I've got 1.1.2 jailbroken, but I'm running out of space for some reason. I have less stuff installed than when I had 1.1.1, and yet somehow Customize and Installer are always saying I need to delete photos or movies because I'm running out of space. I can still do the hack to use the song/movie/picture space for apps, but I really want to do a restore/update and start over because I really don't see how I can possibly be running out of room.

So on to my question, if I install OkToPrep, could I just option-click to update/restore? Or is that not possible now?

I suppose I could do the hack to give me more space (don't even know if it works in 1.1.2, though), but I dunno, it's just bugging me that I'm running out of space with barely anything installed.

Matt
    WHITE 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 - 6.0.1
    Dual 1.2 Ghz G4, OS X 10.4.11
    2.2 Ghz MacBook, OS X 10.7.5
    69 Nova
    71 Duster

2007-11-25 01:38 AM
    not a weird question at all. ssh into your phone (either with putty, or ssh or whatever you prefer to use) and move your /Applications folder to /private/var so that its path is /private/var/Applications. Then create a symlinks in the root of your phone pointing to that (ln -s /Applications /private/var/Applications). You now have no space limitations on applications you install.
    2007-11-25 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD