my iphone wont sync b/c i forgot to lockdown after the jailbreak,....

do i need to just restore the whole phone?

any help would be great.....
    2007-07-26 11:54 PM
    granted im on a PC so i dont have to do this, but you should be able to just lock it again without a restore then you'll be able to sync
    2007-07-27 12:01 AM
    yea i just ended up doing a full restore and everything worked out great....

thanks for your help
    2007-07-27 12:04 AM
    you could have hopped into iphoneinterface and put the services.plist on and you would have been fine
    2007-07-27 01:15 AM
    yeah swss you should have waited for a reply... save some trouble... after you do jailbreak and iphoneinterface before you exit and unplug th phone and junk you have to

cd /System/Library/Lockdown
    putfile Services.plist
    2007-07-27 03:02 AM
    Now I'm having problems. Used jailbreak. Could of sworn I locked it back down, apparently I didn't. Won't sync with itunes.

I understand you have to sync with itunes to do a complete iphone system restore, but I can't get into itunes to do it.

When I try to run jailbreak, it won't connect to the iphone interface. Lemme show you:

This is what happens when I try to get into jailbreak. My iphone is connected to the usb to my intel mac....

redrums-computer:~ redrum$ cd ~/Desktop/iPhone\ goodies/tools/
    redrums-computer:~/Desktop/iPhone goodies/tools redrum$ ./jailbreak
    [jailbreak 1.0] by ziel w/ special thanks to GeoHot and the rest of the #iphone-dev crew.

Looking for iPhone...
    Sending Files...
    Problem starting AFC: -402653150

Sorry, apparently things just didn't work out.
    Look on the bright side, if jail was that good for Paris maybe you should give it a second chance.

redrums-computer:~/Desktop/iPhone goodies/tools redrum$

Now I tried to do the reset with my iphone that takes you to the yellow triangle and this is what happens....

redrums-computer:~/Desktop/iPhone goodies/tools redrum$ ./jailbreak[jailbreak 1.0] by ziel w/ special thanks to GeoHot and the rest of the #iphone-dev crew.

Looking for iPhone...

Sending More Files...
    Booting iPhone...

Waiting for iPhone to finish booting...
    Moving files into place...
    Problem with Ditto: 6

Sorry, apparently things just didn't work out.
    Look on the bright side, if jail was that good for Paris maybe you should give it a second chance.

redrums-computer:~/Desktop/iPhone goodies/tools redrum$

A little more success, but still nothing. I'm not totally familiar with the terminal but can usually fair well since I'm a little more familiar with DOS, but I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything okay, I was successful at adding some custom ringtones and changing some alert sounds.

Any idea how to get it back to sync with itunes?
    2007-07-29 04:48 AM
    Yah, if that happens, the AFC error, you're gonna have to restore.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-07-29 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD