Check if there is a file called iTunesMobileDevice.dll in the iBrickr directory.
    If not, search your PC, the file should already be on your computer somewhere.
    When you find it, copy it to the iBrickr directory (not move).

Also check if you extracted the iBrickr zip file, this is still needed eventhough Vista shows you the contents of the zip right away.
    Last edited by Fresh; 2007-12-04 at 01:17 PM.
    iFoneguide
    2007-12-04 01:15 PM
    What happens if you use a non default sim card??
    2007-12-05 02:04 AM
    I put my iphone into recovery mode, then tried to download firmware 1.1.1 but does not download, instead just shows the nonextracted files with a firmware folder and two others inside named dfu and all_flash, i am trying to pick one when downgrading but only recive a different error like 4103
    2007-12-05 02:09 AM
    What happens if you use a non default sim card??
    This is absolutely no problem, as long as you remove any pincode protection from it. Not just reset it to 0000. Completely remove it.
    iFoneguide
    2007-12-05 02:21 AM
    I put my iphone into recovery mode, then tried to download firmware 1.1.1 but does not download, instead just shows the nonextracted files with a firmware folder and two others inside named dfu and all_flash, i am trying to pick one when downgrading but only recive a different error like 4103
    Look here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=1355

Hit the download button and save the file.
    iFoneguide
    2007-12-05 02:24 AM
    thanks fresh
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.
    2007-12-05 02:31 AM
    Hey I have a big problem can you call me sidetalker my number Is 717 880 8397
    2007-12-05 02:33 AM
    I would be glad to help you. I can be reached on my home phone 24/7 at 7176835655. Thanks for your interest in my guide and your tributed name

Also I am more than happy to help anyone else out with any problems they may have or if they just want to talk!
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2007-12-05 02:39 AM
    This is not working for me, I follow the tutorial every step and no go, when restoring to FW 1.1.1 in Itunes I got a message telling me that the restore failed with a error #4, after this all I see on my Iphone is the apple logo and the update icon on the bottom of the screen. I kill the process from Itunes, Ituneshelper and all related to Itunes and fire Ibrick but Ibrick cannot detect my Iphone. What Am I doing wrong?
    Iphone OTB FW 1.1.2 not activated
    2007-12-05 02:48 AM
    restart your iphone by holding the home and power buttons till it turns off and then letting go of the power button but keep holding on the home button after the screen is dark. (do this while itunes is running) when itunes detects a phone in recovery mode...fire up ibrickr (dont worry bout closing itunes) and it should detect your phone.
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2007-12-05 02:51 AM
    or you can call me because that was the wrong number you can call me at work at 717 849 6445 anytime I usually am working between 4 and 9 eastern standard time just ask for kevin Sullivan
    2007-12-05 02:52 AM
    This is not working for me, I follow the tutorial every step and no go, when restoring to FW 1.1.1 in Itunes I got a message telling me that the restore failed with a error #4, after this all I see on my Iphone is the apple logo and the update icon on the bottom of the screen. I kill the process from Itunes, Ituneshelper and all related to Itunes and fire Ibrick but Ibrick cannot detect my Iphone. What Am I doing wrong?
    Iphone OTB FW 1.1.2 not activated
    I think it's time to reboot your PC and maybe use another USB port.
    This might help...
    iFoneguide
    2007-12-05 02:52 AM
    This might help...
    reboot might help but another USB wouldnt change anything if itunes recognizes your phone fine...

thanks again for your contributions to this thread that for some ungodly reason hasnt been stickied.
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2007-12-05 02:56 AM
    This might help...
    Yep, the try a different USB port is not and option since the Iphone works ok with Itunes, any other ideas?

Also, rebooted a few times with no changes.....
    Maybe the other web site referring to no way to jailbreak a 1.1.2 OTB is true?
    2007-12-05 03:02 AM
    did you try what i said (on the previous page)
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2007-12-05 03:04 AM
    restart your iphone by holding the home and power buttons till it turns off and then letting go of the power button but keep holding on the home button after the screen is dark. (do this while itunes is running) when itunes detects a phone in recovery mode...fire up ibrickr (dont worry bout closing itunes) and it should detect your phone.
    Ok, at this point I got the option in Ibrick to free my Iphone, when I click on free or something like that Itunes was open as part of the procedure, then I pointed to the 1.1.1 FW but I got the same problem with error #4 after the Iphone went into update mode, with apple logo in the middle and update icon on the bottom, after this Ibrick cannot detect the Iphone...
    2007-12-05 03:09 AM
    any chance you have seen issues with the activation on the at&t network?
    I had 1.1.1 out of he box and had a startup problem and had to restore to the 1.1.2. now i restore the 1.1.1 firmware but i only have wifi no service. i have win xp with 7.4.3v of itunes
    2007-12-05 03:10 AM
    Ok, at this point I got the option in Ibrick to free my Iphone, when I click on free or something like that Itunes was open as part of the procedure, then I pointed to the 1.1.1 FW but I got the same problem with error #4 after the Iphone went into update mode, with apple logo in the middle and update icon on the bottom, after this Ibrick cannot detect the Iphone...
    ah sorry it took me so long to reply. im sidetalker10 on AIM and ill be on a bit longer finishing up a theology paper. once ibrickr recognizes your phone (after a failed downgrade to 1.1.1 through itunes) just use ibrickr to force start your phone. then use your wifi to jailbreak and install oktoprep.

any chance you have seen issues with the activation on the at&t network?
    I had 1.1.1 out of he box and had a startup problem and had to restore to the 1.1.2. now i restore the 1.1.1 firmware but i only have wifi no service. i have win xp with 7.4.3v of itunes
    thats because the baseband is for 1.1.2...just install oktoprep with wifi and update back to 1.1.2...im pretty sure my guide says all this guys...
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2007-12-05 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2007-12-05 04:35 AM
    Ok, finally I was able to jailbreak the Iphone, seems like all my problems somehow went away after I used my laptop; the only thing I can think of it is that I didn't do any jailbreaking on it before, on my main PC I did my Iphone (1.1.1 version) and my sons Itouch (1.1.1) so this time around my friend was lucky I succeeded by trying my Laptop as my ultimate resource...
    2007-12-05 04:40 AM
    Ok, finally I was able to jailbreak the Iphone, seems like all my problems somehow went away after I used my laptop; the only thing I can think of it is that I didn't do any jailbreaking on it before, on my main PC I did my Iphone (1.1.1 version) and my sons Itouch (1.1.1) so this time around my friend was lucky I succeeded by trying my Laptop as my ultimate resource...
    awesome! glad i could help (if i did...lol)
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2007-12-05 04:52 AM
549 ... 4121314151624 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD