Hey guys.

Been searching for a solution to my dire problem. But can't find anything relating to my iPhone. I am pretty sure it's stuffed as it's not responding but I was hoping I could do something as I am used to unlocking/activating/restoring it.

The problem is physical damage I suspect which sucks.

I dropped my iphone from the side of a small chair at a mate's house. I was sitting in the chair with iTunes playing on the arm of the chair. I leaned forward and it consequently fell off. Stupid I know!

To my surprise it was still playing although the speakers were distorted than usual. I thought maybe something around the speakers was broken and thought I will worry about it tomorrow morning.

Took it sleep and still was playing.

Next day the alarm went off on my dropped iPhone and I went to play cricket. During the day it started saying battery needs charging and eventually ran out of charge around lunch time. It was starting to act weird though. Navigating was slower and it would soft reset occasionally.

I took it home and too my surprise I turned it on and plugged my charger in but came up with some message saying device or accessory not recognised!! So I couldn't charge it.

I tried pluggin it into my custom built PC and was going to put new software on it but it just froze my PC when plugged in. Now I've tried it this newer laptop and whenever I plug it in the device bubble just says

"Power Surge On Hub Port: A USB device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port."

This tells me that somethings malfunctioned in the iPhone and it's trying to draw a large amount of power. But when I plug it into the charger I get nothing! iLiberty doesn't recognize it as far as I can tell...

Any advice or things I could try? I am in Australia so no real option of getting it fixed.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers!

Sorry I posted in the wrong section!

Thanks for moving it.
    Last edited by Aus_Rider_22; 2008-05-06 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-06 05:35 PM
    Sup

I just got the same problem. For a while the phone was just showing up with a a battery sign and a plug and lightning bolt underneath it. BUT now it wont do anything at all stays blank. I am surprised that barely anyone else has encountered this problem. Btw my phone has been dropped several times but not recently before this occurred so I dont think thats the problem. Oh and another thing before this happened to me my battery was really low and I didnt put it on the charger so im assuming its completly dead but it wont charge.

Well I hope this can get figured out. Hope this helps.
    2008-05-07 12:46 AM
    the only way i can think of is to be prepared to lose all your data....... do a hard DFU restore without connected to computer... then connect to a computer without itunes installed (to prevent more things to run and suck memory out)... and use ziphone (i know iLiberty+ is better but it doesn't recognize your iphone you said so u might as well rely on ziphone now)... use it to refurbish phone...... iDemocracy 3 works fine too...
    2008-05-07 01:14 AM
    Whats a hard DFU and how do i do it if my phone wont do anything?
    2008-05-07 01:37 AM
    the only way i can think of is to be prepared to lose all your data....... do a hard DFU restore without connected to computer... then connect to a computer without itunes installed (to prevent more things to run and suck memory out)... and use ziphone (i know iLiberty+ is better but it doesn't recognize your iphone you said so u might as well rely on ziphone now)... use it to refurbish phone...... iDemocracy 3 works fine too...
    Ziphone won't pick up the iPhone either.

I tried this to get into DFU.

Alternate Method: Going Into DFU Mode Without Button Pushing: (on windows) Easier than timing the buttons just right!

1.) First download the required archive http://www.sendspace.com/file/93fx93

2.) Extract the archive to the root of your hard drive, should be C:/DFU/

3.) Connect your iPhone and ignore iTunes

4.) Goto Start - run

5.) Next type in “c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu”

6.) Wait for iPhone to show a “white” screen

7.) Now you may proceed to downgrade!

The command screen just stays at
    "s_Looking for iPhone"

Doesn't look good
    2008-05-07 01:57 AM
    The command screen just stays at
    "s_Looking for iPhone"

Doesn't look good...

I'm having the exact same problem...
    2008-05-28 03:59 AM
    I just saw this issue for the first time and after about an hour's worth of trouble shooting, fixed it. Please pm me or email me for a quicker response at iphonemedic@mail.com and I'll help you out.
    2010-02-06 01:56 AM
    This is a 2 Year old thread...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2010-03-13 01:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD