I've seen this question posted quite a few times but no one seems to know the answer but...

Can anyone tell me where the background image is for the homepage area?

I've noticed that Summberboard/iSwitcher can change the background, and I've found the dock and very top bar images, but I can't locate the actual background file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    2007-10-13 12:21 PM
    SummerBoard is the only app that can display a wallpaper on the desktop. The file Wallpaper.png located in the SummerBoard theme you have selected. The themes are stored in:
    /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    2007-10-18 06:44 AM
    SummerBoard is the only app that can display a wallpaper on the desktop. The file Wallpaper.png located in the SummerBoard theme you have selected. The themes are stored in:
    /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
    Yes, but...

Is there a way to force the background "by hand." IE changing a plist setting, or overwriting a file (where is the "black" background located)?

-Pie
    2007-10-20 04:18 AM
    God i wish someone knew!!!
    2007-10-20 08:17 AM
    no there is not a way, other than by installing summerboard (or maybe another program)

the black is hard coded into the springboard and is not simply an image file
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."
    2007-10-22 02:45 AM
    May be answered somewhere else but just make the image you want 320x480 and name it Wallpaper.png (cap is needed) and put it in /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/Default. Of course summerboard must be installed...
    Worked for me no probs
    2007-12-03 11:01 PM
    May be answered somewhere else but just make the image you want 320x480 and name it Wallpaper.png (cap is needed) and put it in /var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes/Default. Of course summerboard must be installed...
    Worked for me no probs
    Smart Idea dud....it's coolzz....
    2007-12-04 06:40 AM
    Like always you are doing everything in very difficult ways :P I think it's better to overwrite original apple wallpapers ---> " /var/wallpaper " then choose one of them, and after that go to summerboard and just slide off wallpaper... vualia ! You have the same wallpaper for lock/home screens
    2008-05-11 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD