i've searched through here, and nothing covers me specifically, because it's a 16GB, and from what i understand, i need to get 4.6 on it instead of 3.9. how can i get a locked version of 4.6 on it so that i can send it in? or if i'm asking the wrong question, how can i get this 16GB iphone back to factory condition? thanks for any help... greatly appreciated
    2008-05-18 09:28 AM
    Just use Bootneuter from installer(iClarified source) and select the 4.6 Caution! Let the app finish its work, dont touch your phone and make sure the autolock is set to never!!!

Then install the remove bootneuter.app(also iClarified source) to uninstall the bootneuter.app

Finally put your phone into dfu mode(you can use ziphone for it), check the restore locks option too, let ziphone finish and then restore to 1.1.4 FW.

Now you should have a locked 1.1.4 with 4.6BL Stock iPhone.

This should do the trick.

Keep us posted.
    Last edited by AotW; 2008-05-18 at 10:17 AM.
    If I could help you with my answer give me a
    2008-05-18 10:14 AM
    so ill set version 4.6, neuter ON, fakeblank OFF, and unlock OFF right?

also, there is no remove bootneuter package on installer under iclarified. is it important to uninstall it, or can i go ahead with the DFU without removing it?

i can restart in DFU from ziphone, but the closest thing to "restore locks" as you said is the "iErase BL 3.9 baseband (refurbish)" which i am under the impression i am NOT supposed to do. so can i just enter DFU from ziphone with nothing special checked, then go restore in itunes? (after bootneutering of course)

thanks a million for your help. you just might save me $500.
    2008-05-18 10:52 AM

Yes, correct!

also, there is no remove bootneuter package on installer under iclarified. is it important to uninstall it, or can i go ahead with the DFU without removing it?

Maybe, it removes itself like when using Pwnage1.1, you can check it on the homescreen but as you are going to restore it to 1.1.4 it will be deleted from the homescreen for sure.

i can restart in DFU from ziphone, but the closest thing to "restore locks" as you said is the "iErase BL 3.9 baseband (refurbish)" which i am under the impression i am NOT supposed to do. so can i just enter DFU from ziphone with nothing special checked, then go restore in itunes? (after bootneutering of course)

Do not refurbish as it would not work this way when you on 4.6, just select DFU mode from Ziphone, then restore in iTunes.

Make sure that its locked for other sims, try it with yours after everything is done.

You´re welcome!!!
    Answers above!

Yes, correct!

Maybe, it removes itself like when using Pwnage1.1, you can check it on the homescreen but as you are going to restore it to 1.1.4 it will be deleted from the homescreen for sure.

Do not refurbish as it would not work this way when you on 4.6, just select DFU mode from Ziphone, then restore in iTunes.

Make sure that its locked for other sims, try it with yours after everything is done.

You´re welcome!!!
    Answers above in red!

Doublepost, sry can not edit it.
    Last edited by AotW; 2008-05-18 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-18 11:02 AM
    ok, this is a really tricky part. eveything seemed to be going so well.

the original reason i needed to repair it is because there is a strip on the touch screen that's not working - the same strip that i select the version number and neuter switch on bootneuter. so, there's no way i can access these controls. in other apps, i can scroll, but there aren't enough options in bootneuter for me to do that. so, this sounds crazy, but can i SSH into the phone and edit "BootNeuter.app" to somehow change where it says
    "by the Iphone Dev Team
    http://iphone-dev.org"
    and add text to that to make it scrollable?
    2008-05-18 11:41 AM
    I dont think this will work...

Any other opinions?
    2008-05-18 05:51 PM
    spent about an hour trying to slide the switch to a part of the screen where i could touch it.... FINALLY got the options where i wanted them. did bootneuter with the options you said, then restored the phone in itunes. i signed up for AT&T on my computer, and made an appointment at the apple store at the same time. went in to the apple store this morning, they replaced the phone. called up AT&T on my way out and cancelled my account (within the first 3 days) and got ALL my money back. came home and ran ziphone and put my t-mobile SIM back in. ALL IS GOOD! thank you
    2008-05-19 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD