User Tag List

Since I got rid of Insomnia, I've not had one white screen!
    I only get white screens when I am using a modified Ezra Uniaw7 widget with or without insomnia installed. But when using uniaw7 full screen animations only I really don't get any at all. Which is weird.
    2015-01-09 06:07 PM
    Well I need animation on my LS.. That also stops working with occasionally without a solution like Insomnia.
    Well I have full animation and in over a week that clock has never been wrong or stopped or frozen it's been perfect.
    Just throwing it out there.
    The clock stopping is an issue for Javascript timer clocks running in WKWebView - not with the phone's internal clock which you've made to show on your LockScreen if I read you correctly. Which LockScreen player are you using?
    2015-01-09 06:20 PM
    I only get white screens when I am using a modified Ezra Uniaw7 widget with or without insomnia installed. But when using uniaw7 full screen animations only I really don't get any at all. Which is weird.
    I'm pretty sure the white screens can only happen in the presence of an SB widget that uses WeatherWalls like UniAW.. In WKWebView the SB can also lose lock with the data feeding the widget and the result is a white screen.. So if you're not running UniAW7 on your SB in GroovyBoard+ you'd not see the white screens. I am running UniAW7 on my SB.. And even without Insomnia people were complaining about white screens from the first testing days of Groovyboard+. Yet many HAVE reported that those white screens increase in the presence of Insomnia. Way more on 6+ than 6 from the reports here and other places.

For sure - if you can't stand ANY white screens or not even a few.. then Insomnia is not the answer for you. On my 6. It's the 'only answer'. And as I said.. maybe 2 white screens a day. I've had none today so far running Insomnia Pro.
    2015-01-09 06:24 PM
    The clock stopping is an issue for Javascript timer clocks running in WKWebView - not with the phone's internal clock which you've made to show on your LockScreen if I read you correctly. Which LockScreen player are you using?
    Groovylock+ is the player I'm using, and yes you read me correctly, however I think I miss read you. Despite the clock working flawlessly the animation does occasionally stop as you stated. But I can live with that personally however the clock thing was driving me crazy. Using stock stopped me from slitting my own wrists in frustration lol.
    2015-01-09 06:32 PM
    EXCELLENT FIND, Pibe!!!!! That was a simple thing... but you kept looking!! Exactly the spirit of this thread I created!! Finding answers on your own after learning from others!!! Great work, sir!!

Grant

Thank you, too kind ... I was going crazy for two days.... with some widgets did not get the description .... I uninstalled many cose..widget weather..sbhtml..groovylock .... nothing to do !!! ..... Then I tried to change the language and was fine .... and the current weather (real) was always Light Drizzle .... finally figured out !!!!
    2015-01-09 06:32 PM
    My workaround for the clock stopping business until a solution is found, wasn't a fan of insomnia so just went stock clock
    Attachment 691128
    Hi st0n3parad0x,

can you please share your GB+ friendly UNiAW mod, would be cool to use the stock clock too
    2015-01-09 06:38 PM
    I just updated Post #4 here with the 'refined' GroovyLock+ switch you can add to older WW widgets. Dacal looked over it and determined that it was better for the weatherHandler (containing all the parsing) to not be in a 'variable', which has to be declared in a certain order, to a function () which can be placed anywhere and still be called for from another function... So we now have all the parsing being done in ...
    Code:
     function weatherHandler (data) { ..... all parsing here....... }
    ... and then the new updateWeather () calls for that function depending on whether GroovyLockPlus switch is turned on in config.js or not.. Have fun! See post #4 for the updated code..
    2015-01-09 06:41 PM
    Hi st0n3parad0x,

can you please share your GB+ friendly UNiAW mod, would be cool to use the stock clock too
    heres the dropbox link to gb+stockclock uniaw mod for anyone who wants it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...stockclock.zip
    Last edited by st0n3parad0x; 2015-01-09 at 07:42 PM.
    2015-01-09 07:14 PM
    Hello JB community.. And then install, using iFile the following three .deb files. Simply click on these links one by one (groovyAPI+ first).. then when it asks you to OPEN IN - click on iFile.. In iFile you'll see a choice called INSTALLER.. Use that.. If you get error code 256 - you haven't uninstalled all the 3 older versions I mention above. If you get error code 512 you need to close out of Cydia in the APP SWITCHER (double click home button and swipe up on Cydia til it disappears). YOu want to get result code '0' for each of the three installs.. then you know you're ready to go...

Then place a copy of this widget in both the var/mobile/Library/Groovylock and var/mobile/Library/Groovyboard folders..
    CLICK HERE-->UniAW7rc10_GroovyLock+
    I cannot get GroovyBoard to install properly.

Let me start anew.
    I needed to update to 8.1.2, and re-jailbreak, after being on 8.1 since my new iPhone 6.
    Iíve been jailbreaking since 2007, and this is my first real set of frustrations here.

I did de-install *all* these files, quit from Lydia, and re-installed, using iFile when I was on a clean new jailbreak under 8.1.2.
    Got all Ď0í installs.
    I can get GrovvyLock files to work, somewhat, but only a few.
    that is, displaying the temps correctly.

I canít for the life of me get GroovyBoard to work or even re-install now, after deleting it thru Cydia.

I am using GroovyBoard themes that were previously working under 8.1 JB.
    I can edit files, and am fairly knowledgeable about doing the mods listed here and in theory threads.
    any thoughts?

I can post files if needed

TIA
    2015-01-09 10:13 PM
    I'm pretty sure the white screens can only happen in the presence of an SB widget that uses WeatherWalls like UniAW.. In WKWebView the SB can also lose lock with the data feeding the widget and the result is a white screen.. So if you're not running UniAW7 on your SB in GroovyBoard+ you'd not see the white screens. I am running UniAW7 on my SB.. And even without Insomnia people were complaining about white screens from the first testing days of Groovyboard+. Yet many HAVE reported that those white screens increase in the presence of Insomnia. Way more on 6+ than 6 from the reports here and other places.

For sure - if you can't stand ANY white screens or not even a few.. then Insomnia is not the answer for you. On my 6. It's the 'only answer'. And as I said.. maybe 2 white screens a day. I've had none today so far running Insomnia Pro.
    Like I said I only get white screens using the Ezra Uniaw7 widget. I have day and night walls only option turned on. When I run Uniaw7 fullscreen animations only I have no weather walls or day/night walls etc. I have none set. Just my wallpaper from the iPhone settings. If I do get a white screen, almost never its for a second then I guess the widget reloads and the white screen is gone. Its very rare that the white screen appears using full animations only. That's why I said its weird.
    2015-01-10 12:52 AM
    Clem,

Did you do a true DFU restore and setup as new?

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-01-10 01:34 AM
    It seems this "issue" was present in UiWebView too in early IOS8, fixed in IOS8.1.1, here is the bug report:
    rdar://18315454: Homescreen Web Applications lose Timing Functions after Lock/Wake

At that time there was a temporary fix made, it's beyond me but maybe Dacal would understand it:
    https://github.com/TaDaa/IOS8-FIX

I'm still hoping Apple change this in 8.2.

Attached Thumbnails Workaround Stategies for iOS8 respringing using GroovyAPI+-screen-shot-2015-01-10-10.50.16-am.png  
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-01-10 at 02:52 AM.
    2015-01-10 02:49 AM
    Thank you, Ian!! Very informative. It's always seemed like a bug to me too. It's rare that software/firmware developers 'reduce functionality' just for the sake of battery in my experience. But... well I guess we'll see when 8.2 hits.
    2015-01-10 03:57 AM
    Thank you, Ian!! Very informative. It's always seemed like a bug to me too. It's rare that software/firmware developers 'reduce functionality' just for the sake of battery in my experience. But... well I guess we'll see when 8.2 hits.
    The fact is that lots of software/apps need this function working, without it they will either not update to WKWebView or use a workaround, it's not just us (jailbreakers) that are suffering, so I don't know what Apple will decide, it's not software/firmware developers trying to save power, it's Apple, & whether they will reverse their decision I guess is down to how many complaints they receive.

But if they also did it intentionally on UIWebView in early IOS8 then reversed their decision in 8.1.1, then who knows...
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 2015-01-10 at 05:34 AM.
    2015-01-10 05:30 AM
    Clem,

Did you do a true DFU restore and setup as new?
    No, I suspect that is what I need to do.

I had thought about this late last nite in bed.
    just did the DFU, restore, installed the deb files and others.
    it seems to be working now, modding files
    Last edited by Clem-Clone; 2015-01-10 at 05:25 PM.
    2015-01-10 01:42 PM
    ... it's not just us (jailbreakers) that are suffering, so I don't know what Apple will decide, it's not software/firmware developers trying to save power, it's Apple, & whether they will reverse their decision I guess is down to how many complaints they receive.
    Apple's iOS team 'is' the collection of software/firmware developers I was referring to.. and they're known for having a "mind of their own"... And I agree 100% with you that it's likely we need to start the complaints flowing.. Ugh. I wonder if we can make a difference.. :/
    2015-01-10 02:04 PM
    heres the dropbox link to gb+stockclock uniaw mod for anyone who wants it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...stockclock.zip
    Can't get that link to work. Might just be me though lol
    2015-01-10 03:06 PM
    There might not be a resolve to this in the near future as 8.2 is focusing on adding the needed support for that stupid watch. So I'm not sure how many other things that they're looking at. I have no clue what is in this 8.1.3 update that is expected to drop possibly next week though.

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2015-01-10 04:16 PM
    There might not be a resolve to this in the near future as 8.2 is focusing on adding the needed support for that stupid watch. So I'm not sure how many other things that they're looking at. I have no clue what is in this 8.1.3 update that is expected to drop possibly next week though.
    Haha stupid watch
    2015-01-10 04:55 PM
    Can't get that link to work. Might just be me though lol
    Try this one,
    last one wouldn't work for me either,
    I copied this and pasted into address bar and link came up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fromjnqmdu...clock.zip?dl=0
    2015-01-10 05:14 PM
831 ... 3111213141523 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD