Alright so my brother needs help cause he bricked his phone and with all you guys on here i feel like someone has to know how to fix it... the phone when plugged into the computer (and yeah ive tried all the restore to facotry settings things by holding the home button), the only screen you can get is the one where the plug is going into the itunes logo. and i know its not a problem with the cable cause my iphone works fine on it. he tried to install some 3rd party app which comes up with an 'installer' logo on the main screen and is made by nullriver i think. one you pull the phone off the charger you can use it for a few minutes but the phone will not respond to the computer.

can anyone offer some insight into what has happened? is there anyway to just wipe the slate clean on the phone that apple doesnt advertise or just to reverse his mistake? thanks.
    2008-05-30 04:34 AM
    Alright so my brother needs help cause he bricked his phone and with all you guys on here i feel like someone has to know how to fix it... the phone when plugged into the computer (and yeah ive tried all the restore to facotry settings things by holding the home button), the only screen you can get is the one where the plug is going into the itunes logo. and i know its not a problem with the cable cause my iphone works fine on it. he tried to install some 3rd party app which comes up with an 'installer' logo on the main screen and is made by nullriver i think. one you pull the phone off the charger you can use it for a few minutes but the phone will not respond to the computer.

can anyone offer some insight into what has happened? is there anyway to just wipe the slate clean on the phone that apple doesnt advertise or just to reverse his mistake? thanks.
    Put into DFU mode by:

1. Hold the power and home buttons down (the iphone will power off after about 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)
    2. After the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)
    3. After about 20 seconds or so, Itunes should see you iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    4. Now iTunes should see your iPhone and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.
    Last edited by hiflyer; 2008-05-31 at 12:04 AM.
    2008-05-30 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD