UPDATE - MY IPHONE IS NOW JAILBROKEN, ACTIVATED AND UNLOCKED ON THE 02 NETWORK.

Hi, Just got home. looking at it now. Just looked at my firmware and I have 1.0.2 installed so need to restore to 1.1.1 first.

Will let you know within the next hour. I will keep updating this post with updates on my progress.

Note - Before I proceeded to any of this below I done the following:

1- I updated to 1.1.2 to get the new baseband.
    2 - I downgraded to 1.1.1
    3 - I downgraded to 1.0.2 and used jailbreakme.com method to jailbreak phone and then installed BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH and then ftp to iPhone using winSCP.
    4 - Uploaded anysim 1.2 to applications on my iphone and changed permissions of the exe file in the folder to 775. (If you have already completed this before but still can't get your iPhone working then still downgrade to 1.0.2 before proceeding to my steps below). note - make sure anysim 1.2 folder is named anySIM.app with SIM in caps lock.

PROGRESSS = COMPLETE. Hope this helps others.

1 - 9.47am - Currently downloading the 1.1.1 firmware from the link provided above (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw)

2 - 10.00am - Download complete. Put my phone into restore mode and holded shift down on my keyboard and clicked the RESTORE button in itunes. Now waiting for the phone to restore to 1.1.1, time for a cup of tea and a cig.

3 - 10.10am Restore complete, error 1015 appeared in itunes. Closed itunes and opened ibrickr, tried to boot the phone with ibrickr and got a green background. Ohwell now trying to restore firmware 1.1.1 again, this seems to happen to me sometimes.

4 - 10.16am Restore attempt 2 complete with error 1015 in itunes again. Closed itunes and booted phone in ibrickr, got red screen this time.

5 - 10.19am Tried to jailbreak 1.1.1 firmware by adding prefs://11 and http://jailbreakme.com in URL for contact. Turned on wifi. Then opened the jailbreakme.com website and clicked appsnap. Website dissapears and the Activate iPhone re-appears. Nothing happening yet?.

6 - 10.23am Waited 4 minutes for jailbreakme.com to work, nothing happened. Went back on the jailbreakme.com website again and looked at the FAQ for about 1 minute. Then closed out all jailbreakme.com tabs, by clicking the icon bottom right corner of safari.

7 - 10.29am Back to activation screen, opened jailbreakme.com website. Run appsnap again and after 3 minutes the phone rebooted. Now the phone is unlocked. Totally crazy as this has never worked for me before.

8 - 10.35am Now installing BSD Subsystem from the installer program (heard somewhere that its a good idea). so might aswell install that first.

9 - 10.40am BSD Subsystem installation complete. Now installing OktoPrep from the installer program.

10 - 10.42am Restarting phone just to make sure of things.

11 - 10.44am Phone now displaying correctly in iTunes and allowing me to setup the phone in itunes. Selected setup a new phone and clicked continue in itunes, then unticked automatically sync with contacts etc etc etc. Then clicked the DONE button.

12 - 10.47am Clicked the UPDATE button in itunes. Now waiting for my iPhone to update to 1.1.2.

13 - 10.52am UPDATE complete, now I see the slide for emergency with the itunes logo. hmmm

14 - 10.55am whoa got worried for a second then, thought it hadn't worked but just remembered need to run windows.bat. Ok now extracting files from the zip file named 1.1.2-jailbreak-UPDATED

15 - 10.56am Opened windows.bat from the extracted files and clicked the jailbreakme button. Now waiting to see what happens.

16 - 11.10am windows.bat has now finished jailbreaking. Its asking me to restart so I will restart

17 - 11.15am Restarted iphone and the phone is now automatically rebooting.

SUCCESS the iPhone has now rebooted as is succesfully running 1.1.2. Woohooo at last I have done it. Looks like I don't need to use iWorld as my 02 network is showing and sms messages are appearing. I tried a test call to my home phone and all seems to be working fine. I am from the UK so must be an apple approved country
    Last edited by jbenitos; 2007-11-22 at 07:53 PM.
    2007-11-21 06:58 PM
    You need to follow this guide here http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15669

Start from "The Process (1.1.2 without OktoPrep NOT Out of Box)"
    2007-11-21 07:11 PM
    I've managed to restore to 1.1.1 now and used jailbreakme.com.

I have the baseband from 1.1.2 still with 1.1.1 installed.

I can now access the phone, just don't have my phone network showing. What would I do next. Don't want to mess it up now. Thanks
    Last edited by jbenitos; 2007-11-21 at 07:22 PM.
    2007-11-21 07:18 PM
    So you downgraded and got error 1105?

If so, then follow the guide i posted
    2007-11-21 07:30 PM
    For some reason, some phones seem to be having problems with the jailbreak process using jailbreakme.com.

What I've experienced with two different phones (after having upgraded to 1.1.2)

a.) 1.1.1 jailbreak doesn't work
    jailbreakme.com does crash Safari with the TIFF exploit, however that's about it - no further software seems to run, and the phone doesn't get jailbroken / activated.

It didn't work when the iPhone was restored to 1.1.1 by putting the iPhone into DFU mode
    (DFU mode = hold power + home buttons for a while, then release power button and keep pressing home button until iTunes detects a phone in recovery mode, but the phone's screen is black).

More on entering DFU mode, transcribed from another forum:
    SUGGESTION FOR WINDOWS USERS Having difficulty entering DFU mode:
    (Guide from MJFlash)
    Hold down the Power and Home buttons until you hear the disconnect tone (that is the two tone sequence indicating that a USB device has disconnected). Then release the power button and continue holding the home button until you hear a quick pair of connect and disconnect tones, then release the home button.

b.) 1.1.1 jailbreak works
    When the iPhone is restored to 1.1.1 via restore mode

A quick note:
    The Sync cable + iTunes logo is the new (1.1.1-2) restore screen.
    The yellow triangle is the old (1.0.2) restore screen.
    When in DFU mode, the screen doesn't display anything.

To enter restore mode, press and hold both the power and the home buttons. Don't release them until the Sync cable + iTunes logo graphic shows up on the screen, and iTunes detects a phone in restore mode.

On one phone I couldn't get into this mode unless it was docked.
    If you have difficulties, you might want to also try with the phone undocked.

Cheers,

Nutz
    Last edited by nutz; 2007-11-21 at 08:15 PM.
    2007-11-21 08:11 PM
    I'm back to the earliest firmware now so I can use anysim 1.2.

however I was succesful with using jailbreakme.com on 1.1.1 but now it doesn't work on 1.0.2
    2007-11-21 08:31 PM
    jailbreakme.com doesn't work on 1.0.2, afaik.

On 1.0.2, I use iBrickr to jailbreak and then wiNstaller to activate.

Cheers,
    Nutz
    2007-11-21 08:39 PM
    For some reason, some phones seem to be having problems with the jailbreak process using jailbreakme.com.

What I've experienced with two different phones (after having upgraded to 1.1.2)

a.) 1.1.1 jailbreak doesn't work
    jailbreakme.com does crash Safari with the TIFF exploit, however that's about it - no further software seems to run, and the phone doesn't get jailbroken / activated.

It didn't work when the iPhone was restored to 1.1.1 by putting the iPhone into DFU mode
    (DFU mode = hold power + home buttons for a while, then release power button and keep pressing home button until iTunes detects a phone in recovery mode, but the phone's screen is black).

More on entering DFU mode, transcribed from another forum:
    SUGGESTION FOR WINDOWS USERS Having difficulty entering DFU mode:
    (Guide from MJFlash)
    Hold down the Power and Home buttons until you hear the disconnect tone (that is the two tone sequence indicating that a USB device has disconnected). Then release the power button and continue holding the home button until you hear a quick pair of connect and disconnect tones, then release the home button.

b.) 1.1.1 jailbreak works
    When the iPhone is restored to 1.1.1 via restore mode

A quick note:
    The Sync cable + iTunes logo is the new (1.1.1-2) restore screen.
    The yellow triangle is the old (1.0.2) restore screen.
    When in DFU mode, the screen doesn't display anything.

To enter restore mode, press and hold both the power and the home buttons. Don't release them until the Sync cable + iTunes logo graphic shows up on the screen, and iTunes detects a phone in restore mode.

On one phone I couldn't get into this mode unless it was docked.
    If you have difficulties, you might want to also try with the phone undocked.

Cheers,

Nutz
    On of the problems with jailbreakme.com 'not working' is people not waiting for the files to download fully. When your phone goes back to the activation screen files are still downloading. If you do the 307 trick again, you will see the hub and the downloading percentage
    2007-11-21 08:42 PM
    redcard is right - you should wait for at least 3 to 5 minutes before considering the jailbreak process a failure.
    You can give it several tries in a row (waiting 3 to 5 minutes after each try).

You might (or don't) turn off your phone between one try and the next.

Another good thing would be to set Autolock to Never in the preferences menu (where you've configured the wireless connection).
    Last edited by nutz; 2007-11-21 at 08:53 PM.
    2007-11-21 08:48 PM
    Ok I understand that but I presume I can't try jailbreakme.com on the 1.0.2 or does it work, just the fact that i'm not being patient?.

Oh and by the way is the jailbreak in iBrickr the button that says free my iphone or something like that?. Because when I clicked that before nothing seemed to happen. It said it was extracting files but I gave up after 10 minutes.

thanks
    2007-11-21 11:29 PM
    Run it on 1.1.1, it works
    2007-11-21 11:33 PM
    what should i try on 1.1.1?. Confused, sorry

I would be happy to just get my 1.1.1 working again because its too much hassle trying to upgrade to 1.1.2 and just doesn't seem to work for me. I presume I just have to downgrade my baseband and use the 1.1.1 firmware.

Still on the 1.1.1 firmware at the moment. I just tried anySIM Version 1.2.1u and got an error saying:

anySIM cannot unlock this iphone. anySIM will now quit.

I don't know what else I can try because I can't even get past the activation screen on 1.0.2.

hmmmmm
    Last edited by jbenitos; 2007-11-21 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-21 11:59 PM
    Ok, I've felt exactly the same way but after I got 1.1.2 up and running fine I was happy again.

So here's the deal, concerning to what I've experienced:

- jailbreakme.com didn't work with 1.0.2, only 1.1.1 and with the quirk I've described.
    - anysim 1.2u *only* works if it's in a folder named exactly anySIM.app in /Applications (remember to set all file's permissions to 755)
    - rule of thumb - always install BSD subsystem before running pretty much anything else - including anySIM. Don't know if it's >really< needed, but can't do any harm.
    -iBrickr "Free my iPhone" is the jailbreak for 1.0.2 I use
    -wiNstaller is what I use to Activate 1.0.2 (instead of manually shuffling files -lockdown et cetera - around like it was needed before the automated solutions).
    - i ran anysim 1.2u on 1.1.1 and it worked (so i don't really see the need to go to 1.0.2)
    - don't forget to run oktoprep on 1.1.1 and *update* (not restore) to 1.1.2
    - jailbreak 1.1.2
    - run iWorld on 1.1.2 if you're not on one of the apple-approved countries
    Voil&#224; (all variablrs permitting) ;p
    Last edited by nutz; 2007-11-22 at 02:59 AM.
    2007-11-22 02:51 AM
    ***UPDATE***

I've now managed to load firmware 1.0.2 on my iphone and jailbreak with ibrickr. Goes through the motions but my phone still says the following:

Activate iPhone connect to itunes
    and the slide for emergency bar is there.

Is this whats suppose to happen?. I can now see my iphone in ibrickr and add files etc but can't operate anything on the iPhone.

not sure?, can someone help. thanks

p.s - I see you mention that anysim works on 1.1.1, I found it worked but it didn't allow me to use my sim card, didn't show any coverage?. However the last attempt at using it didn't work and I set all the permissions and ran anysim and it went through the process but gave an error at the end saying it couldn't unlock, hence why i'm now on 1.0.2
    Last edited by jbenitos; 2007-11-22 at 03:02 AM.
    2007-11-22 02:57 AM
    you've already patched your new baseband sucessfully, then, if anysim ran sucessfully one time.
    go to 1.1.2 (1.1.1 before, to run oktoprep) and run iWorld to choose your country.
    It'll work.

The fact you didn't have coverage in 1.1.1 after running anysim is normal.
    After you upgrade to 1.1.2 and jailbreak you most probably will see your network recognized but won't be able to place or receive calls (unless you're using a sim from one of apple's approved countries).

That's when iWorld found in the 1.1.2 tweaks section in installer comes in and saves the day.

Btw - way to go iPhone coders community. Thanks much for all!!!

If you want - On 1.0.2, at the state you are, run wiNstaller to activate the phone and you should be able to make and receive calls.
    But don't let that stop you.
    Go to 1.1.2 using the oktoprep and upgrade procedures.
    cheers
    Last edited by nutz; 2007-11-22 at 04:24 AM.
    2007-11-22 03:07 AM
    Hi again, I will try restoring to 1.1.1 tonight and then run anysim again and follow your instructions. Can you point me to the correct 1.1.1 firmware to use. Many thanks

**question**

The 1st time I used anysim 1.2 on 1.1.1 it worked succesfully. However if I now try using anysim 1.2 on 1.1.1 it says it cannot unlock my phone. Is this due to the baseband already being patched?. I'm presuming once you patch it once you don't need to patch it again.

Since it worked the first time I have restored my phone to different firmware several times and upgraded to 1.1.2. I have now downgraded back to 1.1.1 and the anysim 1.2 doesn't work. I presume it says it cannot unlock my iphone as its already been unlocked?.

Can someone let me know this. thanks
    Last edited by jbenitos; 2007-11-22 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-11-22 01:39 PM
    You are correct, anySIM will fail because your baseband is already patched.

Once you patch the baseband sucessfully the first time, it stays that way until you rewrite the baseband.
    Downgrading the fw doesn't overwrite the baseband, and upgrading back to 1.1.2 also doesn't (normally) overwrite the baseband, so your baseband is already unlocked.

Now, for the phone to work, you have to use iWorld when already on 1.1.2 to patch a system file and make it work with a SIM from a country other than the few Apple permits - which is most likely your case.
    Just remember to run Oktoprep on 1.1.1 before upgrading to 1.1.2 or you won't be able to jailbreak it (afaik. I'm not keeping up with the latest methods since mine already is).

As for the 1.1.1 firmware, use the one iTunes already downloaded from Apple.
    If you don't have it download it here: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw
    2007-11-22 03:56 PM
    Thanks alot. Just finished work now so will try that when I get home and let you know how I get on. Many thanks
    2007-11-22 05:09 PM
    Thanks alot. Just finished work now so will try that when I get home and let you know how I get on. Many thanks
    jbenitos any update on this because I am having same problem.
    2007-11-22 05:19 PM
    UPDATE - MY IPHONE IS NOW JAILBROKEN, ACTIVATED AND UNLOCKED ON THE 02 NETWORK.

Hi, Just got home. looking at it now. Just looked at my firmware and I have 1.0.2 installed so need to restore to 1.1.1 first.

Will let you know within the next hour. I will keep updating this post with updates on my progress.

Note - Before I proceeded to any of this below I done the following:

1- I updated to 1.1.2 to get the new baseband.
    2 - I downgraded to 1.1.1
    3 - I downgraded to 1.0.2 and used jailbreakme.com method to jailbreak phone and then installed BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH and then ftp to iPhone using winSCP.
    4 - Uploaded anysim 1.2 to applications on my iphone and changed permissions of the exe file in the folder to 775. (If you have already completed this before but still can't get your iPhone working then still downgrade to 1.0.2 before proceeding to my steps below). note - make sure anysim 1.2 folder is named anySIM.app with SIM in caps lock.

PROGRESSS

1 - 9.47am - Currently downloading the 1.1.1 firmware from the link provided above (http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....a_Restore.ipsw)

2 - 10.00am - Download complete. Put my phone into restore mode and holded shift down on my keyboard and clicked the RESTORE button in itunes. Now waiting for the phone to restore to 1.1.1, time for a cup of tea and a cig.

3 - 10.10am Restore complete, error 1015 appeared in itunes. Closed itunes and opened ibrickr, tried to boot the phone with ibrickr and got a green background. Ohwell now trying to restore firmware 1.1.1 again, this seems to happen to me sometimes.

4 - 10.16am Restore attempt 2 complete with error 1015 in itunes again. Closed itunes and booted phone in ibrickr, got red screen this time.

5 - 10.19am Tried to jailbreak 1.1.1 firmware by adding prefs://11 and http://jailbreakme.com in URL for contact. Turned on wifi. Then opened the jailbreakme.com website and clicked appsnap. Website dissapears and the Activate iPhone re-appears. Nothing happening yet?.

6 - 10.23am Waited 4 minutes for jailbreakme.com to work, nothing happened. Went back on the jailbreakme.com website again and looked at the FAQ for about 1 minute. Then closed out all jailbreakme.com tabs, by clicking the icon bottom right corner of safari.

7 - 10.29am Back to activation screen, opened jailbreakme.com website. Run appsnap again and after 3 minutes the phone rebooted. Now the phone is unlocked. Totally crazy as this has never worked for me before.

8 - 10.35am Now installing BSD Subsystem from the installer program (heard somewhere that its a good idea). so might aswell install that first.

9 - 10.40am BSD Subsystem installation complete. Now installing OktoPrep from the installer program.

10 - 10.42am Restarting phone just to make sure of things.

11 - 10.44am Phone now displaying correctly in iTunes and allowing me to setup the phone in itunes. Selected setup a new phone and clicked continue in itunes, then unticked automatically sync with contacts etc etc etc. Then clicked the DONE button.

12 - 10.47am Clicked the UPDATE button in itunes. Now waiting for my iPhone to update to 1.1.2.

13 - 10.52am UPDATE complete, now I see the slide for emergency with the itunes logo. hmmm

14 - 10.55am whoa got worried for a second then, thought it hadn't worked but just remembered need to run windows.bat. Ok now extracting files from the zip file named 1.1.2-jailbreak-UPDATED

15 - 10.56am Opened windows.bat from the extracted files and clicked the jailbreakme button. Now waiting to see what happens.

16 - 11.10am windows.bat has now finished jailbreaking. Its asking me to restart so I will restart

17 - 11.15am Restarted iphone and the phone is now automatically rebooting.

SUCCESS the iPhone has now rebooted as is succesfully running 1.1.2. Woohooo at last I have done it. Looks like I don't need to use iWorld as my 02 network is showing and sms messages are appearing. I tried a test call to my home phone and all seems to be working fine. I am from the UK so must be an apple approved country
    Last edited by jbenitos; 2007-11-22 at 07:39 PM.
    2007-11-22 05:46 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD