??😱😞
    2014-11-23 08:47 AM
    What's to know just install respring a few times and go to settings and set the settings to your liking like 12/24 F/C GPS so on and flip the switch in extra settings for write enable and force update a couple times
    2014-11-23 08:51 AM
    Like this bro?😁👍📲
    Or notWidget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved-imageuploadedbymodmyi1416729746.628028.jpg
    2014-11-23 09:02 AM
    I seem to have a problem getting the widgetweather.xml file to find my current location. It stays blank. I took this file from my 5s to get my widget to work. Not sure what I did wrong. I am using a 6+
    2014-11-23 09:46 AM
    I seem to have a problem getting the widgetweather.xml file to find my current location. It stays blank. I took this file from my 5s to get my widget to work. Not sure what I did wrong. I am using a 6+
    Check the permissions of your documents folder, must be mobile/mobile, write/read/execute for all. Delete old xml file, reboot, set to GPS and respring.
    Last edited by Dacal; 2014-11-23 at 10:17 AM.

My themes : Jade HD, Silex HD, BaSalt HD,ToPaz
    All are on Cydia and/or Theme It.
    2014-11-23 10:15 AM
    Thanks

Widget Weather 2.0 - New and Extemely Improved-imageuploadedbymodmyi1416735063.438126.jpg
    iphonejailbreak.fr
    2014-11-23 10:31 AM
    It's showing conflict with forecast tweak. Why can't i use both??
    2014-11-23 10:53 AM
    Firstly id like to thank everyone who had a hand in making this. You don't realise how important something becomes until you don't have it anymore, very glad to get this back on ios8.

Few questions I have.
    Am I right in thinking that the gps is set to constant?
    And having the setting as fixed will use either the first long lat that you enter or the subsequent ones if you turn the switch on?
    Also what does having the raw.json to write actually do? Is it necessary?

Thanks again
    2014-11-23 10:57 AM
1,621 1231151 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD