I upgraded to the 1.2 firmware from the piratebay and tried downgrading. i cant erase teh baseband to the new firmware with the package from iClarified. I downgrade to 1.1.4 in itunes then jailbreak (i have tried both iLiberty+ and ZiPhone). Once jailbroken using iLiberty i install the BSD subsystem and then the 1.2 baseband eraser. With jailbreaking with ZiPhone BSD subsystem is also installed through the jailbreak so i just download the 1.2 baseband eraser. It says it should take around 5 minutes, but it takes about 30 seconds to a minute for me. Once done, the phone gets no service and says it has no modem firmware in the about part (sounds good), but then once i restore in itunes to 1.1.4 i end up with the same 04.05.01_G baseband. How come the baseband eraser doesnt work?
    2008-04-07 08:10 AM
    Try starting over with a fresh 1.1.4. The, jailbreak without installing BSD. Only install the baseband eraser, not BSD. Then try doing one more restore to 1.1.4.
    2008-04-07 08:13 AM
    i have tried that. it says i need the BSD to install the baseband eraser
    2008-04-07 08:15 AM
    Just curious, when winpwn comes out and I can upgrade to 1.2 to use the exchange support. If I get annoyed since I understand its a beta and want to go back to 1.1.4. Does the 1.2 upgrade the baseband so if I wanted to downgrade to 1.1.4 or just restore with 1.1.4 in iTunes, can it?

response is appreciated, will thank person for response.
    2008-04-07 09:08 AM
    Yes, most people can downgrade back to 1.1.4 from 1.2.
    All you have to do is downgrade in itunes (select the 1.1.4 firmware).
    Once complete you will get error 1015. After that open iBrickr and boot out of recovery.
    Jailbreak.
    Put the source "http://installer.iClarified.com" in the installer.
    Install the 1.2 baseband eraser (in iClarified folder).
    After this restore in iTunes back to 1.1.4 and it should be good.

This has worked for most people, but not for me so i STRONGLY recommend to be patient and just wait for the official release because if you run into the problem i have, then you will have 1.2 baseband and 1.1.4 firmware (your phone will still work IF on att, i dont know about unlocked ones but the service becomes really crappy and alot more dropped calls and no service when u should have service)
    2008-04-07 09:31 AM
    @ steve99, are you starting the phone in DFU mode, or restore mode when restoring to 1.1.4? In restore mode, you get the "connect to itunes" logo. In DFU mode, you get the black screen.
    2008-04-07 10:04 AM
    Once complete you will get error 1015. After that open iBrickr and boot out of recovery.
    Jailbreak.

This has worked for most people, but not for me so i STRONGLY recommend to be patient and just wait for the official release because if you run into the problem i have, then you will have 1.2 baseband and 1.1.4 firmware (your phone will still work IF on att, i dont know about unlocked ones but the service becomes really crappy and alot more dropped calls and no service when u should have service)
    Yea, I am on AT&T but maybe I will wait. The exchange is extremely important to me but not worth losing signal and having issues with the phone. Thanks for the prompt response, I knew someone on the site was helpful
    2008-04-07 10:35 AM
    i have tried both, neither seem to work for me
    2008-04-07 10:51 AM
    Jailbreak.

This has worked for most people, but not for me so i STRONGLY recommend to be patient and just wait for the official release because if you run into the problem i have, then you will have 1.2 baseband and 1.1.4 firmware (your phone will still work IF on att, i don't know about unlocked ones but the service becomes really crappy and alot more dropped calls and no service when u should have service)
    I did what you wrote, but during installation of 1.2 baseband eraser my phone "stuck" on "Erasing baseband...This takes about 2-4 min..."

Oh one more thing in BBinfo i have 04.02.13_g base band, but iPlus during unlocking shows 04.05.05..sth, so I don't know exactly what BB I have.

Coud help me??
    2008-04-08 04:56 PM
    if you have never been on 1.1.4 firmware then you have the 04.02.13_G baseband. Also you shouldnt try the 1.2 baseband eraser BECAUSE that is for baseband 04.05.01_G baseband which matches the 1.2 beta firmware. the 04.02.13_G baseband is for firmware 1.1.2
    2008-04-09 07:57 AM
    after attempting to use ziphone jail break my iphone died and my screen has the following text scrolling across it.

ipodStack can't start! Need configuration.
    BSd root: md0, major 2, minor 0

I am hoping that "And ANY phone can be restored to a BRAND NEW state, by using this procedure:

ziphone -e

then

ziphone -D"

will allow me to fix my phone. can someone please assist me in doing this.

thank you
    2008-04-09 07:59 AM
    I HAD THAT SAME PROBLEM, but using iLiberty+. I would recommend doing a fresh restore to your iphone to w/e firmware you are currently on. Manually put your fone in restore. To do this while that error is happening is to turn it on (you will get that error), while that is on the screen hold the home button and power button. Once the iphone turns off you must KEEP holding them until you get it on again with a picture telling you to restore with itunes. Restore to your firmware then jailbreak with iLiberty+. iLiberty works different then ziphone so it should work. If that does not work restore back to your firmware the same way as before and try an older version of iLiberty. If that still does not work leave another post and i will try to help you solve this problem
    2008-04-09 08:06 AM
    it still does not seem to work. how to i manually restore the phone?
    2008-04-09 01:37 PM
    hold the power button and home button when the error occurs. Wait till u get a connect to iTunes picture. Then release the buttons. click restore and your done
    2008-04-10 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD