Ok, here's the situation. I was quite happily running Beta 5 and decided to upgrade to Beta 7.

The upgrade went fine, but now I'm left with the activation screen in iTunes and the iPhone. Couldn't find a way past it, so want to downgrade back again.

Here's where the fun starts. It looks like there is no way to get the phone into DFU mode and therefore, no way back to 1.1.4 or above. iTunes standard restore with 1.1.4 official firmware fails with error 20. Everything else fails too. The only thing I can do is go back to Beta 7 and the activate screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

KB
    UPDATE:
    Ok, so I've now managed to get it downgraded to 1.1.4, but I can't get the unlock to work.

Versions are:
    Firmware 1.1.4, Build No 4A102, Baseband 04_05_04__G

Can anybody please help and explain know how to unlock from this?

Thanks

So, with a bit of luck, I've managed to sort this now.

For those who do end up installing Beta 7 (or any other for that matter) and have trouble getting back to unlocked 1.1.4 due to the Baseband version, here's what you need to do.

Downgrade through iTunes back to 1.1.4 and then follow the instructions here iPhone-Virginizer: How to erase ANY baseband!

This will remove your Beta 7 baseband and then allow you do follow the standard Pwnage routine to get back an unlocked 1.1.4

24 hours without my iPhone, worst day of my life :-)
    Last edited by kbfc; 2008-06-24 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-06-24 02:54 PM
    you can do it more simple by using a PATCHED ziphone by kIREmK
    2008-06-25 07:01 PM
    SuperSmash in that link they use ziphone patched so better your information before post
    2008-07-08 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD