The guide for how to jailbreak and upgrade to 1.1.2 is now up.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-12-01 05:27 AM
    Great and thanks for making such clear and easy to follow directions. One question though, does this work on both PPC and Intel based Macs? I am a bit nervous to jump from 1.1.1 jailbroken and working great to 1.1.2 because if I run into trouble im in trouble from my VERY limited hacking skills.
    2007-12-01 08:51 AM
    Where can i find a guide to Activate and Jailbreak an OTB 1.1.2 iPhone under Windows XP ...

HELP!!!

I want to use my iPhone at least as an iPod Touch until they figure out how to unlock it!!!!!
    iPhone therefore iPoor
    2007-12-01 05:34 PM
    dont work i try many time everything was fine but i never get activeted
    2007-12-01 09:07 PM
    Right. My phone says "slide to UNLOCK" not "slide for emergency". Can't get it to work.
    2007-12-02 01:25 PM
    Updated from 1.02 to 1.1.2, 4.02.13_G.

Followed the guide, but activation on page 2 does not work. When I put in #307# and press Call, it doesn't ring.

Any suggestions?

Actually, I couldn't check the SIM PIN after downgrading to 1.1.1 (stuck in restore mode).
    I am on AT&T, so no need for or history of unlock with my iPhone.
    When I put my iPhone back to 1.1.2, the PIN is off, Is that the default with my AT&T SIM for 1.1.1 as well?

I really need a solution for OSX that works.
    Last edited by BogeyJH; 2007-12-14 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    There are 10 types of people in the world...
    ...those that understand binary and those that have friends.

iMac (2.8 GHz, 4GB, OS X 10.5.8) | iPhone 3G (16GB, White)
    | iPod Touch 8GB
    2007-12-14 04:51 AM
    Updated from 1.02 to 1.1.2, 4.02.13_G.

Followed the guide, but activation on page 2 does not work. When I put in #307# and press Call, it doesn't ring.

Any suggestions?

Actually, I couldn't check the SIM PIN after downgrading to 1.1.1 (stuck in restore mode).
    I am on AT&T, so no need for or history of unlock with my iPhone.
    When I put my iPhone back to 1.1.2, the PIN is off, Is that the default with my AT&T SIM for 1.1.1 as well?

I really need a solution for OSX that works.
    *#307#
    may the force be with us
    2007-12-21 01:19 PM
    Hi there i was just wondering if anyone could help me,I'm on the step that says to run the mobdev tool if i have itunes 7.5 but i open the iNdependence download and no mobdev tool appears anywhere,anybody knows why.macbook os x tiger

never mind i just read that independence was updated to be compatible with itunes 7.5 so i just skipped that step
    Last edited by ♻①☛; 2007-12-25 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-25 07:34 PM
    *#307#
    Thanks Andrew. Just back on the forum after the Holiday and noticed your suggestion. I'm not completely certain, but I was probably missing that asterisk before.

On the Thursday before Christmas, I finally got really impatient with my jailed iPhone. Having made every effort to jailbreak using both a PPC Mac G4 and an Intel based MacBook Pro to no avail, and finding no guidance for this failure to that point, I went over to the dark side...
    ...I broke my iPhone out of jail using my Windows PC at work and iBrickr, which did the trick.

I guess sometimes when you go through a process a few times, it's easy to repeat the same error. Switching to another method eliminated the omission for me. Unless I have cause to go through the jailbreak process again, I will not find out if this was The Case of the Missing Asterisk.

Yes, it is truly a sad, sad day when I choose to resort to using a PC over my Macs to get my iPhone to cooperate. Maybe this was a form of correction. Yeah, that's it. It was punishment for being iBad.

On the bright side, this ended my 2-week long OTB experience on 1.1.2. It's quite amazing how quickly one can become accustomed to the add-ons. They make the iPhone experience so much richer.

I really love horizontal scrolling in SMB over the vertical, but also really liked the blank app (" .app") and mini-dock, which I previously used to keep the initial screen clear to show off the background graphics.

Sad day = happy day.
    I'm so mixed up (shakes head and smiles).
    There are 10 types of people in the world...
    ...those that understand binary and those that have friends.

iMac (2.8 GHz, 4GB, OS X 10.5.8) | iPhone 3G (16GB, White)
    | iPod Touch 8GB
    2008-01-01 01:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD