at the Unlock icon when i click all i get is this white screen is this rite?
    2007-10-16 05:35 PM
    I followed the instructions and successfully flashed the baseband back to factory setting 3.14
    However, I do not want to unlock again. I have AT&T and I would like to just use AT&T and upgrade t0 1.1.1
    But I'm now getting the Incorrect SIM error and I really don't want to have to run unlock.app
    How do I fix this without unlocking?
    2007-10-16 05:47 PM
    I keep getting
    Error: Failed to download .FLS: Could not verify downloaded image
    2007-10-16 05:48 PM
    it WORk!!! WOW thank you.

my iPhone was unlock then my friend update to 111 in doing so lock the phone back to ATT sim problem but after this guide i got it down to 1.02 then after sometime got it back to sim free working 100% sweet!!
    2007-10-16 08:04 PM
    This is what happened after i tried to install unlock.app in winstaller

Looking for restore files
    Ramdisk: 009-7698-4.dmg
    Kernelcache: kernelcache.release.s5l8900xrb
    Unable to subscribe to notifications
    USBMuxListenerCreate: No error
    Error initializing communications with iPhone.

does anyone know the problem in this?
    2007-10-16 08:12 PM
    I followed the instructions and successfully flashed the baseband back to factory setting 3.14
    However, I do not want to unlock again. I have AT&T and I would like to just use AT&T and upgrade t0 1.1.1
    But I'm now getting the Incorrect SIM error and I really don't want to have to run unlock.app
    How do I fix this without unlocking?
    I would like to know this too, I have AT&T and unlocked to play around with it. Anyway to truly get it all back to it's virgin state.. to the point where you can pop in the original AT&T sim card and it will recognize it without having to unlock?
    2007-10-16 08:23 PM

same thing happen to me but i got it to work here is what i did

restart the iPhone then make sure Itune is connected to the phone after it restart then just run the winstalller again and all the files will go where it needs to .... well that's what i did and it work 2nd time around
    2007-10-16 09:00 PM
    Hi,

I wanted to let you all know that this is working 100 %!!
    After a very long 2 days!! of reading every post on the net and try all the methods in the world, I started to do every step that is on this page. I even went before this and got a new sim card from AT&T. I had the phone since it came out and I decided to use AnySim to unlock my phone, I don't know why , but it didnt work and I had to restore.
    I then had no problem with my phone and I had the version 1.0.2 on it and use iBrickr and all that good stuff. I decided then, I don't know why again , to try to upgrade to 1.1.1, because I was thinknig that my phone wasn't unlocked since the stupid AnySim didn't finish the job. Well, guess what, my phone was a brick after the restore and update by iTunes!!!

To make a story short to everyone that has any questions, use this page and I am sure u will get your phone back on track!

Thank you all that helped and to everyone involved in making this a easier way to return the phone in a working mod.

I used:
    Windows Vista
    iTunes ver. 7.4.3.1
    iBrickr 0.91 and all the pack that is recomended on this forum on this page
    iPhone 8GB vers. 1.0.2 - bricked and the upgraded to 1.1.1 and moved down to 1.0.2
    Downgrade the simband and modem!! with Erica's Unlock

MY PHONE WORKS NOW!!!! THANK YOU!
    RaMod
    2007-10-16 09:02 PM
    I would like to know this too, I have AT&T and unlocked to play around with it. Anyway to truly get it all back to it's virgin state.. to the point where you can pop in the original AT&T sim card and it will recognize it without having to unlock?
    I found this http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8968
    but I'm not sure it actually makes the phone work with AT&T. I tried and got the incorrect sim error so ended up having to re-unlock... however I then read below where it talks about reuploading the patched lockdownd... i didn't do that and I think that may have worked.
    2007-10-16 09:17 PM
    - In Mobile Terminal, I encontered problems when the prompt would only accept 3 characters max ??????
    thanks ti Ibrickr, I innistalled and re-installed Mobile Terminal and BSD several times in ramdom order untill it finnally worked...
    I had the same problem with the mobile terminal, didn't matter if it was from my PC or in the IPhone, but the reinstalling of the BDS and the mobile terminal fixed this... also i had to uninstall Erica's Utilities and reinstalled again after the unlock
    2007-10-16 09:39 PM
    *** I've further edited the main guide into 3 Phases, which will make it more easy for newbies to follow ***
    2007-10-16 10:00 PM
    thanks alot man, even though the steps are a little tideous, it worked like a charm.

verfied with iTunes 7.4.3
    1.1.1 downgraded to 1.0.2
    and all the files provided.

good tutorial!
    2007-10-16 10:05 PM

Connect your iPhone with iTunes and then close iTunes and run wiNstaller. I've mentioned in my guide to keep iTunes connected at all times.

I keep getting
    Error: Failed to download .FLS: Could not verify downloaded image
    Please re-upload the .FLS and .EEP file one by one.

dear moderator,,i have completed all the 4 steps successfully but i m stuck where we install PACAY..cos when i m running it ..a dos window pops up(i know its normal) but when it tries to activate iphone it says system cannont find the file specified and same with enabling youtube....i did all the steps as u have guided,,,i m in terrible situation pls help,,,

and ya i forgot to mention i still see in version04.01.13_G
    I'm not a moderator :-) You need to extract ALL files from the PACAY archive onto a folder, and then run the .bat file.

do you need net 2.0 framework? i dont know if i have it or not
    Yes, you do need .NET Framework v2.0 installed for wiNstaller to execute.

can you upgrade the iphone to 1.1.1. again after this procedure without brick or deactivate again.
    Yes, you can upgrade the phone to v1.1.1 without getting it bricked. But cannot Activate or Unlock it with a non-AT&T SIM.
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-10-16 at 10:14 PM. Reason: minor edits
    2007-10-16 10:09 PM
    My iphone is already activated with ATT sim, and I have ATT service, will this mess up the activation for my sim again making me reactivate it for any reason?
    2007-10-16 10:25 PM
    Hi all, this is my first post down here, cuz everything was so clear before that I never felt the need to ask somethin' !
    Time changes !

So, I've an 1.0.2 iPhone fully activate and unlock (with anySIM 1.0.1), and the azerty keyboard is really missing me...
    It's been a couple of days i'm waiting for the new anySIM which finally came out today !
    Then I was asking me if this method will allow me to have a 1.0.2 iPhone that I can upgrade to 1.1.1 to activate it and unlock it with anySIM 1.1 ???

Cheers & keep the good work guyz!

PS: sorry for my poor english!
    2007-10-16 10:26 PM
    My iphone is already activated with ATT sim, and I have ATT service, will this mess up the activation for my sim again making me reactivate it for any reason?
    Yes

Hi all, this is my first post down here, cuz everything was so clear before that I never felt the need to ask somethin' !
    Time changes !

So, I've an 1.0.2 iPhone fully activate and unlock (with anySIM 1.0.1), and the azerty keyboard is really missing me...
    It's been a couple of days i'm waiting for the new anySIM which finally came out today !
    Then I was asking me if this method will allow me to have a 1.0.2 iPhone that I can upgrade to 1.1.1 to activate it and unlock it with anySIM 1.1 ???

Cheers & keep the good work guyz!

PS: sorry for my poor english!
    Yes
    2007-10-16 10:29 PM
    Exactly how long does AppTapp take? I've tried it more than 5 times now and even after 20 mins, it still doesn't complete.

Ryan
    Last edited by rwmotorsports; 2007-10-16 at 11:17 PM.
    2007-10-16 11:06 PM
    I have never updated to v.1.1.1. I still have v.1.0.2 with baseband 03.14.08. Do I have to update to downgrade again? Or is there a shorter way to do?
    2007-10-16 11:09 PM
    Can someone please help. i did everything right. in terminal it wrote that the firmware is downgraded to 03 and i can see it in my iPhone too, i done everything right (although for the first time in PC btw i used to do it on Mac) installed Unlock and everything was ok until i rebooted iPhone, put my card in and it tells me Incorrect SIM as the guy that had problems in page 2, please help
    i know what Jailbreak is
    2007-10-16 11:20 PM
    Exactly how long does AppTapp take? I've tried it more than 5 times now and even after 20 mins, it still doesn't complete.

Ryan
    You need to terminate the iTunes.exe, iPodService.exe & iTuneshelper.exe process via Task Manager and then run AppTapp.

I have never updated to v.1.1.1. I still have v.1.0.2 with baseband 03.14.08. Do I have to update to downgrade again? Or is there a shorter way to do?
    You can do Phase 2 & 3

Can someone please help. i did everything right. in terminal it wrote that the firmware is downgraded to 03 and i can see it in my iPhone too, i done everything right (although for the first time in PC btw i used to do it on Mac) installed Unlock and everything was ok until i rebooted iPhone, put my card in and it tells me Incorrect SIM as the guy that had problems in page 2, please help
    Copy lockdownd to /usr/libexec. You can download it from the Downloads section.
    2007-10-17 12:01 AM
522 1234513 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD