Hello everyone,

I tried some searching but couldn't find a thread that already contained this question. Please direct me if I am wrong.

I jailbroke and unlocked my iphone to 1.0.2 almost 6 months back when it came out. I used the method described on this page. I was thinking about upgrading but there are so many ways now that I just can't seem to think straight and know which method is best, safest and easiest.

Can you guys help me out here? How can I upgrade from 1.0.2 to the most current version (I am using tmobile, btw)?

Any help and direction would be awesome.

Thanks so much.
    2008-04-05 09:22 PM
    No problem. Just enter DFU mode, and do a restore through itunes. It will automatically upgrade you to 1.1.4. After it's done, you have a couple options to jailbreak/unlnock/activate:

1. pwnage tool, which I reccomend
    2. ziphone, which works great as well
    3. iliberty, also works great

All of these are pretty much one click solutions, with no downgrading required.
    2008-04-05 09:25 PM
    Sorry, what's DFU mode? So when I restore and upgrade to 1.1.4, it will not brick my phone?

Will I need the original AT&T sim card?

Pwnage tool you say, hmm....

Thanks I will look into this!

Well I just tried using the Pwnage tool, but it didn't work out.

I clicked the help button in the program and was trying to find out why and I think I got it. Apparently, you have to be running 1.1.3 or 1.1.4.

So since I am not running those versions, but 1.0.2, I won't be able to use this method, I guess.

So then use ziphone?
    Last edited by mariok; 2008-04-05 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-04-05 09:51 PM
    Yes, I was recommending using the pwnage tool after upgrading to 1.1.4. Upgrading to 1.1.4 will not brick your phone.

I'm not even positive that ziphone will work on your old firmware. I would definitely recommend upgrading. All you have to do is restore in itunes, itunes will automatically upgrade you to 1.1.4..
    2008-04-05 09:59 PM
    Hello I need to do the same thing but I'm afraid to loose all my data - will restoring get rid of all my info stored on the phone? and will i need the original ATT sime card to resotre?
    2008-04-06 03:34 PM
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98681 ... follow that guid and it will walk u through every thing

u need a simcard period to upgrade just make sure u unlock
    Last edited by cscho0415; 2008-04-06 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks
    2008-04-06 04:03 PM
    will all my data disappear?
    2008-04-06 04:34 PM
    I guess I will through in my two cents. I don't think its a wise idea to upgrade to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. I recently upgraded to 1.1.3 and I had to instal close to 10 seperate fixes to get the iPhone working. Plus my SMS is recieving and sending messages in incorrect timezone stamps so all the messages are out of order. Customize will not work, etc...

I tryed to downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 and both of them have problems with summerboard. Well if you can find the old summerboard you should be good.

Right now my money would be on 1.1.1 or 1.1.2.

In a couple of months firmware 2.0 will be out which will completely change the way we use and get applications. If you want upgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 and then wait till firmware 2.0
    2008-04-06 04:59 PM
    I recently upgraded to 1.1.3 and I had to instal close to 10 seperate fixes to get the iPhone working.
    with pwnage i havnt had to install any fixes...
    will all my data disappear?
    no just back up your phone first... u might loose texts or notes but nothin all that important

2008-04-06 05:09 PM
    With the recent release of the pwnage tool, I still see a lot of people that use ATT that are having problems with getting service after they do this. I have a nonjailbroken iphone that is running 1.1.4 since that update released. I am torn between using ilibertyx or pwnage. What would you recommend running?

I tried jailbreaking when I was on 1.1.4 a couple of months ago and decided to restore because of so many issues with applications working.
    2008-04-06 06:38 PM
    i used pwnage and im an att customer... it works better than any previous method i have used... just make sure u unlock it... i have no fixes installed with pwnage cause there are none needed... every thing else i tried fixes were needed... its totaly the best out there

2008-04-06 06:47 PM
    Is there a reason why ATT customers are having to click the unlock option? What did you select for the bootneuter? I am not sure what to do with my bootloader that I have.
    2008-04-06 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD