i tried to restore my phone back to 1.0.2 after having crashes, freezes, etc, but i get an unknown error message (6) on itunes.

i originally followed this guide http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1 and it worked fine.

i went about it by holding the home + sleep button for 25+ seconds, but when i hold option and push restore and select 1.0.2 restore file, i get the unknown error message.

will the apple store be able to see if i have 3rd party apps on the phone if i bring it in to them in recovery mode?

im now stuck in recovery mode and can't seem to do anything about it.
    Last edited by bloo; 2007-10-15 at 11:31 PM. Reason: clarify
    2007-10-15 11:30 PM
    i tried to restore my phone back to 1.0.2 after having crashes, freezes, etc, but i get an unknown error message (6) on itunes.

i originally followed this guide http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_1 and it worked fine.

i went about it by holding the home + sleep button for 25+ seconds, but when i hold option and push restore and select 1.0.2 restore file, i get the unknown error message.

will the apple store be able to see if i have 3rd party apps on the phone if i bring it in to them in recovery mode?

im now stuck in recovery mode and can't seem to do anything about it.
    Try to follow my guide in my signature (for Windows) you can replace the tools used on Windows by the ones used for MAC.
    2007-10-16 02:05 AM
    I was the same problem Error 6, I try to download the Xpwn, but nothing, then i read an article that says that maybe the problem was the Itunes, and for some reason my computer reset with no reason, then I try to upgrade to firmware 2.0.1 and, Walla!!!, its work, so I try with another iphone, and the problem was the same, Error 6, so, I reset my computer and complete the secuence again, and Walla, again its done!!!
    2008-08-11 04:34 AM
    Get into DFU using this exact method, worked for me

Try the following steps to manually enter DFU mode :

- Plug iPhone to the PC via USB
    - Switch off the iPhone
    - Hold Power and Home buttons together 10 seconds (precisely!)
    - After 10 seconds, release Power button but keep holding Home button until your PC recognized the iPhone as a USB device
    - The display should be black like it is switched off
    - DFU mode is reached !
    2008-08-11 08:44 AM
    I was the same problem Error 6, I try to download the Xpwn, but nothing, then i read an article that says that maybe the problem was the Itunes, and for some reason my computer reset with no reason, then I try to upgrade to firmware 2.0.1 and, Walla!!!, its work, so I try with another iphone, and the problem was the same, Error 6, so, I reset my computer and complete the secuence again, and Walla, again its done!!!

this one worked for me!! thank you so much!! it works!!!

i hit the thank you button. if i could hit it more then i would. haha its been days that ive been working on this and nobody would help me.
    2009-02-15 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD