I just recently upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.4, at first, everything seemed to be working fine for me. A few hours later, i noticed that the "9" key wouldnt work and i needed it for my security code. I restored the phone again and took the pass code off and I've noticed that it's the line that the backspace key is on when you have the keypad open to dial which includes the call button. I use TMobile so that hinders my options. I have a friend who has an iphone with ATT. SO I dont know whether to try taking the screen apart and looking at it my self, replacing the screen, trying to scam Apple with my friend to get a replacement or what....im asking for advice to get a good idea what to do. If you have any input it would be greatly appreciated!
    2008-06-02 01:40 AM
    There has been reported problems with the bottom part of the touch screen going dead.

You could verify that it is not the jailbreak, by restoring back to factory 1.1.4 and see what happens in that mode.
    2008-06-02 01:47 AM
    it is currently at 1.1.4 ive restored it and went through the jailbreak process over and over again and it still doesnt work....is that what your saying?
    2008-06-02 01:50 AM
    Yes, I take it that in an un-jailbroken mode, the touch screen is still a problem. If so, then it is a touch screen problem.
    2008-06-02 02:05 AM
    hmm i never tried it without it not being jailbroken...let me do that and ill post back
    2008-06-02 02:08 AM
    OK.

If you still have the problem, do a google search for

"iphone replacement touch screens"

There are outlets for the screens listed, plus apple making good on some bad screens.
    2008-06-02 02:11 AM
    as of right now the phone is restored and not jailbroke or anything....all i can do is slide for emergency and all the buttons work on it.....that leads me to my next question of using another program instead of ziphone or iliberty to jailbreak....any ideas?
    2008-06-02 02:18 AM
    as of right now the phone is restored and not jailbroke or anything....all i can do is slide for emergency and all the buttons work on it.....that leads me to my next question of using another program instead of ziphone or iliberty to jailbreak....any ideas?
    If you have a mac, I would use pwnage tool. For windows, I would use iliberty+ or winpwn.
    2008-06-02 02:22 AM
    im on the screen where it shows the itunes logo with the cord under it....there is a little "i" with a circle around it like it means "information" in the bottom right corner...i cant seem to get that to click, im not sure if its even a button if it is then the screen is broke after all
    2008-06-02 02:25 AM
    I just looked at a graphic and I see what you are talking about. You would thing that is would be for information, but I don't know.

One thing you may try is to put the phone into field test mode by sliding the emergency unlock and keying in this:

*3001#12345#*

then hit dial. You may have some screen that you can further test the screen touch positions.
    2008-06-02 02:31 AM
    i did that and i still think its not working....does this guarentee me that it is indeed a hardware problem?
    2008-06-02 02:38 AM
    That would be my conclusion, but no guarantee. Good luck.
    2008-06-02 02:41 AM
    would you suggest me getting a new screen or do what i was talking about taking it to the apple store?
    2008-06-02 02:43 AM
    would you suggest me getting a new screen or do what i was talking about taking it to the apple store?
    I would first try the apple store and see what they will do for you.
    2008-06-02 02:44 AM
    any suggestions on how i should approach them since im a tmobile customer and have had the phone around 9 months
    2008-06-02 02:46 AM
    I am afraid that I can't help you on that matter.
    2008-06-02 02:49 AM
    2008-06-02 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD