User Tag List

I am sure this has been addressed, but I can't find the definitive answer. So I I am seeking help here.
    After finally uprgading to 1.1.1 with ver6 of the windows one click jailbreak (which went smoothly!) my free space shows only 448mb when I check it on the phone. In iTunes it shows a little less. "Other", in iTunes shows 3.36gb used. My total space capacity reads correctly for an 8gb iPhone. I tried deleting a folder named "oldmedia" through finder but it made no difference. Anyone know what I need to do to get my space back from "Other"?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Last edited by pmas; 2007-10-25 at 09:55 PM.
    2007-10-25 04:17 PM
    if you do a directory of /var/root, what folders do you see?
    2007-10-25 10:00 PM
    Thanks for the reply. But I gave up and did a complete restore. Jailbreaking now.

UPDATE: I did a full factory restore and used the same method to jailbreak. Everything went smoothly and my "Other" is now 15mb. Right where it should be. For those who have had this problem, the answer is: Do a complete factory restore before you upgrade to 1.1.1. I only had jailbreak and mods/apps on 1.0.2. I did not unlock, so you cant blame that. If you are hesitant to up the phone to 1.1.1, don't be. The windows one click posted by ReVan is incredibly simple, fast and works perfectly. Just be sure you have the updated url for the first step. The site redirects you now, but there is a mirror.
    Last edited by pmas; 2007-10-26 at 11:51 AM.
    2007-10-25 10:30 PM
    I don't want to resurrect this thread but I had the same problem and was able to fix without a restore. What happens is somehow, your entire media folder is being backed up to media_old in the /var/root directory. Just use WinSCP and delete that directory and you should be all set.

EDIT: Yeah wow I'm retarted. It's right there in the first post that that didn't work. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by CHI3F; 2007-11-03 at 09:48 PM.
    2007-11-03 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD