User Tag List

I need help. I was downgrading from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 and was using Terminal as instructed in step 13, when the power went off. Now my phone has no WiFi and I cant get it verginized or nothing. I tried restoring via iTunes but get errors. Nothing works. Should I look for a way to restore basband via Terminal? How????????
    Im dead
    2007-10-19 02:15 AM
    Let's first get you in the right forum.

Now, describe the current "state" of the iPhone, like what's on the screen when you turn in on, etc. Be descriptive as possible.
    2007-10-19 02:19 AM
    Let's first get you in the right forum.

Now, describe the current "state" of the iPhone, like what's on the screen when you turn in on, etc. Be descriptive as possible.
    My iphone is almost functional, except that there is no WiFi and I can restore it. There was also a message on screen saying the iphone needed repair.

My iphone is almost functional, except that there is no WiFi and I can restore it. There was also a message on screen saying the iphone needed repair.
    On screen I see all the app icons. I can use all except what conects via WiFi. Thanx man for your help.
    Last edited by lucafer69; 2007-10-19 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-19 02:39 AM
    So you "can" restore it back to full 1.1.1? If so that's your best approach.

Can you put it into recovery mode? If you have the yellow triangle, then restore 1.0.2 downgrade or if you have either the black screen or new itunes connect icon, restore 1.1.1
    2007-10-19 02:44 AM

On screen I see all the app icons. I can use all except what conects via WiFi. Thanx man for your help.
    So you "can" restore it back to full 1.1.1? If so that's your best approach.

Can you put it into recovery mode? If you have the yellow triangle, then restore 1.0.2 downgrade or if you have either the black screen or new itunes connect icon, restore 1.1.1
    I can go through recovery. Did it and ran upgrade 1.1.1. Waited the 2 hour long download and when it was starting the process an error popped up and that was it. I cant restore.
    2007-10-19 02:47 AM
    Okay in order for anyone to help you really have to be as descriptive as possible. What did the error say?

Have you tried to downgrade?
    What 1.1.1 jailbreak method did you use?
    Do you have a Windows Pc or Mac?
    Have you tried the opposite jailbreak method (i.e. if you used the TIFF method, try the other one).
    Oh and why did anything take 2 hours? Is your HOME Wifi out?
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-19 at 03:53 AM.
    2007-10-19 03:22 AM
    Okay in order for anyone to help you really have to be as descriptive as possible. What did the error say?

Have you tried to downgrade?
    What 1.1.1 jailbreak method did you use?
    Do you have a Windows Pc or Mac?
    Have you tried the opposite jailbreak method (i.e. if you used the TIFF method, try the other one).
    Oh and why did anything take 2 hours? If you HOME Wifi out?
    Ok. Ill try my best.
    I was able to unlock and use my iphone completely. Then I upgraded to 1.1.1 (yep, Im one of those triger happy . . . .) and my iphone stoped functuning as a phone.
    Today, I was trying to Downgrade Baseband 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 OSX. When I was in step 13 the lights went out (power). I had already typed "launchctl remove com.apple.CommCenter".
    Now the iphone is unlocked but has no conection to wifi (nor can it be used as a phone).
    I tryied restoring with iPhone1,1_1.0.2_1C28_Restore.zip file and get "ERROR (1)".
    I tried restoring to 1.1.1 and the same thing happened. I ran AppTappInstaller and it went through fine.
    When I turn on the iphone a message apears saying "REPAIR NEEDED iPhone cannot make or recieve calls. www.apple.com/support". The REPAIR NEEDED is a first.
    I tryied agin to restor via iTunes and agian I get ERROR (1).

I am using a Mac.

My thought is that via Terminal (but without using a conection via IP address) to install agian whatever I was removing while using terminal in step 13 of the Guides section of this site.

The method I used for jailbreak is the one in this site.

I dont know what opposite jailbreak method (i.e. if you used the TIFF method, try the other one) so I guess I havnt done this.

Can I help you help me with anything ealse?

Thanx a ton,
    2007-10-19 03:51 AM
    I know it sux but you can easily explain it to Apple that you were doing a restore and the power went out. They shouldn't give you any hassle in getting your phone either replaced to repaired, er... that is unless you don't have an AT&T sim card for it.

The guide I used when I updated my phone is THIS ONE and there is no step #13.

Here's a link to the other (TIFF flaw) method I mentioned, at this point it can't hurt to try it.
    2007-10-19 06:51 AM
    I'll give it a try and let you know. Thanx for the advise and the help.
    2007-10-20 12:47 AM
    Hi i have the same problem...with a guide step 13

i have a os x... and in this momento really total death my iphone...

but now ... i install apptap installer version 1.0 and i can alive the fone,... but only call emergency.
    ahhhhh

and my imac have word of icon when i rebbot ...

please i need help
    2007-10-20 03:42 PM
    this is for the 2 dudes that are having problems on step 13. I had to find the ieraser file some where else onthe Internet and d/l that one. I can't remember the address right now but if you search for my other post its there. Look at my post about better catagorizing. I'm type ing on my iPhone so sorry for any typos.

Ok the address is http://www.fink.org/ieraser . For some reason the ieraser file in the cash archive is only 16kbs but the file I found was 20kbs. I was stuck on waiting for header data for 8 times I tried this. I thought since others were able to do it that one or more of the files must be damaged I got real lucky too I guess.
    Last edited by catmando; 2007-10-21 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-21 04:38 AM
    Catmando. Ill give it a try and let you know.
    Thanx
    2007-10-23 04:08 AM
    i actually had the error (1) problem, but i was able to upgrade to 1.1.1 w/ independence 1.2.5 - i'm on a mac, iphone > unlocked 102..

i ran the restore once using 1.1.1 and hit the error (1).. then i shut down itunes, put in my orig. at&t sim (i believe i had my other sim card in it while updating the first time)... then i proceeded to do the steps to updating to 1.1.1 (indepdence -> pre update blah blah -> itunes etc. etc.) << read up on the actual procedure..

but thats pretty much how i recovered from the error (1).

i also advise having the at&t sim in the phone while using anysim... - technically, i dotn think you need it but, i was able to unlock my iphone 1.1.1 and my friends' while having the att sim while anysimming'

good luck.
    2007-10-25 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD