hi guys,

well i encounter another problem.i have an iphone firmware 1.1.1, activated,jailbroken. one problem it wont recognize my sim card. when i go to carriers it says error. my simcard works perfect on another phone.what can i do.pls any help? tnx guys......
    2007-12-07 07:33 AM
    Is your phone unlocked or are you on AT&T?
    2007-12-07 07:37 AM
    Im having the same problem I have a unlocked iphone and when I put a tmobile sim card it says no signal...and when I put my at&t sim card works just fine can anyone please help me??
    2007-12-07 07:56 AM
    same problem here, unlocked 1.1.1 with anySIM for t-mobile. But shows no signal, wen i insert at&t sim, works fine... how to resolve it? plz help
    2007-12-07 09:08 AM
    I have same problem it wont recognize my sim card. when i go to carriers it says error.
    Do we need to submit some files to be worked????

Help PlZ
    2007-12-07 02:55 PM
    Do you guys have the patched lockdownd file installed in /usr/libexec? If you don't, you have to deactivate your phone, and then reactivate it with the new SIM in place.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2007-12-07 03:14 PM
    its unlocked... :s
    2007-12-07 06:00 PM
    Do you guys have the patched lockdownd file installed in /usr/libexec? If you don't, you have to deactivate your phone, and then reactivate it with the new SIM in place.
    Eurisko, can u please describe in steps how to deactivate the phone and than how to activate it again . Or how to install patched lockdown file? I really need help

Toro22polo,
    can u please describe in details what u have done to make it work? Thanks a lot
    2007-12-07 06:49 PM
    its unlocked... :s
    We're not talking about unlocked, we're talking about activation. It's two different things.

Eurisko, can u please describe in steps how to deactivate the phone and than how to activate it again . Or how to install patched lockdown file? I really need help
    Everytime a new SIM is placed in the iPhone, it recognizes the different SIM and thinks the phone has to be activated again. The patched lockdownd file prevents the activation process from being necessary.

You can activate/deactivate the phone with iDemocracy (for the PC) or Independence (for the Mac).

You can download the patched lockdownd file from the downloads section here, and simply copy it to /usr/libexec and reboot the phone.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2007-12-07 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2007-12-07 07:08 PM
    well now I dont know if I have activation problem cuz when I unlocked mine phone with anySIM (I had t mobile sim inserted) it worked for couple hours but than service disappeared and I can't get it back for couple days now, but wen I insert at&t sim, it does have service, do u know what might be my problem?
    2007-12-07 07:42 PM
    Hello people, These are my finding. I hope it can helps to resolve this issue. I think from the developer side.
    I have two iPhones. Both were on 1.0.2 Unlocked on t-mobile with the old app installer. Hope you can recall this one. Everything worked if I selected carrier I would be able to manually select a carrier if I wanted. Well then came alone the new app installer. I upgraded. then I had the same issue everyone he is talking about. I installed a theme from Hytmes (dont trust) it cashed both phones, Had to restore and activated them and had installed the old app installer. Went to check on both phones carriers and I was glad to see that I was able to see them with out an error. App installer told me there is an update so I did and got the error everyone is sharing here. Recently I went drove by an area where my singnal drop and phone said no service. I went to setting and selected Carrier and this time I did not get an error I was able to selected someone else signal. Its my Opinion that the new app installer has caused this error to happen. With the older version and never had this issue. But as soon as I updated. well we all know about the error.
    Regarding the lockdown files I have not had this issue on these phones.I have removed my sim and installed again and have not had to reactivate.
    Last edited by atm_10142k; 2007-12-07 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Added to post,
    2007-12-07 08:02 PM
    so what does that patched lockdown file does? Does it has to do anything with not getting service? My problem is that I have no bars (service) with tmobile sim in, and it does get service with at&t sim. Everything else on the phone works fine.
    2007-12-08 12:58 AM
    so do I install the lockdown file before or after unlock the phone?
    2007-12-08 03:25 AM
    so do I install the lockdown file before or after unlock the phone?
    It can be done either way, as like I said before unlocking and activation are not related to each other.
    2007-12-08 03:32 AM
    what if u have the file lockdownd installed, but still carrier error?
    what can i do?
    2007-12-08 08:12 AM
    Im new to this stuff and I have a question:

Once I replace the non-patched lockdownd and overwrite it with the patched one, independence does not recognize my phone (I have the AT&T sim inserted) do I have to do the *#307# call and then have independence activate my phone and insert the t-mobile sim afterwards?

I ended up doing the *#307# trick and got cyberduck to connect to my phone and I replaced lockdownd with the original file I had backed up.

Thanks for your help.
    2007-12-26 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.