Should I upgrade? I dont mind reinstalling the apps, are most of them compatible with 1.11?
    2007-10-24 05:22 AM
    While that i all well and beautiful, I am quite content with my iPhone on 1.0.2. Then again, not everyone will be under the same set of circumstances...
    I have a 60Gb iPod and that has TV output. I don't think I'll want to be walking around with a cable and stuff and hooking up my iPhoen to a TV. maybe sometime in the future when I REALLY NEED to do something like that. The new version of the Installer.app works perfectly fine on 1.0.2 and there is an abundance of applications as well. I am able to keep my 'kofster' in place of the carrier's logo and ith the lockdownd installed via ssh during activation, I can use any SIm I want when I travel or even if I feel like switching at home.
    Now I haven't heard anyone talking about if they are still able to use those two latter methods of customization.
    I will not update until Apple releases a software update that really is worth updating to. Now I am watching for the leopard release on Friday. And while I have every intention of purchasing Leopard, hopefully there will be more updates released to help out, like for example, notes syncing with mail and a to do app to coincide.
    I will wait and based on that, i would advise anyone to do the same. Even if you feel like you desperately need to update, wit a while and see how the virginiser works with some folk and then go ahead. I'll download the 1.1.1 update and save the .ipsw just incase I may need it in the future.
    2007-10-24 06:19 AM
    sorry for asking question in ur thread johnny... but i dont wanna get flamed for making a new thread.. cuz my question is gon be similar to urs

"should i upgrade to 1.1.1?"
    wats d new thing that 1.1.1 has and 1.0.2 doesnt?
    any convicing addon? if there is/are then ill update...since all these new guides are up

i do have a perfectly working 1.0.2 unlocked iPhone with t-mobile btw...
    2007-10-24 03:58 PM
    To be very short and sweet. Yes - do upgrade to v1.1.1, there has been allot of improvement in speed, volume and other handy changes which are too many to mention here.
    2007-10-24 04:05 PM
    sorry for asking question in ur thread johnny... but i dont wanna get flamed for making a new thread.. cuz my question is gon be similar to urs

"should i upgrade to 1.1.1?"
    wats d new thing that 1.1.1 has and 1.0.2 doesnt?
    any convicing addon? if there is/are then ill update...since all these new guides are up

i do have a perfectly working 1.0.2 unlocked iPhone with t-mobile btw...
    For one thing, 1.1.1 is 50MB larger than 1.0.2 so you're going to have less space to deal with (unless you redirect your apps folder; but that's another thread). It just has little enhancements like double-click on Home button brings you to favorites, double-click on Space bar automatically enters a space and period on your text messages, You can separately assign a sound for notifications (which you can do with customize), Itunes controls are now on a HUD, the Springboard now has a scroll function, much like Weather on 1.0.2, you can turn off EDGE (which you can do with services.app).

That's all I've noticed so far.

Pros: I'll be able to use any new programs that come out since it seems they're for 1.1.1 only.

Cons: My SSH is now broken, and no one seems to have a solution.
    2007-10-24 04:06 PM
    Two questions for the person above.

1) I have read, seen , and heard about the HUD for iPod butit nevers shows up for me....... how do I activate it? or force it to show?

2) What SSH problems are you having? I have none and have been using a 1.1.1 for a while now.

thanks
    2007-10-24 04:28 PM
    Two questions for the person above.

1) I have read, seen , and heard about the HUD for iPod butit nevers shows up for me....... how do I activate it? or force it to show?

2) What SSH problems are you having? I have none and have been using a 1.1.1 for a while now.

thanks
    1) The HUD activation tab is in Settings -> General -> Home Button

2) I can connect to the iPhone through SSH, but as soon as I enter any command and press enter, it closes the connection and I'm kicked out. When running Vt100 on the iPhone itself, soon as I enter a command and press enter it says [process complete] and kicks me out. I've tried installing both OpenSSH and sshify (independently) both give the same results.
    2007-10-24 06:54 PM
    1) The HUD activation tab is in Settings -> General -> Home Button

2) I can connect to the iPhone through SSH, but as soon as I enter any command and press enter, it closes the connection and I'm kicked out. When running Vt100 on the iPhone itself, soon as I enter a command and press enter it says [process complete] and kicks me out. I've tried installing both OpenSSH and sshify (independently) both give the same results.
    Ok I wnet to that location and it says on...... still nothing

as for the SSH thing I use FuGu and have had no problems sorry I could not help
    2007-10-25 12:27 AM
    Ok I wnet to that location and it says on...... still nothing
    The tab is at the bottom and says "Show iPod Controls"

Is there anybody who can explain this?

Tiger:~/phonedmg/ eurisko$ ssh -l root 192.168.0.104
    [email protected]'s password:
    -sh-3.2# ls
    Connection to 192.168.0.104 closed.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-10-25 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-25 04:11 AM
    To be very short and sweet. Yes - do upgrade to v1.1.1, there has been allot of improvement in speed, volume and other handy changes which are too many to mention here.
    sounds convincing enough... time to read and learn those new guides... once again.. 1.1.1 here i come...
    2007-10-25 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD