i have to upgrade to 1.1.1 before friday, or else i have to wait for a jailbreak to 1.1.2? since the update is through itunes? Because after friday itunes will try to update to 1.1.2 and not 1.1.1.
    2007-11-06 04:29 PM
    Either update to 1.1.1 and do the jailbreak there, or stay with 1.0.2 and do'nt update til a jailbreak is figured out for 1.1.2.
    2007-11-06 04:33 PM
    what's the way that's the easiest and works 100% right now to upgrade to 1.1.1?
    2007-11-06 04:38 PM
    Download the 1.0.2 and the 1.1.1 firmwares and store them on your PC
    2007-11-06 04:43 PM
    If you want to update in the future to 1.1.1 without worrying about new itunes wanting to update you to 1.1.2. Then download the files at bottom of post. Save them in your downloads file, this way you know where they are when you need to locate them. Also before updating make sure you restore to 1.0.2 first. This way you will have a clean 1.0.2 before updating. To do the restore to 1.0.2 Hold down shift(windows) or option(mac) and then click restore. A menu will pop up and then choose your downloads folder and locate the 1.0.2_1C28_Restore file and click on it. After its completed you should have a non jailbroken 1.0.2. To update to 1.1.1. use the same method, except choose 1.1.1_3A109a_Restore file.

Jordan

Copy files from here. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=6
    Last edited by jrdan24; 2007-11-06 at 05:29 PM.
    2007-11-06 05:25 PM
    Alternatively, you can download the 1.1.1 ipsw file direct from Apple at the following link:
    http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.
    2007-11-07 04:59 AM
    thanks for the 1.1.1 firmware tried a lot to find that in my itunes folder .......can u tell me where to lokk just in case ?
    2007-11-07 05:24 AM
    what's the way that's the easiest and works 100% right now to upgrade to 1.1.1?
    I second that. I am still hesitant to virginize my unlocked 1.0.2 iphone.

I would like your guys input on which method/guide on here that is the best.

I am on windows and my iphone was unlocked using anysim.

Thanks in advance.
    2007-11-08 10:49 PM
    Heres the link for firmware 1.1.1

http://modmyi.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1355

Also I would like to add that there are TABS on top that you can use to navigate and look for threads, downloads, guides and some important forums.

You can utilize these features so you could search for things you're trying to look for on these site.

MAKE THEM USEFUL

I second that. I am still hesitant to virginize my unlocked 1.0.2 iphone.

I would like your guys input on which method/guide on here that is the best.

I am on windows and my iphone was unlocked using anysim.

Thanks in advance.
    if you want to revirginize...the easiest way is to tap installer.app, tap source, edit then add. add to your source " i.unlock.no " (without the " ) refresh your source.

tap install & you have now UNLOCKING TOOLS on your installer. Tap that & pick THE VIRGINIZER then install.

how easy is that??
    Last edited by mixi92; 2007-11-08 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-08 11:15 PM
    if you want to revirginize...the easiest way is to tap installer.app, tap source, edit then add. add to your source " i.unlock.no " (without the " ) refresh your source.

tap install & you have now UNLOCKING TOOLS on your installer. Tap that & pick THE VIRGINIZER then install.

how easy is that??
    wow! that easy huh? how come this method isn't posted any where? all i am reading is using ssh and virginizing it with wifi and etc...

so after i install and run the virginizer, will my phone be like brand new/out of the box condition? with all the problems fixed? you know, the seczone and etc people are saying.
    2007-11-09 12:02 AM
    wow! that easy huh? how come this method isn't posted any where? all i am reading is using ssh and virginizing it with wifi and etc...

so after i install and run the virginizer, will my phone be like brand new/out of the box condition? with all the problems fixed? you know, the seczone and etc people are saying.
    The source I gave you is the one the Dev Team had develop. The source also includes an EDGE FIX, ANYSIM1.1 YOU TUBE ACTIVATION, INTERNATIONAL SETTING & One Sim.

If you want look at the following thread by PF

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Unl...out_of_the_box

This one is for unlocking but he used the same source I gave you. You will also see there a snap shot of the app I am talking about.
    2007-11-09 12:15 AM
    if my phone is jailbroken what will happen if I install 1.1.2 I just got
    my iPhone 3 days ago so ihave no idea what will happen thx in advance.
    2007-11-09 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD