User Tag List

Hi Guys,

Great post on how to virginize..however my Iphone's bottom portion of the
    touch screen is not working and I cannot get into the phone as I cannot unlock..
    I can upload files using Ibrick..or winstaller..any ideas on how I can
    virginize it so that I can get it replaced..thanks

busto
    2007-10-23 05:33 PM
    my phone had the same thing happen to it, i could not slide to unlock, pick up calls, or type messages. THe problem is the digitizer on the lcd. You have to return to APPLE so they can issue a new one.

mine was unlocked and they did not notice it, all I did was restore. The gave me one in the apple store...
    Last edited by zoelis22; 2007-10-23 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-23 06:50 PM
    But as I dont have a ATT account and am using Tmobile they might refuse to give me a return. My phone at this point clearly shows that it has been mucked with..the custom awrows and and all the apps that are in it...and also the imei number mismatch...

If I restore it to 1.0.2 and have it exchanged, what are the chances they will find it out later and ask me to pay for the new phone, as they would have it in their records.

thnsk

arman
    2007-10-23 06:53 PM
    But as I dont have a ATT account and am using Tmobile they might refuse to give me a return. My phone at this point clearly shows that it has been mucked with..the custom awrows and and all the apps that are in it...and also the imei number mismatch...

If I restore it to 1.0.2 and have it exchanged, what are the chances they will find it out later and ask me to pay for the new phone, as they would have it in their records.

thnsk

arman
    Restore it 3 times to 1.0.2, then bring it back, if they deny it cause your on AT&T, id start up a contract quick, just pay the $30 activation fee, then cut it the next day with no fee cause theres a 30 days to try the network, just say you got no service where you needed it if asked.
    2007-10-23 08:14 PM
    SOLUTION:

Download the modded General.plist file
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/60583410/General.plist.html
    This is the General.plist file that adds a touchscreen setting to your General Settings. It can alter the touchscreen sensors, with 0 being a high sensor and 16 being the lowest sensor (can't move anything). Default setting is 3.5.

Upload the file to Applications/Preferences.app and you're set! No more dead spots .
    2007-10-23 08:17 PM
    thanks DoerrFan..ill restore it a few time..hhehe

REVAN..thanks for the info..but I cant even unlock the phone due to the bottom dean zone..as in cant even get into the General Settings..As I have a password set and it requires me to enter numbers from the bottom..

busto
    2007-10-23 08:26 PM
    Use iBrickr copy the file to its location and Reboot your phone
    Last edited by ReVan; 2007-10-23 at 08:40 PM.
    2007-10-23 08:34 PM
    I seem to have the same problem since somewhere last night. The bottom line doesn't work anymore, luckily the unlock slider is just above the dead zone.

I used your method and I now have that extra menu in my general settings, but somehow I don't see how this should solve the dead zone problem?
    Can you explain some more on how it works?

thanks in advance,

Tom
    2008-06-21 06:03 PM
    Ok my problem is that the screen is dead, right where the slider is in general, so I cant adjust it. any ideas?
    2008-08-14 04:01 PM
    SOLUTION:

Download the modded General.plist file
    Code:

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

This is the General.plist file that adds a touchscreen setting to your General Settings. It can alter the touchscreen sensors, with 0 being a high sensor and 16 being the lowest sensor (can't move anything). Default setting is 3.5.

Upload the file to Applications/Preferences.app and you're set! No more dead spots .

Does this method work? I have the same problem the bottom line screen does not work. (cant open phone,safari and mail because these are located in the bottom line)But i can slide to unlock the phone successfully..
    2009-08-23 03:21 PM
    It did work for me with that phone, however it never became as touch-sensitive as the rest of the screen. The solution that was offered in this thread was for a pre-2.0 iphone OS so I don't think it will still work for 3.0 with this old file.

You have to repeat this fix every time you restore/update your iphone.

On my phone it was only the bottom line where spacebar etc. are located, the phone/mail/safari/ipod buttons still worked for me. As soon as I got my phone fixed I sold it and got me a new one.

good luck!
    2009-08-23 04:01 PM
    might aswell just get it replaced
    2009-08-23 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD