I'm currently running an Iphone with firmware 1.0.2 and want to update it to 1.1.3 so I can put the windows vista theme on it ^_^;;

My phone is jailbroken and all that and I just want to know if there's a safe way to update without bricking it or just a walkthrough of what to expect when I update it.

Thanks
    2008-05-03 10:22 AM
    Personally, I would retore to 1.1.3 (or 1.1.4) using iTunes and then use iLiberty+ to jailbreak and install BSD Subsystem and installer from the payloads tab.

I would make sure not to select the Cydia option.
    2008-05-03 10:58 AM
    Yeah, I planned on going up to 1.1.3

I'm just worried because I don't want to lose all my contacts and pictures. Is this something I have to worry about?
    2008-05-03 07:15 PM
    If you connect to iTunes and click restore it will ask if you want to make a back-up. Then after unlocking connect again and it will put your data back.

However, I did this with 1.1.4. Not sure if it will be the same if you are using an old version.

Why not got to 1.1.4? I have, from 1.1.2, and it's faultless. Very pleased with the iLiberty+ result.
    2008-05-03 07:49 PM
    I suppose there's no harm in it then I guess. I've been meaning to "clean out" my phone of applications I no longer use and this seems like the best way.

*EDIT* I'm a bit nervous. When does it prompt me to save? When I click restore it says

"are you sure you want to restore the iPhone "iPhone", all songs and other data will be erased and newest version of software will be installed"

Does the saving prompt happen after this?
    Last edited by xInfamousLegatox; 2008-05-03 at 08:03 PM.
    2008-05-03 07:59 PM
    I suppose there's no harm in it then I guess. I've been meaning to "clean out" my phone of applications I no longer use and this seems like the best way.

*EDIT* I'm a bit nervous. When does it prompt me to save? When I click restore it says

"are you sure you want to restore the iPhone "iPhone", all songs and other data will be erased and newest version of software will be installed"

Does the saving prompt happen after this?
    You will get a much cleaner jailbreak if you restore to 1.1.4 and setup as new, then jailbreak. There are several ways to go, but my personal favorite is the pwntool.

There have been many problems with "restoring from backup" on itunes. Just my .02 cents.
    2008-05-03 11:12 PM
    I restored it no problem but yeah, Syncing it didn't save my pictures =/

*Edit* I gotta start thinking before I post xD

Fixed my SSH problem, but I still can't use IphoneBrower or anything other than WinSCP

My phone keeps saying Password Incorrect : Enter voicemail password even though I don't have voice mail set up. This isn't a problem, it's just annoying

Youtube has never worked on my phone and continues to do so...

Also...if anyone knows the answer to this.. I use to have an application to choose what apps were hidden and displayed because I preferred to keep it all on the first page so to speak. If anyone knows an application like that could you tell me the name of it?
    Last edited by xInfamousLegatox; 2008-05-04 at 10:59 PM.
    2008-05-04 10:30 PM
    The app to choose to hide apps is called "Poof". I'm sure there are others, but I'm on 1.1.3 and it works perfect for me.
    2008-05-05 05:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD