Ok, so I thought this was going to be easier and I can't find the answer searching the forums.

I had no problems Jailbreaking my iPhone but I'm on AT&T. Anyway, I've since sold the phone as an unlocked iPhone but now I'm not sure how to activate it for the buyer. I have it unlocked and it recognizes other SIMs (i tested it with a T-Mobile SIM) but it still says I have to activate it.

So, can it be activated by the user with iTunes, or do I have to activate it somehow without the SIM. Sorry for this, (I got in a bit over my head I guess)... BTW, I'm on OS X
    2008-07-10 05:37 PM
    So let me get this straight.

Currently you have a jailbroken phone that isn't unlocked to work with other carriers? And you sold it as a Unlocked phone?

Alright, Restore with iTunes to 1.1.4 base then use iLibertyX or PwnageTool and jailbreak and unlock and activate. thats it.
    If I have helped you, please use the Thanks button!
    2008-07-10 06:07 PM
    No, it's a jailbroken phone that IS unlocked. I used ziphone but didn't click the activate button cause I didn't know if this would work without a SIM in the phone. I guess my question is, if I restore back to 1.1.4, then run ziphone for jailbreak, unlock, activate without a SIM in will it work when the user recieves it? Thanks
    2008-07-10 07:31 PM
    Restore back to 1.1.4 using iTunes and DO NOT use ZiPhone. Use iLibertyX or PwnageTool and Activate jailbreak and unlock and you will be good to go
    If I have helped you, please use the Thanks button!
    2008-07-10 07:44 PM
    ok, thanks... I'll try it and update/give thanks!
    2008-07-10 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD