awesome! glad i could help (if i did...lol)
    Sure you did, many thanks for this tutorial and your deeply understanding about this issues,
    I can confirm now that this tutorial works for Jailbreak on Iphones OTB with FW1.1.2!!!!!
    I can now go to sleep knowing that we just free another Iphone for a senseless contract; Free your world!!!
    2007-12-05 05:45 AM
    I had Done all the step, even downgrade my firmware 1.1.2 to firmware1.1.1, but it seem i had activate to the main page but still cannot use it as a phone. please help me! Thank you!
    2007-12-05 10:28 AM
    ah sorry it took me so long to reply. im sidetalker10 on AIM and ill be on a bit longer finishing up a theology paper. once ibrickr recognizes your phone (after a failed downgrade to 1.1.1 through itunes) just use ibrickr to force start your phone. then use your wifi to jailbreak and install oktoprep.

thats because the baseband is for 1.1.2...just install oktoprep with wifi and update back to 1.1.2...im pretty sure my guide says all this guys...
    I restored to 1.1.2 used the oktoprep but no installer app, I followed your instructions to a t only issue I have is using jailbreak 1.1.2 when I select the option to jailbreak me do I install ssh? I've tried both ways and it tells me it connect connect to the phone. Thankyou for the advice
    2007-12-05 05:19 PM
    I restored to 1.1.2 used the oktoprep but no installer app, I followed your instructions to a t only issue I have is using jailbreak 1.1.2 when I select the option to jailbreak me do I install ssh? I've tried both ways and it tells me it connect connect to the phone. Thankyou for the advice
    you must UPDATE to 1.1.2 NOT RESTORE

my guide says that.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.
    2007-12-05 07:13 PM
    Sidetalker!
    Can i just say thanks again!!

i've now used your guide twice both times working perfectly sorting out my Out of the box 1.1.2 UK 02 iPhone.

The reason i have had to do it twice is a matter of stupidity on my half... a word of advice when hiding icons on the springboard... DONT HIDE THE ICON FOR THE PROGRAM THAT ALLOWS YOU TO UNHIDE THE ICONS!!!

But seriously kudos for writing this guide really easy to do and i can confirm to all you skeptics (me) that this does indeed work on Out of the box uk iPhones!
    (it probably says that somewhere else in the 14 pages but tbh i couldn't be bothered to rummage though them)

Peace!

OXCiD3
    2007-12-05 08:57 PM
    you must UPDATE to 1.1.2 NOT RESTORE

my guide says that.
    sorry for the miscommunication... I meant that I updated to 1.1.2.
    2007-12-05 10:29 PM
    welcome
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2007-12-05 10:55 PM
    "Step 2: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware version 1.1.1 and it has been activated through iTunes. Restore your iPhone to Firmware 1.1.1 by shift-clicking on "Restore" in iTunes and navigating to your 1.1.1 Firmware (download here). Allow iTunes to complete the restore and activate your iPhone before proceeding to the next step.: If you are on this step, you have iPhone firmware version 1.1.1 and it has been activated through iTunes. Restore your iPhone to Firmware 1.1.1 by shift-clicking on "Restore" in iTunes and navigating to your 1.1.1 Firmware (download here). Allow iTunes to complete the restore and activate your iPhone before proceeding to the next step."

i just got home from work and i'm following this step by step using update instead of restore. the question is do i update to 1.1.1 then restore to 1.1.1
    and do i use iphuc to release the phone from the restore state or just run the update and restore? the only reason i asked was because i get no activation because i have no signal in 1.1.1.
    thanks again for the great tutorial im doing everything it says to do it just wont seem to work.
    Last edited by oantixo; 2007-12-05 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-05 11:46 PM
    sorry for the miscommunication... I meant that I updated to 1.1.2.
    hermmm...iunno then man. what does the 1.1.2 jailbreak say?

i just got home from work and i'm following this step by step using update instead of restore. the question is do i update to 1.1.1 then restore to 1.1.1
    and do i use iphuc to release the phone from the restore state or just run the update and restore? the only reason i asked was because i get no activation because i have no signal in 1.1.1.
    thanks again for the great tutorial im doing everything it says to do it just wont seem to work.
    do you have 1.0.2? or 1.1.2 OTB?
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2007-12-05 11:51 PM
    hermmm...iunno then man. what does the 1.1.2 jailbreak say?

do you have 1.0.2? or 1.1.2 OTB?
    1.1.1 OTB but i just got it to work i restarted the computer and im using a different usb cable now its all good.
    thanks so much for your time.
    2007-12-06 12:48 AM
    you have no friends
    2007-12-06 12:51 AM
    great guide! everything went smoothly! no i need to learn about what can i do with jailbroken iPhone

a quick NOTE: I think that the link in Step#4 in "1.1.2 OTB guide" (frth) is pointing to 1.0.2 firmware where it should point to 1.1.2 firmware.
    2007-12-06 02:45 AM
    hi Sidetalksr, thanks for the guide, i really want to jailbreak my 1.1.2 OTB iPhone that ive recently purchased but before I follow ur steps I have this little question, u indicated that this guide requires to have original SIM that iPhone came with, I do have it but I didnt use it to activate my phone, I actually took the original out and inserted my old AT&T SIM that ive used on my old phone. So my iPhone is activated with iTunes, do I still have to use the original sim for ur guide or in that situation can I use the one ive activated mybphone with? Thanks.
    2007-12-06 05:58 PM
    it should work fine. thanks for the error find ill update the guide accordingly
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2007-12-06 09:55 PM
    Any updates on the ibrickr for vista I have a out of the box iPhone and I want to jailbreak it.
    2007-12-06 10:31 PM
    I have been reading that the new iphones with the 4.6 boot loader and 1.1.2 can't be jail broken.
    Was this before idemocracy 2 came out, and are they just talking about unlocking not jailbraking. I want to jailbreak my phone not unlock it, but not screw it up if its already known it won't work. Thanks for any help

I found this on tuaw.com.

If you are going to buy an iPhone for use with another carrier other than at&t DO NOT BUY iPhone week 45:
    check Serial No. XXX45XXXXXX if 45 appear this is already 1.1.2 OOTB iPhone with non downgradeable Bootloader 4.6 !!!

-sh-3.2# ./bbupdater -v
    Resetting target...
    pinging the baseband...
    issuing +xgendata...
    firmware: DEV_ICE_MODEM_04.02.13_G
    eep version: EEP_VERSION:208
    eep revision: EEP_REVISION:1
    bootloader: BOOTLOADER_VERSION: 4.6_M3S2
    Done
    Last edited by angelcity; 2007-12-07 at 12:41 AM.
    2007-12-06 10:55 PM
    After jailbreaking my iPhone to 1.1.2, I notice that in my /var/root directory on the iPhone, there is a zipped file named "root.zip", size: 752,965 bytes. Is it necessary for this file to remain on my iPhone, or can it be safely removed?
    2007-12-06 11:23 PM
    oh thatnks angelcity for mentioning about serial number. Now I got another Q. Just checked my serial # and its XXX46XXXXXX. Now its even later than week 45 and for sure it has boot loader, right? In that case can it be jailbroken? And what wouldnhappen if I'd try to jailbreak it with this current guide and with boot loader?
    2007-12-07 12:05 AM
    I was hoping someone here had some experience with this they could share before I try it.
    2007-12-07 12:39 AM
    can someone plz clear it out if iPhones week 45+ possible to jailbreak? That's what holding me from starting the process.. thanks
    2007-12-07 03:10 AM
549 ... 5131415161725 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD