I read a comment on YouTube where someone said their iPhone was bricked, so they took it in and walked out with a new one. Later on, Apple called them and said they found out the iPhone had been Jailbroken, so the person had to return the replacement iPhone to the store in order not to be billed.

How common is this?
    2008-06-20 03:57 AM
    wow, that scares me.
    Wendy
    2008-06-20 04:44 AM
    Just a guess. It's B.S.

It is the responsibility of the store to make sure your phone is acceptable as a return. If they fail to do their job properly, that is their problem.
    2008-06-20 04:56 AM
    That's a great point BrainDamage.

I remember being so freaked out the feds were going to come to my door because I had a bootleg of Borat on the Video iPod I had swapped at my local Apple store. Two years later and I think I'm safe
    2008-06-20 05:00 AM
    ******** haha... i returned a device that was freakin opened! to apple (i put it back together ofcourse) but they had no idea it was unlocked jailbroke, and opened... they still gave me a new device...

It Is What It Is...
    2008-06-21 08:45 AM
    Most of the employees that work at the Genius Bar are a bunch of morons. I had a MacBook Pro that needed to be repaired. One the day that they told me it was ready to be picked up, my unlocked iPhone decided to crap out (No Wi-Fi or bluetooth). Not only did they swap out the phone, they forgot to charge me the 155.00 to replace the I/O board in the MacBook!

What a bunch of Geniuses they are
    2008-06-22 07:26 AM
    I traded out a HARDWARE UNLOCKED iPhone once back in the day.
    2008-06-22 10:15 AM
    Not quite sure how they bill you, considering they never take a credit card number from you. I just did the same thing today, and hopefully all goes well.
    2009-12-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD