Hello,

I am having an issue with my camera and photos app. Each time I open one it starts to show the initial screen of the program but then crashes back to the home screen. I CANNOT open or use either program. I jailbroke my phone with Pwnage and all is working fine until now. I don't really want to restore my iPhone. I thought that Snapture was causing this problem but no dice. Didn't work when I removed and reset. Anyone know how I can fix this issue without restoring?

Thanks,

Lorne
    2008-06-03 03:22 PM
    Just need a little more history. Did you have your phone jailbroken with before with a different method other than pwnage?

My theory: Your phone was jailbroken with ziphone/iLiberty (or whatever) first. Then you UPGRADED (not restored) your firmware and used Pwnage to re-jailbreak. Theory #2: You phone was previously jailbroken and you restored i iTunes and then Pwened it but set it up in iTunes to restore from back-up (not as NEW).

If either of these is correct the solution is the same. Plug into iTunes and RESTORE to 1.1.4. Then Pwn your phone again. When you plug back into iTunes set it up as a NEW phone and then re-sync all your stuff.
    2008-06-03 04:35 PM
    Actually no to both theories. I have never jailbroken my iPhone until Pwnage. It was working wonderfully until a couple days ago. I'm thinking a 3rd party app did it. But I dont' know what or which? Do you still suggest I restore my phone?

How do I restore if I've pwnaged and I want to go back to APPLEs 1.1.4??

Thanks,

Lorne
    2008-06-03 04:57 PM
    Try restoring back to your custom firmware that you used after pwning.
    2008-06-03 05:00 PM
    Sorry for the newb question, but want to make sure: to do this, I just plug my phone into my computer and go to iTunes and restore? There's no process for moving to Apples 1.1.4 first?

If I wanted to change a few things on my pwn that I created, can I redo that, then restore to that, or will it screw things up?
    2008-06-03 05:03 PM
    Sorry for the newb question, but want to make sure: to do this, I just plug my phone into my computer and go to iTunes and restore? There's no process for moving to Apples 1.1.4 first?

If I wanted to change a few things on my pwn that I created, can I redo that, then restore to that, or will it screw things up?
    Just open up your pwn tool and create a new custom ipsw and then restore it. No need to repwn the iphone.
    Last edited by hiflyer; 2008-06-03 at 05:07 PM. Reason: spelling
    2008-06-03 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD