User Tag List

out of curiosity, what was your setup before you jailbreaked? 1.0.2? mods? unlocked? did you restore first? did you get the "only 300 MB left" thing?

i think SSH stays on until you tell it to be off. at least, i think that's what i've read.

'services' is also good because you can also toggle wifi and edge.
    Well, I had a 1.0.2 phone which I had modded via AppTapp. I am on the ATT plan so no unlock for me. I returned that phone to AppleStore because it had a dead one-inch area of screen that didn't respond to touch. I actually upgraded that phone to 1.1.1 prior to returning to AppleStore so all my mods were wiped out. Then Apple gave me a 1.1.1 replacement phone (actually it was a 1.0.2 which they upgraded in the store prior to giving to me). I restored that phone with my backup file, so I didn't lose any notes, contacts etc. just the mods. So I was unmodded for quite some time until this one-click iJailbreak came out. Interestingly, a lot of my preferences for 3rd party apps were still in my backup file that I used to restore my new phone with. When I jailbroke it, some of those preferences were still there (like my Navizon username / password combo).

Anyways, my phone is where I want it now... just need to see if the modding kills my battery consistently as it seems to have yesterday. I've turned off SSH (with services) to see if that has an effect today. I'll know later today and will report back.

macguyincali

hi guys.

my iPhone is arriving tomorrow and i am excited (but more nervous).

things like SSH sound nerve racking. Installer doesn't sound so bad, but i still don't know what it is.

i like this idea of doing basically one step, but...what else do i need to do?

this will be a brand new phone out of the box. the end result that i want is for me to insert my t-mobile sim card and be on my way. is this what this Jail Break will do? will i need another thing called Independance? anySIM? AppTapp? iASign? my head is spinning.

pleading and begging for help.

thanks,
    tFT
    As far as I can tell, you don't need to do much. The program installs installer.app which offers tons of 3rd party apps. The one catch is that the current SummerBoard offered by installer.app does not work with 1.1.1. You need to MANUALLY install the alpha from their website (http://www.apptapp.com/summerboard/). This is slightly annoying because you need to install SSH from Installer.app to do this and then FTP into your phone to drop different folders from the Summerboard ALPHA into the right places on your phone. There are guides that show you how to SSH into the iPhone to do this. Most other things seem to work fine including Customize (not sure if this is only after installing the Summerboard Alpha), voice record and almost all the other apps I've installed.
    Last edited by macguyincali; 2007-10-19 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-19 01:02 PM
    Well, I had a 1.0.2 phone which I had modded via AppTapp. I am on the ATT plan so no unlock for me. I returned that phone to AppleStore because it had a dead one-inch area of screen that didn't respond to touch. I actually upgraded that phone to 1.1.1 prior to returning to AppleStore so all my mods were wiped out. Then Apple gave me a 1.1.1 replacement phone (actually it was a 1.0.2 which they upgraded in the store prior to giving to me). I restored that phone with my backup file, so I didn't lose any notes, contacts etc. just the mods. So I was unmodded for quite some time until this one-click iJailbreak came out. Interestingly, a lot of my preferences for 3rd party apps were still in my backup file that I used to restore my new phone with. When I jailbroke it, some of those preferences were still there (like my Navizon username / password combo).

Anyways, my phone is where I want it now... just need to see if the modding kills my battery consistently as it seems to have yesterday. I've turned off SSH (with services) to see if that has an effect today. I'll know later today and will report back.

macguyincali
    awesome. i hope the battery issue clears up.

that's pretty much my status, except for returning to the apple store, etc. i did the jailbreak last night without any problems. things have occasionally been a little wonky with 1.1.1, but i had some issues from time to time with 1.0.2, so i don't think it's anything major. so far, so good, i guess.

although my favorite theme, prado, won't install for some reason because it says i don't have summerboard installed...which i do. odd.

and yeah, i have some residual 3rd-party stuff from 1.0.2, including the power on screen background, which is from a sketch photo from my photo album which is no longer in my camera roll. also strange.
    Last edited by claptrap; 2007-10-19 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-19 05:23 PM
    I get an error when I try to use this, and then the iphone comes up in my finder, and when I then my ipod stopped working... anyone else have this problem?

oh, and were can I get the installer app file for my iphone to manually install?
    2007-10-19 09:30 PM
    hey, when i try to install this after i restart my ipone it gives me an apple script error saying that ./iphuc directory can not be found. i have followed all the directions to the letter and i have all the necessary files so if someone could help me out it would be most appreciated. thanks

P.S. great work on all the apps and other software out for the iphone, many thanks...
    2007-10-19 10:27 PM
    I think if you make sure to not have iTunes set to automatically sync ringtones, then they shouldn't be deleted when syncing. Or am I wrong?
    2007-10-20 04:32 AM
    I've got my iPhone 1.1.1 Firmware out of the box. I've downloaded iJailbreak and followed the steps but how do I get Safari to load the page if I cannot get to activate the wifi function ? How do I get to activate those functions first ? what step am I missing ?

Thanks
    2007-10-21 01:41 AM
    Well, I've tried this about 7 times. Every time its done, the phone isn't activated or jailbroken. It seems to return to jail after its done running. I can ssh into the phone and installer.app is there, but obviously it's not useful if its not activated.

Any hints what I might be doing wrong?
    Last edited by phantasm10; 2007-10-22 at 09:00 AM.
    2007-10-21 10:54 PM
    hey, when i try to install this after i restart my ipone it gives me an apple script error saying that ./iphuc directory can not be found. i have followed all the directions to the letter and i have all the necessary files so if someone could help me out it would be most appreciated. thanks

P.S. great work on all the apps and other software out for the iphone, many thanks...
    Are you working on a PPC? That is the same error I got on my PPC with iPHUC/jailbreak when they were released.
    2007-10-22 07:42 PM
    Well I have tried this twice now and neither time has it worked. It never moves from the spinning wheel jailbreaking window. I realize it take awhile but after 30 minutes of spinning wheel on both attempts, i gave up on it.
    2007-10-22 08:36 PM
    OK here's the deal... I have T-Mobile service and Im interested in upgrading to 1.1.1.. Well this work and what all do I need to get it work outside of this app. What would I need to do and will it work even though Ive unlocked the device, and have 3rd parties apps
    2007-10-22 11:46 PM
    Works great! Tried the 30 step way about 5 times with no luck. this got it the first time.
    2007-10-23 10:11 PM
    Universal Binary version please!
    2007-10-24 04:18 AM
    I keep getting this messages ( AppleScript Error
    mkdir: /opt: File exists (1) )and I tried about 7 to 8 times and each about 30 to 50 minutes and can never get through. Please help!
    2007-10-28 07:13 AM
    Does this method also unlock the phone. I can't see any reference to it?
    Thanks
    Keith
    2007-11-07 04:34 AM
    Hi
    I have just installed leopard and I think I did a dodgy move as my phone was working before and now I just have the cable image on the screen. I tried your new jailbreak but have the following Apple script error: mv: rename /Applications/iJailBreak/resources/iphuc/iphonefs/rdisk0s1 to /Applications/iJailBreak/resources/iphuc/iphonefs/rdisk0s1.dmg: No such file or directory (1)

Can anyone help please - perhaps I don't have a huge prob because I can connect to safari through *#307# and prefs: and last night I saw a split second view of the phone screen with all the widgets while I was doing the above manipulation. Please can anyone shed some light here please - keep it simple as i am fairly new to this - so perhaps I shouldn't be messing about with the iphone.
    I would like to save it from the trash so please help.

Help - I have the following message when attempting -
    mv: rename /Applications/iJailBreak/resources/iphuc/iphonefs/rdisk0s1 to /Applications/iJailBreak/resources/iphuc/iphonefs/rdisk0s1.dmg: No such file or directory (1)
    The phone appears to be blocked - please help.
    Last edited by chief3960; 2007-11-14 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-14 02:14 PM
    Can someone please help me?
    Can I do a restore to 1.1.4 from itunes if I am running 1.1.1 Jailbroken and then use ziphone. Will everything work out or do I have to start somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    2008-03-08 07:03 PM
    my cousin wants me to help upgrade from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4. I unl/jb/upgrd mine's from day one. Back then I paid for tools, methods...etc. But I upgraded fm's as they were released1.0.2, 1.1.1,1.1.2,1.13, 1.1.4.

Can I just go from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4 w/ pwnage?

Thanks for helping me. I'm new to the forum and not sure if I'm posting in the right section
    2008-04-23 06:47 PM
    Do you think maybe we could un-sticky this as firmware 1.1.1 is as irrelevant as a Microsoft Zune?
    2008-08-12 08:36 PM
    I'm totally new to iPhone and all this. I have an iphone 3g with 2.0. Is there anything availbe like this for my phone b/c I've been trying to follow the manual and cannot get my phone into DFU mode. I do everyting the guide says, even the terminal thing, I just can't get it to work. i would love something like this but this says a 1.1.1 idk what that is i'm guessing it's what my 2.0 is so it wouldn't work. please help.
    2008-08-18 06:32 PM
    Will this work for iphone 3G
    2008-08-19 06:31 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD