User Tag List

I read through the instructions twice before attempting the fix, after I followed all the step, even did the winStallergui.exe start the unlock.app allowed 20 minute for it to flash the firmware, I still get the 0499 IMEI, any other ideas. I tried so many other ways and it didn't work, I been working at this iphone for 4 days, any help please. Thanks
    2007-11-20 09:04 PM
    After spending about 8-9 hours over the last week unsuccessfully trying to make this re-virginize process work with my my jailbroken 1.0.2 iPhone, and pulling my hair out, I finally found

http://iphone.unlock.no

I was skeptical, because it is sounded so easy, especially compared to the solution offered here. AND, I decided to give it a try.

I followed the instructions
    1) add their site to my community sources
    2) installed their virginize program
    3) ran the program.

I then hooked it up to itunes, restored the phone, and VOILA, 1.1.1. all ready to go.

It was easier than I thought possible.

I apologize if this has been stated in another post I couldn't find, but I wish I had done this before doing anything else, and wanted to share.

Thank to everyone who has contributed to this thread!
    2007-11-20 11:43 PM
    Just a heads up,
    i tried the above link http://iphone.unlock.no/ last week and my phone currenly says "REpair needed, cannot make or receive calls"

I'm gonna try Ravens solution and see how i get on
    2007-11-21 01:57 AM
    I have problems with phase 2.5... I get this error:

Looking for restore files
    Extracting restore files
    Extracting ramdisk
    Extracting kernelcache
    Ramdisk: CDocuments and Settings\user\Desktop\wiNstaller/009-7698-4.dmg
    Kernelcache: CDocuments and Settings\user\Desktop\wiNstaller/kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb
    Terminating CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
    This version of iTunesMobileDevice.dll is not supported
    Error initializing communications with iPhone.
    anyone know what the problem is?
    in advance, Thanks!
    2007-11-21 10:05 PM
    Thanks, very detailed and coherent explanations!
    It also worked for my 04.02.13_G baseband firmware - with a slight difference:
    After Phase 2, Step 9:

'Now we check the version of the baseband, which should be v4.01 by typing:
    Code:
    bbupdater -v"

Here comes the difference:
    If it returns v4.02.13_G and not v4.01.13_G,
    you have to replace the secpack file from /usr/bin (uploaded on iphone earlier with ibrickr).
    So, do this:
    Download http://winandmac.com/files/rbb2.zip
    Unpack the zip
    Delete from iphone, from /usr/bin, the file secpack
    Upload on the iphone, in /usr/bin, the following files from rbb2.zip:restorebb, secpack, secpack.bin

Now you can proceed to Phase 2, Step 10.

This is the way to crack the nut of the 04.02.13_G.

The only slight misinformation I have found in this guide is in the title of Phase 2:
    "Phase 2 :: Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.xx to v3.14x"
    No, the original guide seems to be made for "Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.01.xx to v3.14.xx"
    For "Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.02.xx to v3.14.xx", do the additional steps.

Thanks!
    Respects to ReVan!
    2007-11-22 12:11 AM
    doing the upgrading via DFU method will brick my phone or not....pls help..
    2007-11-22 09:29 AM
    i messed up during restore. my phone version is something lower than v1.1.1. how do i start to restore now. i am not getting yellow triangle..
    2007-11-23 08:50 AM
    in phase 2 whenever i install pxl it goes throught the 3 steps and then it goes back to install pxl, and it never installs. i put all the files one by one into usr/bin but it still doesnt install
    2007-11-24 03:53 AM
    Thanks, very detailed and coherent explanations!
    It also worked for my 04.02.13_G baseband firmware - with a slight difference:
    After Phase 2, Step 9:

'Now we check the version of the baseband, which should be v4.01 by typing:
    Code:
    bbupdater -v"

Here comes the difference:
    If it returns v4.02.13_G and not v4.01.13_G,
    you have to replace the secpack file from /usr/bin (uploaded on iphone earlier with ibrickr).
    So, do this:
    Download http://winandmac.com/files/rbb2.zip
    Unpack the zip
    Delete from iphone, from /usr/bin, the file secpack
    Upload on the iphone, in /usr/bin, the following files from rbb2.zip:restorebb, secpack, secpack.bin

Now you can proceed to Phase 2, Step 10.

This is the way to crack the nut of the 04.02.13_G.

The only slight misinformation I have found in this guide is in the title of Phase 2:
    "Phase 2 :: Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.xx to v3.14x"
    No, the original guide seems to be made for "Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.01.xx to v3.14.xx"
    For "Downgrading iPhone BaseBand from v4.02.xx to v3.14.xx", do the additional steps.

Thanks!
    Respects to ReVan!
    I have the same 04.02.13 firmware and i downloaded the zip file.
    I deleted secpack on the iphone and uploaded the 3 files you said to do.
    When i run ieraser it tells me I need a file called secpack matching my current firmware version in this folder. It tells me to see http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com for instructions finding this file

Any suggestions?
    Also, my speaker stopped working some time as I was entering the commands???

running 1.0.2 with incorrect sim message

ok. oi got it to flash the baseband. I wait and it goes to progress updated 100 and freezes.
    I now have no baseband or wifi.

UPDATE: I successfully downgraded to 1.0.2
    Downgraded baseband to 3.14.08
    I checked my IMEI # and its same with the number on the back of my phone.
    What do I do?
    It still says incorrect SIM. Should I run the unlock app anyways?

UPDATE:
    I am trying to run the unlock.app from winstaller and I am getting this message
    Terminating CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
    I have tried running with itunes on. off. Tried downloading another mobiledevice.dll file, restarting both the phone, and itunes, no luck.

Any advice?

UPDATE:
    I just decided to not run unlock.app since I saw that my ime numbers match and VIRGINIZED the phone in step 3
    After that I turned off my phone, and installed my sim. And powered it back on. I am using ATnT so I will stay at 1.0.2 and wait for GUI programs to come out. This was nerveracking (30hrs)
    I dont do computer programming and the only apple I ever used was this phone.

Thanks for the guide non the less! Thank you soo much!
    Last edited by kevinsiphone; 2007-11-24 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-24 12:08 PM
    I have the same 04.02.13 firmware and i downloaded the zip file.
    I deleted secpack on the iphone and uploaded the 3 files you said to do.
    When i run ieraser it tells me I need a file called secpack matching my current firmware version in this folder. It tells me to see http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com for instructions finding this file

Any suggestions?

running 1.0.2 with incorrect sim message

ok. oi got it to flash the baseband. I wait and it goes to progress updated 100 and freezes.
    I now have no baseband or wifi.

What do I do?
    It still says incorrect SIM. Should I run the unlock app anyways?

UPDATE:
    I am trying to run the unlock.app from winstaller and I am getting this message
    Terminating C:Program FilesiTunesiTunes.exe

No, no, no, you don't need winstaller! Follow exactly the guide from ReVan!

Any advice?
    Any suggestions?

I don't know why, it worked for me...
    I think the secpack I indicated is good for my baseband firmware and not for yours. You can check that url to document further, about what secpack you need, based on the data you see after bbupdate -v.
    Anyway, deprecated problem, you passed this...

Don't worry, happened to me too. After the next reboot, things go back to normal.

What do I do?
    It still says incorrect SIM.
    This is great, there is where you should be!

Should I run the unlock app anyways?
    No! If your IMEI is ok, then you can skip the following steps:
    Phase 2.5 :: Fix your corrupt IMEI i.e. 00499xxxxx a.k.a "Invalid SIM Error"
    Phase 3 :: Fix your corrupt seczone and reversing anySIM/iUnlock mess-ups!

Go directly to: Phase 3.5 :: Upgrade your iPhone to v1.1.1 via DFU mode.

You have just 2-3 little steps to do! Go ahead!

Anyway, all this discussion is deprecated, something new has emerged.
    Check http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185 also by ReVan.
    But I guess that, first, you have to "upgrade" to 1.1.1 and then start the other guide (which is by the way much simpler).
    This way you can get an unlocked 1.1.2!

Success!!
    2007-11-24 12:10 PM
    Guys I Need Help Please My Iphone Is Modded I Have Alot Of Apps And I Use My Iphone With My Tmobile Sim I Am Trying To Download A New Update For Customize And Its Telling Me I Need To Update My Firmware Again Does Anybody No A Safe And Easy Way To Get This Done..
    2007-11-24 09:45 PM
    every time i install any sim as it gets to the end it says:
    anysim cannot unlock this phone anysim will now quit
    please turn off your phone and turn it on again after anysim quits.

I was on 1.1.1.unlocked on vodafone and it was freezing and crashing,so need to do this updown grade.
    any ideas?
    2007-11-25 07:22 PM
    This is 100% great! You're one awesome coder, RVN! Keep it up!
    2007-11-26 12:35 PM
    Finally - my phone has some life. Thank you for all the very hard work!!

I went through the downgrading baseband section and when I finished I still had the v4xx baseband. So I went back and re-did the section. Now after step 7 I get "no such process". I double checked that I copied each file into that folder.

Suggestions? The first time through I had my SIM in and iTunes closed. This time I removed the SIM and opened iTunes.

Thank you very much!

Ok - got that to work. Now after section 13, I get a Error: failed to download .FLS: Could not verify downloaded image

Then, checking the baseband indicates 04.02.14_G

What am I doing wrong???

I (now have) the SIM card in, iTues 7.5 open along with iBrickr.

I went back and re-downloaded each file (one at a time) in the savior pack to the /usr/bin/, and they all show to be there.

Thanks for the help. I'm off to bed for now. Will check back tomorrow.

Thanks again!
    Last edited by wineshop; 2007-11-27 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-27 06:23 AM
    How do I set permissions on the virginizing files if I don't have wifi?(NO WIFI) Because when I try to virginise,it tells me permissions denied.
    2007-11-27 09:03 PM
    After step 12, it is still showing 04.02.13_G next to firmware. Everything seems good up to that point.

Suggestions??
    2007-11-28 02:49 AM
    hey I upgraded from 111 to 112 using iTunes. I have AT&T and would like to jail break. Is there any easy way to do it? Or so I need to follow this guid?

Thanks
    2007-11-28 12:05 PM
    There are too many unanswered posts for downgrading your baseband from v4.02 to v4.01... please DO NOT post it here as this is not the right Thread for v4.02. Please go here instead http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17185

Anyways, please add i.unlock.no to your Installer Source and Install the 1.1.2 Baseband downgrade. Do this ONLY if you have accidentally upgraded your phone and wish to revert back to v1.1.1
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-11-28 at 06:55 PM.
    2007-11-28 06:51 PM
    For the scenario enclosed on the bottom, I can guarantee that this tutorial wont work. I tried it and everytime I restore, Yes, it gives me an error, next when I run apptapp, it gives error and never completes (even after I close itunes). But even if it does, i still dont think my iphone can be "unbricked". This is because no matter how this tutorial works, it cannot stop the freezing in my "slide to unlock" screen. Yes itunes recognizes the iphone and does the restore, but it does nothing to the freezing.

I guess I just wasted my money, well, if you all can help out, it would be a bonus, but i doubt it, it looks very very bleak.

Cheers for being relieved, feel like smashing the iphone and then posting it on youtube like the ps3 and wii.

\\\\\\\\\I have seen this problem happen to several people but minimal.
    Can anyone give an explanation why this is happening?
    My iphone was originally 1.1.1 (04.01.13_G) downgraded to 1.0.2 (04.01.13_G), then upgraded back to 1.1.1 using carnaval method.
    It was fully functional until 1 day, I was listening to itunes and forgot to off it for the night. In the morning battery was low. I charged it and from then onwards it gets frozen on "slide to unlock" screen even after a RESTORE of v1.1.1 and keeps restarting every 10 minutes.
    Bottom line, RESTORE works fine, however, the restarting and freezing remains.

This case is very scarce though I have seen some posted.

Should I try the:
    1) [GUIDE] Downgrade v1.1.1 to v1.0.2 + Fix Seczone (Automated) & Upgrade to v1.1.1

2) Why is this happening? I never had bad IMEI, the only thing i can think of which is did wrong is maybe i virginized the baseband which actually did not need to virginized in the 1st place.

Please advise Revan or anyone who knows what they are doing. Thanks.\\\\\\\\\
    2007-11-29 01:10 AM
    I have downloaded AppTappInstaller from the link provided windows from
    but when I click on it after welcome screen and choosing fimware version 1.0.2 it starts downloading "iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.ipsw" file and says it will take about 4 Hours with my slow connection. Is this normal? I have seen others saying they have installed this for about 10 minutes or so. Am I missing something here? plz help
    2007-11-29 08:21 PM
522 ... 132122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD