User Tag List

dude, i got v1.0.2 firmware... but i cant select the message tone... in v1.1.1 you have that feature... so u got any hacks / mods so that i can enable that??
    DL Customize from apptapp - or from thespicychicken.com

it allows for LOTS of custom images, and lots of sounds including all SMS, VM, eMail alerts

can anyone make this into a one-click application for OSX? im terribly uncomfortable with playing with the SSH stuff...
    It's not bad.

The instructions are simple and to the point. you delete and replace to files.

It's a good thing you came around now with all the 1 click jailbreaking.

When I did it the first time there was a 20-30 step process all handwritten in Terminal - DLing files, typing commands,holding sleep/wake and home for 30-45secs, let go, reboot, type, reboot, :banghead:
    That was nail biting.

First thing - open - a file browser (depends on Mac or Win)
    then just try and find the files.
    browse around - get comfortable with it.

it's just like looking for a file on your PC
    Last edited by NVMY4N; 2007-10-29 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Transformers Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

"300" Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

If you are helped, use the button. It's a much better stat than a post count.
    2007-10-29 10:34 PM
    Alright I'm on FirmWare 1.0.2. I downloaded the iVolume 1.3 and uploaded them to it's appropriate folder via iBrickr. I don't notice any difference. I was trying to delete the file first but when I click on the file the only option I could do is "Download". I can't delete it and upload the new files...also my Dial Pad is still super soft. I must be doing something wrong. Maybe it just doesn't over write the file and I need to upload it brand new? I rebooted a few times and I still notice no difference in the sound.
    2007-10-30 02:37 AM
    okay.....do you have MobileFinder installed? if not use AppTapp install it.

Use that to removed the files.
    Close that.
    Lock and Unlock phone
    then go in with iBrikr and add the files.

OR

DL some other File Browser (iFuntastic will let you do this.....) Or OpenSSH and the BSD Subsystem and Cyberduck or an Similar App

2007-10-30 02:41 AM
    1.3 works great on my 1.1.1

Thanks for the tip, greatly appreciated.
    2007-10-30 06:04 AM
    existing files .....wich files should i dalete ....removed the ....

gb
    2007-10-30 08:51 AM
    hey i got another iphone with v1.1.1. Wch software can i use to install themes onto it?? Summerboard dosnt work.... istalled through installer.app... i've got a windows system...
    2007-10-30 09:53 AM
    Ok, I did the 1.2 version and it went off without a hitch, although the only difference that I noticed was the dialpad was super loud and beatphone was louder. Then I kept reading and people were saying that 1.3 was better. So I installed that, per the instructions given, and now I have no UI sounds (lock, unlock, mail, sms, etc), but ringtones, ipod, and youtube still put sound through the speaker. So I reinstalled the original stock file, but still no sound, nor with reinstalling 1.2. What do I do?

I am on iBook g4 ppc using cyberduck
    2007-10-30 10:51 AM
    EMIR, please clarify did you use the 1.3 files to fix the volume on 1.1 firmware and can anyone confirm this is a fix, thanks all
    2007-10-30 01:56 PM
    You have to make sure that your Plist file is saved back to binary before you reboot. Get "Erica sadun's utilities" for "plutil" copy this to /bin on you phone. Then you would able to save these volume fix files to binary format("plutil -c binary1 plistfile" and reverse is xml1) and copy them to the folders as mentioned in the first page.

I did see improvement in the receiver's volume and speaker as well. But not the best like Nokia phones sound.
    2007-10-30 04:02 PM
    can we just copy the 1.3 files over the old on firmware 1.1.1? I don't understand this plutil utility
    2007-10-30 04:28 PM
    Dhamjay can you share your PLIST files that work on the Iphone 1.1 please, I dont have a clue how to do what you have stated, sharing would allow us all to test

Thanks
    2007-10-30 04:53 PM
    thanks...version 1.3 really worked on my 1.1.1

greetings from italy
    2007-10-31 03:51 AM
    EMIR, please clarify did you use the 1.3 files to fix the volume on 1.1 firmware and can anyone confirm this is a fix, thanks all
    That is correct.
    I used 1.3 and I notice quite a difference in my ringtone volume as well as system sounds.

For best results, use simple mono sounds to test.
    It's not an Old School Nokia but there is a good 20% gain in volume.
    No change in iPod over headphones but when played through the external speaker, the sound is cleaner and crisper. Same goes for speakerphone (use it for voice mail mostly)

If it makes any difference, I didn't try any of the previous gain tables (assuming that's what it is) before 1.3 so I can't comment on them.
    2007-10-31 05:03 AM
    ok so is it true, I can use the 1.3 files on the first post on my 1.1 firmware and it will give me louder volume, can a moderator confirm please I do not want to mess up my iphone, thanks all great job!
    2007-10-31 01:33 PM
    ok so is it true, I can use the 1.3 files on the first post on my 1.1 firmware and it will give me louder volume, can a moderator confirm please I do not want to mess up my iphone, thanks all great job!
    2 or 3 have confirmed it.

Just back the two files up before you delete them, it won't disable the phone.

if you don't like it, replaced them with the back ups.

2007-10-31 08:34 PM
    Is this still in testing, has it been tweaked since 1.3 is a new one coming out?
    2007-10-31 09:53 PM
    Tired to download file1.3 but it seems to give me an error can you provide a new link to download
    2007-10-31 11:09 PM
    Is a newer version coming out soon that is even louder? I installed 1.3 and my co-worker who has a T-Mobile MDA and his speaker is SUPER loud. He keeps making fun at how my iPhone is so soft and can't even hear the music at all.

I can barely hear my music when I'm outside.... What is the loudest it can go without actually damaging the iPhone speakers?
    2007-11-01 10:48 AM
    I only notice increase in head phone and a better sound on ring tones...but no increase in speaker
    2007-11-01 03:44 PM
    did the 1.2 and did notice that the clicks and keypad volume were much louder. didnt really notice that playing music was louder or the speakerphone was louder on a call.
    2007-11-01 04:44 PM
319 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD