View Poll Results: Do you wish you had fully working bluetooth and do you think my theory will work?

Voters
734. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah, I miss bluetooth. I think this could work!

605 82.43%
  • Bluetooth was great, but your theory will never work...

40 5.45%
  • I don't care for bluetooth much, but this might just work...

25 3.41%
  • Nah, I hate bluetooth. Couldn't care less what you think!

6 0.82%
  • This is a good theory, I'm willing to try and make it happen. =]

58 7.90%
    I only have 2 portable bluetooth devices..... a plantronics ear piece and a Garmin nuvi 660 gps with bluetooth phone access and both work fine with my iphone.
    2008-06-06 05:54 PM
    Wow, I can't believe people still vote on the poll, this thread is long dead...

Lol, mod, please close the poll, no need for it anymore...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-12 10:41 AM
    u gave up??? i still havnt given up on my winmo thread... i went to find devs... u should do the same...
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks
    2008-06-13 03:22 AM
    lol i thought they couldnt make it or no one wanted to or something? or is it still a possibility?
    2008-06-13 04:42 AM
    well look... wiht the winmo thing i was told that it wasnt gonna happen by alot of people... including the dev team... i kept looking and i an getting it done... so idk u need dev friends

2008-06-13 05:12 AM
    Yeah, but by the looks of it it doesn't seem like it could happen...
    I've been busy with exams and all, so haven't had the time to look into talking to devs...
    I might a bit later... I would LOVE this... And the new iPhone is coming out, so things will be changing any who...
    How is WinMo going? Has development begun?
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-13 10:55 AM
    iPhone Bluetooth [Transfer Files Win]

Bluetooth alive again i think i have found this thing on torrent .....
    its a paid version of some app....... but have searched and found that some users who have paid for it say it works........
    can be found on piratebay
    2008-06-22 11:23 PM
    tell us if it works

2008-06-23 02:35 AM
    Yeah, I have found it... I'm looking into it now...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-23 08:42 AM
    ya waiting for your response .......
    2008-06-23 03:27 PM
    Check this iPhone Bluetooth - iPhone forum Russia
    this is our russian iphone forum.. those guy have find a bluetooth program which alloy you to transfer files over bluetooth on iphone. But it paid version too...
    But unfortunately its a fake, and stuff like this are million in the internet, and i think this app which ammarmalhotra has found is also fake...
    but i still hope, and believe that there will be a day, when i can connect my bluetooth gps and iphone...
    2008-06-23 04:33 PM
    next version after 3g...

2008-06-23 06:17 PM
    Yeah, I tried. I didn't trust it but I put my card in it though... Just to see, but it came up with some error...
    I hope nothing bad happens to my card lol. Idc, having it canceled anyway...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-24 08:19 AM
    Yeah, I tried. I didn't trust it but I put my card in it though... Just to see, but it came up with some error...
    I hope nothing bad happens to my card lol. Idc, having it canceled anyway...
    Lol..thanks for taking one for the team
    2008-06-26 05:04 AM
    ugh im from aus n i thoguht bluetooth any worked in the states. guess im not alone haha. will the 3g iphone have the bluetooth working?
    2008-06-30 09:50 AM
    ugh im from aus n i thoguht bluetooth any worked in the states. guess im not alone haha. will the 3g iphone have the bluetooth working?
    Umm, dude. Bluetooth works anywhere. You could be in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and it will still work. Location has nothing to do with it... *cough*NOOB*cough*

No, 3G iPhone will not support bluetooth. As the days go by Apple are becoming more and more asses.
    They need to wake up and assess the situation... People buy more devices of they support the features...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-06-30 05:03 PM
    Why do such people buy "complex" devices like an iPhone They should be happy and content wif a land line
    2008-07-04 08:00 PM
    Why do such people buy "complex" devices like an iPhone They should be happy and content wif a land line
    HAHA, he probably doesn't even know what jailbreaking is...
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP
    2008-07-05 07:05 AM
    Wow, I've already read the whole thread and I have some things to say. Anyway, almost every think I go to say is on the thread:

- /dev it's a devices directory where are mapped the hardware in device files.

- The /dev filesystem devfs is used in the iPhone and you can't write to this directory basically because the permissions are:
    dr-xr-xr-x 3 root wheel 740 Jul 5 23:19 /dev
    and there are no write permissions for anyone.

- The filesystem it's not encrypted at all:
    # mount
    /dev/disk0s1 on / (hfs, local, noatime)
    devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
    /dev/disk0s2 on /private/var (hfs, local, noatime)
    /dev/disk0s1 is the first partition where is located the system and /dev/disk0s2 the media filesystem for media files. Both have write permissions for root.

- The executable file /System/Library/Frameworks/BluetoothManager.framework/BluetoothManager has some strings that make me think it's the more important for manage bluetooth, like:
    BT: setPincode:%@ forDevice:%@
    BT: connection request from %s
    BT: device %@ connect event: %d with result %d
    BT: audio connect failed for %s
    BT: connecting bluetooth audio for %s
    BT: audio disconnect failed for %s
    BT: disconnecting bluetooth audio for %s
    BT: connectDevice: %@
    BT: pairDevice: %@
    (...)
    And I finally think no developers work in this issue even with money pay because it's a difficult think and no one can accept money for a try only.

I would like to know how to play with all this but I'm looking for more technical information for now.

Anyway I think we can play with device files. Surely /dev/tty.bluetooth is a serial port connector to device. I'll try to compile python with serial module support and play with all this info.

Best regards and keep in touch.
    2008-07-08 09:37 PM
    yes A2DP and file transfer would be enough. Don't need all the 25 or so profiles. And I am quite sure its only software.
    2008-07-10 06:51 PM
239 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD