I got no luck, I can use it as a ipod but I get an error on the carrier. Can I revert back to the start and do it all again?
    2007-11-16 09:22 AM
    I got no luck, I can use it as a ipod but I get an error on the carrier. Can I revert back to the start and do it all again?
    yea, should b fine. make sure you use the correct lockdownd file.
    2007-11-16 09:29 AM
    hi all,

just to let you know that I mananged to get my UK o2 Activated iphone running and jailbroken using these instructions and with the help of http://code.google.com/p/iphone-elit.../o2ukJailbreak. Everything seems to work with a slight issue with visual voicemail.

I can load visual voicemail, i can record and upload a greeting, i get notifications of voiemail, who and when etc but when I play back the message parts of the audio are a little garbled.

Does anyone have any idea how this could be rectified?

Regards
    Harv
    Last edited by harveyd; 2007-11-16 at 09:48 AM. Reason: added notification
    2007-11-16 09:45 AM
    I cannot find /opt/local/lib/ on my mac to copy the libreadlin.5.2 to?

Anyone HElp?

Cheers
    2007-11-16 09:47 AM
    I cannot find /opt/local/lib/ on my mac to copy the libreadlin.5.2 to?

Anyone HElp?

Cheers
    you unzip and move the opt folder straight to ur Mac HD get from here http://rapidshare.com/files/61509655/opt.zip.html or make Folders for opt/local/lib on ur mac HD and drop ya libreadlin into it hope that helps
    Last edited by Scottjohn; 2007-11-16 at 11:02 AM.
    The Man With 2 Plans
    2007-11-16 10:50 AM
    Thanks for the guide. I am half way there. I am at the stage, where I have just uploaded the 1.1.2 f/w back onto my UK iphone after jailbreaking of 1.1.1 f/w.

I have run Windows.bat and I am sure it has not worked. I run the bat file and it comes up with a dos window and a Java box appears asking me to enable SSH and put in a password (which I left at default - alpine.) and then I click Jailbreak me (or what ever it says on the button). Another box appears (which almost looks like a windows error box) saying you must have using OktoPrep on 1.1.1 otherwise this will not work. I have installed OktoPrep on 1.1.1, so I clicked ok. The same message appears on the dos window and then closes down.

Is this what is supposed to happen? I thought there would be more commands appearing on the dos screen or take longer than 2 or 3 seconds.

Thanks in advance.

PS. I am in the UK, using a OTB 1.1.2 iphone (not activated on itunes) and using Vista.
    2007-11-16 01:09 PM
    I have my iphone jailbroken. So I have full access to everything. Can use it as an ipod touch pretty much. But I have no go on using it as a phone... Can I revert right back to the start? Will doing a restore do any damage to it?
    2007-11-16 03:24 PM
    I have my iphone jailbroken. So I have full access to everything. Can use it as an ipod touch pretty much. But I have no go on using it as a phone... Can I revert right back to the start? Will doing a restore do any damage to it?
    yeh a restore be fine still no luck with ur phone carrier then i see. when did u put ya sim in and whot carrier is it
    The Man With 2 Plans
    2007-11-16 04:35 PM
    Its an o2 sim card. I havent put it in yet and im back on 1.1.1 When should I put it in?

edit. I think I may have found the problem. I cant use iPhuc to reboot... When I type in cmd I get command not found... Any ideas?
    Last edited by shabba; 2007-11-16 at 07:32 PM.
    2007-11-16 07:16 PM
    Its an o2 sim card. I havent put it in yet and im back on 1.1.1 When should I put it in?

edit. I think I may have found the problem. I cant use iPhuc to reboot... When I type in cmd I get command not found... Any ideas?
    well i waited till i i finished the jailbreak bk to 1.1.2 and finished rest the guide then i shut down iphone then put my sim in and then restarted o2 carrier was sorted n running
    The Man With 2 Plans
    2007-11-16 07:45 PM
    Scottjohn, what happenned when you ran the windows.bat file from the Jailbreak 1.1.2 file?
    2007-11-16 08:04 PM
    Scottjohn, what happenned when you ran the windows.bat file from the Jailbreak 1.1.2 file?
    alright Dj Fletch well i never used that as i on mac so used the osx file in jailbreak via terminal commands sorry cant help ya with that hope someone else can thou
    The Man With 2 Plans
    2007-11-16 08:09 PM
    lol. I am just put Jailbreak 1.1.1 on and downloaded OktoPrep, BD and SSH from the intaller.app. I have tested the ftp to the iphone and it is working great. I am now in the process of updating my firmware to 1.1.2 and then I will be back at the windows.bat phase again :-)
    2007-11-16 08:35 PM
    I got mine working!! No visual voicemail. Although I dont really need that.I havent setup edge solely because if I do my monthly bill will come to an absolute fortune!!
    2007-11-16 10:16 PM
    I have got mine working now :-) The problem I had with the windows.bat is that when I was putting the 1.1.2 f/w on the iphone, i was using the restore option rather than the UPDATE option, which was obviously deleting all my Jailbreak 1.1.1 stuff.

Overall the guide was good but there were a couple of bits I found confussing. I have made notes on them, once I have finished having a play about with my new toy I will post them up in this thread to help people avoid the same problems I had.

I have not set up EDGE or Visual Voicemail yet that is the next thing on my list.

Thanks all for their help in putting together this guide and files.
    2007-11-16 10:29 PM
    I cant get pass the Step 1.4 now "4. In order to kick the phone out of that mode I just had to launch iNdependence version 1.2.5 and wait a min or so"

In iNdependence it has the status as " Connected to iPhone in recovery mode So how am i suppose to get it out of the DFU mode?
    2007-11-17 12:33 AM
    I have now activated my wifes iphone using the above method and using an o2 payandgo sim card!

Now to sort out the edge and voicemail settings and then do the whole thing again on my boxed iphone!

Thanks for your help guys
    2007-11-17 12:34 AM
    thx dilinator!!!!

my O2 PAYG is working on the iphone....fantastic work!!!
    2007-11-17 02:08 AM
    I now have O2 Contract on my iPhone - 400 txts, 200 mins, unlimited data for £21.50 a month! And no minimum contract.

This is exactly what I wanted!
    2007-11-17 10:31 AM
    thx dilinator!!!!

my O2 PAYG is working on the iphone....fantastic work!!!
    have you managed to get edge/gprs working on O2 pay as you go? this is the only thing stopping me doing this.
    if so could you send me a link to the thread you used or if its not to long reply in here many thanks.
    2007-11-17 02:10 PM
173 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD