User Tag List

Hey everyone...

I have a couple questions. I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone, and its awesome. My girlfriend has a OTB 1.1.1 phone, and I jailbroke it successfully, updated to 1.1.2, but upon the 1.1.2 jailbreak, I could't get iphuc to run, got scared, and didnt think to use my computer (where the 1.1.2 jailbreak app runs flawlessly), so I restored her phone to 1.1.1, and decided to try again. Bad move I think...

My question is...when one updates an OTB 1.1.1 phone to 1.1.2, the tiff exploit is patched right? Meaning, that even if I downgrade again (restore back to 1.1.1 after having 1.1.2 on the phone) the tiff exploit is patched therefore jailbreakme.com will not work. Is that correct? My goal is to jailbreak her phone on 1.1.2 (just like mine).

Should I downgrade to 1.02, jailbreak, revirginize, update to 1.1.1, jailbreak, ok to prep, then update to 1.1.2? Or am I just being impatient w/ jailbreaking 1.1.1? Thanks in advance!
    2007-12-18 12:43 AM
    you can still use jailbreakme after downgrading to 1.1.1 from 1.1.2. The tiff exploit is patched in the firmware not on the baseband. So jailbreak, install oktoprep and update to 1.1.2. After that close iTunes and iTunes helper and run 1.1.2 jailbreak. If your on mac click on jailbreak.jar file. If on windows click on windows.bat. After that your phone should be jailbroken. Also make sure to use iTunes 7.4 because when I was using 7.5 I was unable to jailbreak.

Jordan
    1.1.2 jailbroken
    2007-12-18 03:17 AM
    Hmmm. Good to know, about the tiff exploit being patched in the firmware, not the baseband. Maybe I was being a bit impatient w/ jailbreakme.com....When I jailbroke her phone on 1.1.1 the first time, it took about 30 seconds after I installed apptapp, and the phone restarted and was jailbroken...when i tried to jailbreak 1.1.1 the second time (after restoring from 1.1.2) it never jailbroke... kinda had the same situation as many many many others here...activation screen for days...thats what prompted me to think that the tiff exploit was patched in 1.1.2 and somehow "stuck" even after a restore to 1.1.1...just curious...are there any other jailbreakme.com prerequisites? im very gratful for jailbreakme.com, but im not fond of the hit or miss, "it might work the 11th time" kind of game. is running apptapp.exe similar to using jailbreakme.com? id rather a more concrete (ibrickr) way of jailbreaking...just curious if there is another method. i apologize to all those who are tired of this jailbreak conversation...im still learning, and dont mean to beat a dead horse.
    2007-12-18 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD