User Tag List

InfoStats 2 is a far better, and more lightweight implementation of the original InfoStats.

The idea is that it has two main functions:
    1: Inject Cycript into all web views on SpringBoard, such as iWidgets and LockHTML (all HTML tweaks are supported).
    2: Provide a powerful API allowing deep access into iOS' private frameworks

This allows HTML widgets and lockscreens to become first class citizens in SpringBoard alongside tweaks. Ever wanted to display the user's calendar entries (or even add in new ones)? Done. Wanted to be able to monitor the device's notification? Sure thing. Launch applications? No problem. That's just the tip of the iceberg; the possibilities are truly endless.

The best part too is how easy it ends up being to use. Want battery data? All you need is a single line:
    Code:
    <script type="text/cycript">
          var getBattery = "" + [IS2System batteryPercent];

// Do something with battery
    </script>
    Plus, all versions of iOS from 6.0 are supported by this tweak. Therefore, you're guranteed that any part of the API will work for legacy users.

Getting Started

I've prepared a short document to understand how to use Cycript and subsequently InfoStats2, which I'd highly recommend reading: Introduction to Cycript and InfoStats2

Each section of the API has it's own documentation page, detailing which functions it provides, and what data you can access through it. An index of these, along with a shorter description, can be found here: InfoStats2 Reference

Examples

To help get you started, I have prepared a number of examples. These range from tiny iWidgets that simply display the current battery charge, to complete HTML lockscreens that utilise multiple parts of the currently available API.

These can be found here: http://incendo.ws/projects/InfoStats...%20widgets.zip

Getting the tweak

You can download InfoStats2 right now at InfoStats2

This is a public repository, so feel free to share it with others, and also to use the example widgets as a base to work from.

Beyond the API

Since InfoStats2 injects Cycript into web views, you are not restricted to just using the functions provided by the API. Any framework provided by Apple is available to you, and if someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll put together a help document to do so.

Current progress

Right now, InfoStats2 is in release candidate stage. As a result, we're almost ready to release on Cydia in general!

After release, I'm aiming to complete sections of the API for:
    - Notes
    - System toggles
    - Easy support for hooking small iOS functions (Cycript allows for basic tweaks made in JavaScript)
    - Reading/writing settings plists
    - Alarms
    - Photos/camera
    - Contacts

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Does this tweak provide the .txt files needed for widgets coded using the first InfoStats?
    A: It does, and so conflicts with the first InfoStats in Cydia.

Q: When is the ETA for not-beta release?
    A: Sunday 5th June, 2016

Q: How can I give feedback?
    A: Just drop me an email through the InfoStats2 page in Cydia, or leave a comment here.

Credits/Thanks

Saurik (without WebCycript, this could not be possible)
    JunesIphone
    King_O_Hill
    chevymusclecar
    Krima
    NewD
    Alfroggy
    Bliken
    BootsBrown
    RKO1195
    MamaJaay
    Simon
    Rasputin007
    orangefreddie
    (If I missed someone, just holler at me)
    Last edited by Matchstic; 2016-06-01 at 07:55 PM.
    2016-01-03 03:45 AM
    Awesome work as always bro!

Check out WW3 for iOS 9/10 - Widget-Weather 3.0
    2016-01-03 03:49 AM
    Awesome

Thanks Matt
    2016-01-03 03:53 AM
    Crazy excited!!!
    2016-01-03 03:59 AM
    Awesomeness!!! Anyone else getting size mismatch when trying to download though??
    2016-01-03 05:50 AM
    Yap, I get the same thing. Size mismatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016-01-03 06:02 AM
    This is very powerful! Thanks for your awesome work boss!
    2016-01-03 06:32 AM
    hello i'm getting ''size missmatch''
    but just by reading the description i think this is a bomb
    Last edited by #m37h{; 2016-01-03 at 08:02 AM.
    2016-01-03 07:47 AM
    Sorry about that, I've resolved the mismatch error now!
    2016-01-03 08:58 AM
    This is very powerful! Thanks for your awesome work boss!
    Would u mind sharing your music widget Chevy? TIA
    2016-01-03 11:09 AM
    2016-01-03 01:11 PM
    awesomeness

I saw that teaser a while ago, but didnt hear anything from it, till now Cant wait to test that out
    2016-01-03 03:50 PM
    Hey Matt everything seems to be working great thanks. Just wondering, I would like to make a calendar widget - is it possible to have one that gets your next 2/3 events instead of just the system "upcoming event"? Cheers mate
    2016-01-04 10:55 AM
    Hey Matt everything seems to be working great thanks. Just wondering, I would like to make a calendar widget - is it possible to have one that gets your next 2/3 events instead of just the system "upcoming event"? Cheers mate
    calendarEntriesBetweenStartTime:andEndTime: seems to return an array of calendar entries.
    IS2Calendar Class Reference
    2016-01-04 02:51 PM
    calendarEntriesBetweenStartTime:andEndTime: seems to return an array of calendar entries.
    IS2Calendar Class Reference
    Yep, that's the one! Though I'd recommend using the JSON variant instead, as that allows you to not need to worry about interacting with ObjectiveC objects.
    2016-01-04 08:07 PM
    Yep, that's the one! Though I'd recommend using the JSON variant instead, as that allows you to not need to worry about interacting with ObjectiveC objects.
    Thanks June and Matt. Would wither of you be able to make a simple widget demonstrating this?

Wouldn't start time and end time make it have an expiry as u would pass that start date eventually. A "future date" would be better as then it would always list the events coming up in the next 30 days?

Cheers
    2016-01-04 10:23 PM
    Thanks June and Matt. Would wither of you be able to make a simple widget demonstrating this?

Wouldn't start time and end time make it have an expiry as u would pass that start date eventually. A "future date" would be better as then it would always list the events coming up in the next 30 days?

Cheers
    There should be calendar code in the LS Combined Test lockscreen, which grabs the first event available in the coming week.

I guess yeah, though for lockscreen for example that would probably be of no issue, as it would refresh the upcoming events each unlock when the HTML is unloaded. Widgets might need a refresh timer though. Either way, I can add in a timer into the API that calls the calendar callback on midnight each day to force a refresh. Might be the best solution.
    2016-01-04 10:53 PM
    Thank you for Infostats2.
    If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both
    www.dubailive.space
    2016-01-05 10:48 AM
    Awesome work bud! Glad to see this out public now! Thanks for your work on this and everything you've done and help us with
    2016-01-05 02:48 PM
    Would u mind sharing your music widget Chevy? TIA
    No I don't mind let me sort it out and I'll post it here.
    2016-01-05 04:03 PM
658 12311 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD