So i was downgrading the baseband in phase two in the guide. I got to step 13 and it never completed. It just exited out from terminal. I then tried to restart the whole process and i ended up just getting the recovery screen when i turn on my phone. When i put it in ibrickr, i get the recovery screen + a green background. ibrickr tell me to restore through itunes but it fails. I dont know what to do. Im running on windows. Any ideas?
    2007-10-24 07:05 PM
    So i was downgrading the baseband in phase two in the guide. I got to step 13 and it never completed. It just exited out from terminal. I then tried to restart the whole process and i ended up just getting the recovery screen when i turn on my phone. When i put it in ibrickr, i get the recovery screen + a green background. ibrickr tell me to restore through itunes but it fails. I dont know what to do. Im running on windows. Any ideas?
    Same thing happened to me on Step 13. What's in the other threads does work. Plug in the iPhone to iTunes, hold the Home & Power buttons for precisely 10 seconds then release the power button, but keep your finger on the Home button until iTunes pops up a window saying you need to restore. It should fully restore after that.
    2007-10-24 07:12 PM
    If all else fails....don't take it to apple but instead call apple support and tell them your having a problem with the reception and dropping calls.....then have them send you a replacement and send your back to get fixed....they will send you a refurb or a new one if your lucky.....i've done this 5 times sense it first came out. never had a problem never had questions asked.....good luck...it takes about 3 days to get the replacement....and you need a credit card with at least 1 dollar on it so they can run it to verify in case you don't send there phone back......HINT...IF ITS NOT IN RECOVERY MODE THEN FORCE INTO THAT MODE BEFORE YOU SEND IT OFF....JUST GET THE ITUNES LOGO UP AND BOX IT UP.....THAT WAY THEY DONT SEE YOU HAVE TRIED TO MESS WITH IT.....THEY WILL GET IT AND DO THERE FORCE RECOVER ON IT NEVER KNOWING YOU TRIED ANYTHING.....

Same thing happened to me on Step 13. What's in the other threads does work. Plug in the iPhone to iTunes, hold the Home & Power buttons for precisely 10 seconds then release the power button, but keep your finger on the Home button until iTunes pops up a window saying you need to restore. It should fully restore after that.

What this guy says is the best way to fix it.....but like i said if all else fails send it off...do not go to the apple store

I have bricked my phone so many times trying new and different things.....i can build a 2 story brick home out of iphones if i wanted to....LOL
    Last edited by stlcaddie; 2007-10-24 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-10-24 07:21 PM
    Thanks for all your help! Ummm.. whenever i turn my phone on, it goes to the recovery screen. Is that ok?
    2007-10-24 07:48 PM
    Thanks for all your help! Ummm.. whenever i turn my phone on, it goes to the recovery screen. Is that ok?
    That's fine, you're going to be reseting anyway.
    2007-10-24 08:02 PM
    I tried to unlock a 1.1.1. phone a few weeks ago using the previous guide..what should I do to it now even though I already jailbroke and installed apptap and ran the unlock app once..i believe its dangerous to run it twice?? any suggestions??
    2007-10-24 08:06 PM
    I tried to unlock a 1.1.1. phone a few weeks ago using the previous guide..what should I do to it now even though I already jailbroke and installed apptap and ran the unlock app once..i believe its dangerous to run it twice?? any suggestions??
    I skipped all the troublesome ways and went with the legit method (if you can call it that). I got an IPSF license and used Simfree 1.6, its all done for you, no restoring, no messy commands that may or may not cause errors... Just make sure your SIM is not in the iPhone when you run Simfree. Worked flawlessly for me.
    2007-10-24 08:09 PM
    besides going legit..there has to be another way around it
    2007-10-24 08:16 PM
    Sure, use the geohot server method. Be sure to follow the guide to the letter.
    2007-10-24 08:19 PM
    Look you guys better stop all the hassle. There's an easy software to upgrade, downgrade and unlock. Why all the hassle. Man everything for free is a disease. Open your eyes and get this software at www.pqdvd.com and stop all this download and all that hassle before u mess you phone for good.

I had a brick iphone and their software was like a magic. They got more programmes there with many free downloads.
    2007-10-24 08:20 PM
    Look you guys better stop all the hassle. There's an easy software to upgrade, downgrade and unlock. Why all the hassle. Man everything for free is a disease. Open your eyes and get this software at www.pqdvd.com and stop all this download and all that hassle before u mess you phone for good.

I had a brick iphone and their software was like a magic. They got more programmes there with many free downloads.
    Umm.... what does a DVD converter have to do with Jailbreaking?
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-10-24 at 08:42 PM.
    2007-10-24 08:33 PM
    Umm.... what does a DVD converter have to go with Jailbreaking?
    lol
    2007-10-24 08:38 PM
    Ok! So i figured it out! All you have to do is hold the sleep/wake and home button until the screen goes off... keep holding the home button until the itunes recoqnizes it. Restore it that way and you should get a white screen, but itunes should still see your phone. Then Hit shift + restore and restore it to 1.0.2. DONE! You should get the activation screen and from there do what you gotta do.
    2007-10-25 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.