User Tag List

Hey guys,

I have a jailbroken 1.1.4 iPhone (with normal ATT contract), and I used Ziphone to do it. Let's say I want to just upgrade to the 2.0 software and use the App Store...what do I need to do to accomplish this?

Can I just put it in DFU mode and restore to 1.1.4, and then proceed to upgrade through iTunes or did Ziphone do something to my phone that would prevent this? Also what software do you guys recommend to use? iLiberty? BTW, I'm using Windows XP, not a Mac.

Or should I just wait for a few days? I'm assuming that b/c I used Ziphone, I'd have to 'prep' my iPhone somehow anyways.

I'm with ATT so I don't need to worry about unlocking in the future. I'm assuming that eventually the dev team will release the JB for the 2.0 software and will probably do that when it happens. I just need the ePocrates Rx program thru the App Store asap for work.

EDIT: Some more info - I ran Baseband Info and it tells me that my modem firmware is 04.04.05_G, and that my bootloader is 3.9_M3S2. As far as I know, that's all the original 1.1.4 firmware versions right? So does that mean when I JB'd with Ziphone, it didn't really screw anything up?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by PRSplayer; 2008-07-12 at 10:40 PM. Reason: added info about baseband
    2008-07-12 07:13 AM
    Bump. I want to know the answer to this question as well.
    2008-07-15 05:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD