User Tag List

I was in the process of restoring and it said everything was good on itunes and then i look at my phone and the screen is black and in white letters it keeps scrolling the line "BSD tooy: md0, major 2, minor 0" ive resetting it and it still does this. ive got ziphone and ibrickr i just need to know what i should do.. pleeeeeease helpe me!

i also cant get anything to recognize my phone, however, when i unhook it and rehook it some of the script changes in the scroll on the phone but it goes back to the same line.... i know im a noob but please help me out
    Last edited by tjsmitb; 2008-05-31 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-05-31 09:31 PM
    I was in the process of restoring and it said everything was good on itunes and then i look at my phone and the screen is black and in white letters it keeps scrolling the line "BSD tooy: md0, major 2, minor 0" ive resetting it and it still does this. ive got ziphone and ibrickr i just need to know what i should do.. pleeeeeease helpe me!

i also cant get anything to recognize my phone, however, when i unhook it and rehook it some of the script changes in the scroll on the phone but it goes back to the same line.... i know im a noob but please help me out
    Do this:

1. Hold the power and home buttons down (the iphone will power off after about 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)
    2. After the iPhone powers off, (black screen) release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)
    3. After about 20 seconds or so, Itunes should see you iphone. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPhone is in DFU mode.
    4. Now iTunes should see your iPhone and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.
    2008-05-31 09:36 PM
    okay, i restored it once again and its still in that mode, how do i get it in regular mode?
    2008-05-31 09:45 PM
    okay, i restored it once again and its still in that mode, how do i get it in regular mode?
    Are you sure that you had it into DFU mode? (black screen). The timing can be tricky.

If you are in DFU mode when itunes recognizes the phone, then you select restore and it restores, you should be back to new firmware.
    2008-05-31 09:49 PM
    yes it tells me im on DFU mode on ziphone too when i try to change modes. then i restore the phone back to 1.0.2 it says its successfully restored and will restart..but, it doesnt restart it goes back to that same mode i was telling you about
    2008-05-31 09:53 PM
    yes it tells me im on DFU mode on ziphone too when i try to change modes. then i restore the phone back to 1.0.2 it says its successfully restored and will restart..but, it doesnt restart it goes back to that same mode i was telling you about
    What version of FW were you using when you used ziphone to jailbreak?

You should be restoring back to 1.1.4

Will ziphone take you out of the loop using the mode selection?
    2008-05-31 09:56 PM
    ive always had 1.0.2...i want 1.1.4 that is the whole reason im even messing with this...when i was having trouble getting 1.1.4, i said forget it and tried to just get 1.0.2 back..the itunes is updated to 1.1.4 but apparently the phone isnt
    2008-05-31 10:06 PM
    I would offer my help but seeing he used ziphone, after repeated warnings... I rather let him suffer
    2008-06-01 04:46 AM
    what would you suggest me downloading other than ziphone, it seems to have worked for me though
    2008-06-01 07:11 AM
    I would offer my help but seeing he used ziphone, after repeated warnings... I rather let him suffer
    What a useless remark! Lets hope you never have any problems!

I used ziphone, WITHOUT any problems! Weird how it works for some and not for others
    2008-06-02 12:49 AM
    It's not about visual ones, it's internal. It destroys your baseband and it's stolen apps.

Use iLiberty.
    2008-06-02 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD