Hello, I am having a problem with my iphone, with the screen, and I need to return it to apple before 1 year warranty runs out. The problem is that I've had the phone since the first week it was released, somewhere along the way I have updated the bootloader to 4.5 and I believe the proper version for my iphone should be iPhone 1.0.0 >>> 03.12.06_G, and also since I updated the bootloader every time I factory restore the phone it gives me an error and stalls in DFU mode, thats doesnt bother me, since I can always use any of the tools to bypass DFU mode, and the phone is fully functional. My problems is how can I get back to the bootloader that came with my phone. if any one have any idea please advise
    2008-04-15 06:08 PM
    First of all I think you are referring to the 4.6 Bootloader, There is no such thing as 4.5 BL. If so, read on.

I'll explain you a backdoor which I found out a while ago. Let's assume for a moment that you have a BL 4.6 device and you want to jailbreak/activate it after a fresh restore. If you use iJailBreak which automates the whole process, the following things happen:

1) The device enters recovery mode
    2) It starts the Jailbreak process which lasts like 30 seconds
    3) iJailBreak then starts the unlocking process, for this it first sends the secpack then the necessary patced files. For iJailBreak to unlock the device, it first erases the baseband and then writes the new patched one. (The magic is here) If you have a 4.6 bootloader, the erase failes, tries again, failes and tries the third and list time and failes. So for iJailBreak to erase the baseband, it downgrades your 4.6 bootloader to 3.9. And then continues the process and finishes it. So now you got a BL3.9, unlocked and jailbroken device in you hands. You give it a restore with iTunes and voila! You have a brand new-like clean iPhone with BL3.9.

This is the back door you need to use to downgrade your baseband. Of course there are other ways you can do that but in my opinion, this is the easiest way to do it because first of all the process is completely automatic so there is no possibility of you messing up you iPhone, just don't remove the cable during the process.

Good luck and if you indeed try my method to do it, tell me how it went.
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3
    2008-04-15 06:38 PM
    hey thanks for the reply, I miss typed 4.5 insted 4.6, you right I can get 3.9, even from pwntool, and I've done that too, the problem is every time I do that when I restore the iphone with itunes, it gives me an error 1006 or 1013 (not sure of the number), and keeps the phone DFU mode. The onl thing is that i am not sure if there is previous baseband software that the firmaware is looking for
    2008-04-15 08:00 PM
    If it's 1015, it is supposed to give that error, if it's 1013 then you probbably were trying to downgrade the firmware but the bootloader is messed up and now it can't properly use certain lower firmwares (just like me).
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3
    2008-04-15 08:53 PM
    So basically there is no way back right ???
    2008-04-15 11:09 PM
    use Bootneuter, it will let you get back to 3.9 BL.
    2008-04-16 01:27 AM
    If you want to downgrade the bootloader from 4.6, just use ZiPhone to downgrade the bootloader without unlocking/jailbreaking (it's in the advanced features)

If you want to downgrade the baseband erase your current one and install any other firmware to get the baseband that is corresponding with the firmware.

Although, the only thing Apple checks for is if you've unlocked it or not... just refurbish it and send it back to Apple.

EDIT: My mistake I didn't read your earlier post. There is a possible way to get back to 1.0.0, but it's unnecessary. Erase your baseband and downgrade the bootloader to 3.9_M3S2 and install 1.0.0 via iTunes. You can then install 1.1.3/1.1.4 to make it seem like you didn't mess around with it.
    2008-04-16 02:06 AM
    well i did all that with ziphone, it would not let me install 1.1.1 nor 1.1.2 "uknown error 1" when I restore with 1.1.4 get error 1015 and the phone goes to DFU mode, any ideas
    2008-04-16 06:04 AM
    If you want to downgrade the bootloader from 4.6, just use ZiPhone to downgrade the bootloader without unlocking/jailbreaking (it's in the advanced features)

If you want to downgrade the baseband erase your current one and install any other firmware to get the baseband that is corresponding with the firmware.

Although, the only thing Apple checks for is if you've unlocked it or not... just refurbish it and send it back to Apple.

EDIT: My mistake I didn't read your earlier post. There is a possible way to get back to 1.0.0, but it's unnecessary. Erase your baseband and downgrade the bootloader to 3.9_M3S2 and install 1.0.0 via iTunes. You can then install 1.1.3/1.1.4 to make it seem like you didn't mess around with it.
    yeah, I did that once and now I damn ZiPhone every single day, it messed up my iPhone pretty bad so DON'T USE ZIPHONE!!!

BTW: error 1015 is expected. If you don't have this error then that means that you have a problem.

well i did all that with ziphone, it would not let me install 1.1.1 nor 1.1.2 "uknown error 1" when I restore with 1.1.4 get error 1015 and the phone goes to DFU mode, any ideas
    The exact same thing happens to me, I did a foolish thing which is even considering ziphone as usable and messed up mine too, now I can't use 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 as well, only 1.1.3
    Last edited by aemreunal; 2008-04-16 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2008-04-16 07:27 PM
    so if i get the error message saying 1015 what should i do?

as of right now all my iphone does is turn on and go to DFU mode and i can turn it off and on...

now if i use pwnage tool and i build a custom ipsw and i try to restore with that custom ipsw it shows up as error message 1604.
    2008-04-17 03:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD