Hey all,

I am new to this whole Iphone jailbreak craze, but I have had my phone since Nov. I have it updated to the latest firmware update, but I haven't been pleased with it. I have been have some battery issues with the new update and can't seem to figure out why...anyway, I was thinking about restoring my phone, but before I do I wanted to see if anyone can help me out.

1) Once I restore my phone, will I lose all my contact info, SMS messages, and bookmark list, (i.e. Iphone history)? Any way to save this stuff?

2) What is the best jailbreak program to use out there? I am a step by step person, so a simple program would be great but if there is one out there that will work problem free for my iphone that would be great.

3) After all that is done, what's next? Is there a list of programs or apps I can look at so I can start downloading?

Sorry for being a pain in the butt, I want to get all the facts and info right before I do anything and screw it up. I don't want to end up like a sad Mac.

X
    2008-05-20 10:05 PM
    1) sync before restoring and you're set
    2) iLiberty, there is aversion for both mac and windows
    3) Through Installer you can get all the programs you need.
    2008-05-20 10:14 PM
    ...and search the forums. Any and all of your questions have been asked here more than once.
    2008-05-20 11:07 PM
    Sync, Restore, iLiberty to jailbreak, everythings on installer or cydia.
    2008-05-20 11:32 PM
    Are you guys talking about the wINstaller? Just want to make sure, I'm a bit confused on some of the programs out there...

X
    2008-05-21 12:32 AM
    No, installer app on your phone once you jailbreak using iLiberty
    2008-05-21 12:34 AM
    It pops up when it I install iliberty right?

X
    2008-05-21 01:06 AM
    you should probably do some more research before jailbreaking your phone if you don't know what installer is....
    2008-05-21 07:41 AM
    I guess you guys can tell right....i'm seriously clueless....if there are any youtube videos, any how to guides for iliberty.....anything helpful at all, i would appreciate it alot.

X
    2008-05-22 05:35 AM
    installer is a program that will put put on your iphone after jailbreaking. you'll see a new icon on your iphone after the whole jailbreaking process is done using the program they listed above, and you can use installer to download and install other programs directly onto your iphone. easy ^_^

just download the program they listed above, and follow the steps in the program
    Peter: "Brian! There's a message in my alphabits! It says 'OOOOOOOOO'!!!!!"
    Brian: "Peter...those are Cheerios."

Guides:
    Moving Applications into the Media Partition to get more space for third party apps
    2008-05-22 11:08 PM
    what is the newest version of iLiberty? and does it come with installer.app or do you need to put it on after? ive been reading here for a while and im going to get the 2.0 iphone. i just want to be sure i know how to do everything before i screw everything up with my phone.
    2008-05-22 11:53 PM
    iliberty sucks, it comes with Cydia; which is stupid as hell.
    2008-05-23 12:56 AM
    iliberty sucks, it comes with Cydia; which is stupid as hell.
    agreed, but you can uncheck Cydia, and install installer instead but i use winPwn now so its all good love making my own IPSW restore files! its so sweet i never have to restore and sit in installer for hours trying to get all my **** back....

It Is What It Is...
    2008-05-23 02:25 AM
    The question I had was that I installed my iphone in my thinkpad but now i have a mac, but I want to keep all the stuff in my iphone before I restore it and jailbreak it. I figure I could just transfer everything (music and pics) through the flash drive, but i was hoping to also save the text message history and phonebook. Anyone able to help me there or give suggestions?? Thanks guys, this is all very helpful!

X
    2008-05-23 04:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD