I restored my phone fresh to 1.1.1 and used jailbreakme.com to open my phone. I proceeded to install apps but the only one I can get working is AppTapp itself and Nes. ...all other apps simply close themselves and go back to the application screen. The apps I have tried are VoiceNotes, Customize, Sketches and a few others. I have restored my phone three times now and each time I am ending up with the same problem. I have read about other people having a similar problem but I haven't found any solutions. (i've tried running customize 20 times in a row as well as rebooting multiple times with no luck.)

Some more information:
    Restored through iTunes from a Windows XP machine as well as a Windows Vista machine.
    My phone is not and has never been unlocked.
    I purchased my phone the day they came out and never did an update until now - i had apptapp on it as well as many other applications working prior to this update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I am quite sure there are others out there with the same problem.

Thanks,
    M
    2007-10-30 02:55 AM
    thread moved!

please post in the right forum...
    2007-10-30 02:58 AM
    I restored my phone fresh to 1.1.1 and used jailbreakme.com to open my phone. I proceeded to install apps but the only one I can get working is AppTapp itself and Nes. ...all other apps simply close themselves and go back to the application screen. The apps I have tried are VoiceNotes, Customize, Sketches and a few others. I have restored my phone three times now and each time I am ending up with the same problem. I have read about other people having a similar problem but I haven't found any solutions. (i've tried running customize 20 times in a row as well as rebooting multiple times with no luck.)

Some more information:
    Restored through iTunes from a Windows XP machine as well as a Windows Vista machine.
    My phone is not and has never been unlocked.
    I purchased my phone the day they came out and never did an update until now - i had apptapp on it as well as many other applications working prior to this update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I am quite sure there are others out there with the same problem.

Thanks,
    M
    Welcome to the forums!
    Try installing BSD Subsystem first thing after you AppSnapp. It might be that the apps you are attempting to install are trying to issue commands that aren't available to you without the BSD Subsystem installed.
    Last edited by unclear; 2007-10-30 at 03:08 AM.
    2007-10-30 03:03 AM
    Yeah I had that problem too. Installed BSD and everything worked fine. Just do it!

Reako
    2007-10-30 03:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD