I FINALLY DID IT last night!!! Anyone want any help? Email me at [email protected]
    Wasn`t easy.

Her u go................hope this would help..............
    =========================================

Ok, i was just about to throw away my iphone after i upgraded to 2.0. But decide around 3 AM to give it another, last shot. Here is how i did it;

First of all; you all have upgraded to ver.2.0, i think, right?

First things first - if you upgraded your itunes to ver 7 - delete it! Get ver. 6 whatever. NOT 7!!! Downloaded from here Download iTunes 7.5.0.20 - FileHippo.com

Then, put your iphone into DFU mode; here is how;

"DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode is not the same as restore mode. DFU mode bypasses the current OS installed and allows you to upgrade or downgrade your OS. If you are getting errors trying to restore in iTunes, DFU mode is very likely for you.

This is how to achieve DFU mode. You can do it on every phone:

Attach the phone to the pc
    Turn the phone off
    Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work. "

Do not worry that itunes opens, ignore it, but dont close it.

REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! In DFU mode, screen on your iphone is ALWAYS BLACK, like its been powered down!!! If you see anything on your iphone display; you are NOT in DFU mode!!!! Even then, computer will beep (with black display) letting you now that iphone has been recognized.

Then, you have to get a firmaware 1.1.4 downloaded to your computer. Find it here; iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - iPod Touch 1.1.4 Firmware

Then restore your iphone in itunes using that ver. Just press SHIFT and button RESTORE in itunes and (if you have to) navigate to that 1.1.4 file you have saved in your computer.

For sure, you will get an error like 1011, 1012, 1013, 1015. This is normal and expected. An error 1601, 1602, 1600 or anything else is NOT ok. Then start over........

""""Once you get error above, leave iTunes open and kick phone out of restore mode. I recommend just loading winpwn(PC) or pwnage(MAC) and pwning the device at this point. If pwnage fails to work, you need to restore your phone again. You should be able to use normal restore mode, however. Other ways to kick out of restore mode may be ibrickr, jailbreak 1.1.2 (boot phone), iLiberty+ """" <= I have used iliberty!!!!!!!!!!

Find it on internet.

Then pwn your iphone.

Now you will have your iphone ver. 1.1.4 but baseband still would be from ver 2.0, unfortunately. Now is a tricky part...........i `ve been there hundreds times before, then i did something differente than everybody tried........

Forget about bootneuter!!!! Your basband is STILL 04.05.04_G form ver 2.0!! That is why your iphone is OK but your sim is still locked and you cannot make calls. You need to get a patched Ziphone file to get to 04.04.05 or lower to get your sim unlocked. Forget about others saying that you can demage your phone! Just be focused and do everything follow instructions from here; KiPhone

And then.......................YOU ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least it helped me, good luck!!!!

Edit by nickmc01: Original Post from BigBoss
    Last edited by Nicholas Knight; 2008-07-22 at 11:00 PM.
    2008-07-15 09:24 PM

I FINALLY DID IT last night!!! Anyone want any help? Email me at [email protected]
    Wasn`t easy.
    Thats good news, but it would be more helpful if you posted the steps you did
    2008-07-15 09:47 PM
    yeah.. just post everything here
    2008-07-16 02:51 AM
    yes I would love if you could post how you did this.. Please.. I need to know this for future mess ups..
    2008-07-16 02:58 AM
    This is why i enjoy this forum so much. Tutorials like this help out lots of folks. thankyou.
    (i never switched to 2.0)
    2008-07-16 03:25 AM
    This helped me too - my phone is now activated and happily, unlocked! Thanks to everyone who racked their brains to work out the twisted maze through the iphone journey back to life!!
    2008-07-16 03:40 AM
    hey does this work with the new 3g?
    2008-07-16 01:56 PM
    i follow this tutorial and success my baseband now 04.03.xx unlock...thx so much
    i like this forum
    iphone Unlock in TIM
    http://www.benm.at/?p=187
    2008-07-16 02:45 PM
    i got a problem. when i installed the old itunes, i get - "the file "itunes library.itl" cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes. please help. i really want 1.1.4 back. Oh, and im using an iPod on 1.1.5
    2008-07-16 10:02 PM
    Her u go................hope this would help..............
    =========================================

Ok, i was just about to throw away my iphone after i upgraded to 2.0. But decide around 3 AM to give it another, last shot. Here is how i did it;

First of all; you all have upgraded to ver.2.0, i think, right?

First things first - if you upgraded your itunes to ver 7 - delete it! Get ver. 6 whatever. NOT 7!!! Downloaded from here Download iTunes 7.5.0.20 - FileHippo.com

Then, put your iphone into DFU mode; here is how;

"DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode is not the same as restore mode. DFU mode bypasses the current OS installed and allows you to upgrade or downgrade your OS. If you are getting errors trying to restore in iTunes, DFU mode is very likely for you.

This is how to achieve DFU mode. You can do it on every phone:

Attach the phone to the pc
    Turn the phone off
    Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work. "

Do not worry that itunes opens, ignore it, but dont close it.

REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! In DFU mode, screen on your iphone is ALWAYS BLACK, like its been powered down!!! If you see anything on your iphone display; you are NOT in DFU mode!!!! Even then, computer will beep (with black display) letting you now that iphone has been recognized.

Then, you have to get a firmaware 1.1.4 downloaded to your computer. Find it here; iPhone Forums at ModMyI.com - iPhone | iPod Touch, news, apps, themes. - Downloads - iPod Touch 1.1.4 Firmware

Then restore your iphone in itunes using that ver. Just press SHIFT and button RESTORE in itunes and (if you have to) navigate to that 1.1.4 file you have saved in your computer.

For sure, you will get an error like 1011, 1012, 1013, 1015. This is normal and expected. An error 1601, 1602, 1600 or anything else is NOT ok. Then start over........

""""Once you get error above, leave iTunes open and kick phone out of restore mode. I recommend just loading winpwn(PC) or pwnage(MAC) and pwning the device at this point. If pwnage fails to work, you need to restore your phone again. You should be able to use normal restore mode, however. Other ways to kick out of restore mode may be ibrickr, jailbreak 1.1.2 (boot phone), iLiberty+ """" <= I have used iliberty!!!!!!!!!!

Find it on internet.

Then pwn your iphone.

Now you will have your iphone ver. 1.1.4 but baseband still would be from ver 2.0, unfortunately. Now is a tricky part...........i `ve been there hundreds times before, then i did something differente than everybody tried........

Forget about bootneuter!!!! Your basband is STILL 04.05.04_G form ver 2.0!! That is why your iphone is OK but your sim is still locked and you cannot make calls. You need to get a patched Ziphone file to get to 04.04.05 or lower to get your sim unlocked. Forget about others saying that you can demage your phone! Just be focused and do everything follow instructions from here; KiPhone

And then.......................YOU ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least it helped me, good luck!!!!
    i want to say THANK-YOU for this usefull post!!!!!! i had done everything i could think of to fix the 'no service' and the 'no edge' issues. i have been working on my iphone for 6 days and was about ready to chuck it. i then checked under Settings- General- About and looked down at my baseband. sure enough it was 04. .05 .04_G from v2.0. so i followed the instructions and erased my baseband. then i connected to iTunes and re-installed v1.1.4. i used ZiPhone v2.5. this is important, cause i also tried V3.0 and it worked, but had no installer on my iphone and such. so make sure to use v2.5. i 'did it all' (unlock, jailbroke & activate) and after it was done i could call & receive calls and i had my edge settings back as well. also just a little not that when u jailbreak with v2.5 u don't have to worry about the no installer app as it will be on there once jailbroke 80). thanks to everyone who came together to help all of us with these problems, it is very much appriciated!
    2008-07-17 11:29 AM
    Just before you install itunes let say 7.5 or 7.6 (older one) go to your MUSIC folder in your comp and delete folder "itunes library". I have deleted all itunes folders, then install fresh copy of older ver.
    2008-07-17 06:48 PM
    I'm on a mac... i cant even get past the downloading itunes step from that site you give. When i download the itunes version you give it just goes to my desktop as a white sheet and when i click it to run it it says i need to choose an applicaiton?
    2008-07-18 12:56 AM
    Followed the guide to a T and was able to get the iPhone back down to 1.1.4 in about an hour. I have a test external drive that I booted off of (with clean install of Leopard) and was able to get iTunes 7.5 to downgrade to 1.1.4 without a problem.

Really the only thing that I would add is the location of older versions of iTunes for Mac users:

Old Version of iTunes for Mac Download

That should do it. Thanks for the tips!
    2008-07-18 03:58 AM
    wow i am so glad I read this, Great post !
    2008-07-18 04:11 AM
    so glad i havent upgraded

iPhone 2g 8gb 2.2 pwned
    2008-07-18 04:23 AM
    Thanks for the link to itunes for mac. i have a problem downloading the firmware however. when i download it it just goes into a folder named iphone1,1-1 on my desktop, and no where in that folder is the thing you put to open when i hit control and choose which thing to restore it with. help please?

I am running this on a mac. not sure how to get into your DFI mode on here, cause when i plug it into the computer it immedietly says connect to itunes, and when i do your hold down power and main for 10 seconds then release power thing the iphone just goes off. and on my mac when the iphone goes off... it disconnects from itunes
    Last edited by evanfr0mheaven; 2008-07-19 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-19 12:47 AM
    guys i need help, im all the way at the point where my iphone is in DFU mode and need to select the 1.1.4 firemware. My problem is in all the tutorials ive seen they have there 1.1.4 firemware as a like 3 dimension box and i only have mine as a file in document and when holding alt and restore to select the 1.1.4 file, its not that box thing it just gives me the option of choosing the files in there. I need help i to have been at this for days pulling out my hair trying to get my phone unlocked, thats all. PLEASE HELP!
    2008-07-19 02:46 AM
    guys i need help, im all the way at the point where my iphone is in DFU mode and need to select the 1.1.4 firemware. My problem is in all the tutorials ive seen they have there 1.1.4 firemware as a like 3 dimension box and i only have mine as a file in document and when holding alt and restore to select the 1.1.4 file, its not that box thing it just gives me the option of choosing the files in there. I need help i to have been at this for days pulling out my hair trying to get my phone unlocked, thats all. PLEASE HELP!
    Is what you see?
    2008-07-19 03:15 AM
    no it doesnt show that blue cube like you have on yours it just shows Iphone 1.1.4 and its like a file with sum other files in it, i need to make it like that cube so i can use it when i restore my iphone. How do i make it like that cube
    2008-07-19 03:22 AM
    no it doesnt show that blue cube like you have on yours it just shows Iphone 1.1.4 and its like a file with sum other files in it, i need to make it like that cube so i can use it when i restore my iphone. How do i make it like that cube
    When you go to download the file it will ask you if you want to open it with iTunes or Save, Click save to desk top.
    2008-07-19 03:27 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD