I just Jailbreaked my iPhone with iLiberty+ and now my phone keeps asking me to unlock SIM. Why is this so and how do I remove this?
    Last edited by ifone_junkie; 2008-04-06 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-05 01:32 AM
    bump

does this message mean my phone is now unlocked? if not how can you tell?
    2008-04-06 05:11 AM
    lol im srry but this is an incredibly stupid question!
    ok first if ur At&t then thats wierrd........
    but im sure ur not an at&t user... to check if its unlocked call someone dude!!! LMAO

its probably not unlocked but for us to help u we need more background.. tell us :
    what firmware are u on? and wat bootloader do u hve? and check ur baseband in:
    settings>general>about>modem firmware..
    2008-04-06 05:52 AM
    but im sure ur not an at&t user... to check if its unlocked call someone dude!!! LMAO

its probably not unlocked but for us to help u we need more background.. tell us :
    I'm just gonna ignore that irrational comment you made.
    It appears you misunderstood my question.

So my phone asks me to unlock SIM thats one question,

The other is I used iLiberty to unlock the phone but not sure if it worked so I wanna know how do you check that?

Thank You
    2008-04-06 06:09 AM
    Do you use ATT?
    2008-04-06 06:25 AM
    Yes I use AT&T
    2008-04-06 08:41 AM
    hold it... do you have any signal now with your AT and T? and have you tried calling someone to see if it works? If it works then you have 'unlocked' your phone... if you have the installer icon as well.. then you have jailbroken and unlocked your phone.
    2008-04-06 02:03 PM
    If you have At&t, you don't need to be unlocking your phone. That's your problem.

And you're just useless.
    Last edited by Jasper44; 2008-04-07 at 05:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-07 05:54 AM
    Thank You guys! Question answered, the world is such a better place with people who are rational and try to help others, so thanks.

By the way, I do have signal and the phone works fine.
    2008-04-08 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD