does anyone know if this works for 2.0.2?
    wondering the same thing..
    2008-09-04 09:30 PM
    Can someone help me?
    Im stuck in step 10. Now my iphones screen is black, itunes doesnt recognize my iphone , iindependence says "disconnected: waiting for iphone" and in iliberty theres no "other tools" so what can i do next???
    Please help me
    That is exactly hwere mine got stuck, and all I could do was reinstall iTunes 7.7.1 and firmware 2.0.2.

I had issues with the Mac instructions, as three lines are repeated in the first post by Poseidon and I rather think there's some missing information there, and my own knowledge is not enough to fill it in.

Note for OSX users:
    If you are on OSX and want to attempt to downgrade your iTunes, you can try these steps:

Load up Terminal and type the following:
    killall iTunesHelper
    sudo -s
    rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app
    rm -r /Library/Receipts/iTunesX.pkg
    rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes*
    rm -r /Applications/iTunes.app
    rm -r /Library/Receipts/iTunesX.pkg
    rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes*

rm -r /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework
    The bolded bits are the dupes ... also, removing that framework for whatever reason meant that even when I installed 7.5 the mobile device framework kept refusing to start, and so it was all a bit of a pain, because iNdependence could never find the phone, no matter how many times I reinstalled 7.5.

Has any Mac user actually found a way of making it work?
    2008-09-04 10:53 PM
    i use to get the error 20,but i took out my sim card and that worked..
    now i restore and got the 1015 error.. restored again like it said but kept getting the 1015 error and nothing happens?
    2008-09-05 04:03 AM
    the whole problem started when i tried to upgrade my phone to 2.0 then idk what happened.. the phone started to show wrong sim inserted and got locked and deactivated..
    now i have been stuck in the recovery mode too.. n i tried everything you told me.. but when i am trying to restore my phone to 1.1.4, instead of getting error 1015 my itunes shows "Unable to restore unknown error(20)". n my phone is stuck with the itune logo and the cable. help anyone please!! thanks

i tried takin my sim card out but it dint work..
    Last edited by coldlover36; 2008-09-06 at 08:16 PM.
    2008-09-06 07:53 PM
    will we lose all of our of songs in our itunes library when we do this?
    2008-09-06 09:54 PM
    I've found a partial solution for Mac users. One piece of important information which is missing from all the guides for Mac, is that you also need to stop the iTunes helper when you are doing this... thats where mine was screwing up.

@ latrice re: losing songs in your library... rename your itunes music folder to something else. Once you have done the deed and downgraded you are going to want to upgrade to the latest itunes (being careful not to let it automatically update your iphone of course) and you want to keep your tunes intact so the lates version will see it. It doesnt matter if 7.5 cants see the songs, you only need it long enough to downgrade.
    2008-09-07 02:24 AM
    man... I can't tell you how much I appreciate this... I had a mom call me threatening that if I don't fix the phone blah blah blah... One question, can this also be used to upgrade to 2.x and also can this be used to downgrade from 1.5
    2008-09-13 03:12 PM
    Jus tell let everyone kno who doesnt kno already these steps work for the 2.1 firmware great... no probs at all
    2008-09-19 10:21 PM
    Great guide and real easy to use. After days of pain with my phone, this was 40 mins of joy. Thanks.
    2008-09-22 05:25 PM
    Can someone give me a really good explaination on how to down grade my iPhone. I have the first generation and i just updated it to 2.1 and i dont like 2.1 that much, i like my 1.1.4 way better. I want to know an easy way that wont re-lock my phone. Also will this effect my phone anyway by chooseing to not give it more information, i know your supposed to update it, but i dont like the new version? Help please.
    2008-09-23 10:36 PM
    Can someone give me a really good explaination on how to down grade my iPhone. I have the first generation and i just updated it to 2.1 and i dont like 2.1 that much, i like my 1.1.4 way better. I want to know an easy way that wont re-lock my phone. Also will this effect my phone anyway by chooseing to not give it more information, i know your supposed to update it, but i dont like the new version? Help please.
    Did you read my guide on the first post of the thread?.... errrr
    2008-09-23 10:39 PM
    It does not work. I got an error 20

Everything i did step by step 3 times but each time when I try to restore iphone1,1_1.1.4_4a102_restore.ipsw with Itunes 7.5.0.20 an error 20 is displayed.
    2008-09-26 04:57 AM
    Error 20 results from not having the correct version of iTunes. Uninstall whatever version you have now and do a clean install of version 7.5. Be sure you reboot your computer after you uninstall itunes.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-09-26 at 05:07 AM.
    2008-09-26 05:05 AM
    But as I told I have already 7.5.0.20 (Is there another one 7.5 ?)

Last edited by xerxesgunes; 2008-09-26 at 05:14 AM.
    2008-09-26 05:07 AM
    hey when i go to delete the library in the music folder it does it, although when i start itunes it says a newer version is available so there for the iphone is in compatable
    plzz help
    2008-10-09 01:43 PM
    I use MAC OSX however i have to upgrade and unlock an iPhone on Windows to V 2.0 I just wanted to know if the customized file (the .ipsw file) that is created by PwnageTool be simply used to upgrade the phone. I have the file on my MAC BookPro and i can transfer it to the Windows System and then Shift+restore and select the File and restore it from the Customized file created by Pwnage tool. Will it work?

I use MAC OSX however i have to upgrade and unlock an iPhone on Windows to V 2.0 I just wanted to know if the customized file (the .ipsw file) that is created by PwnageTool be simply used to upgrade the phone. I have the file on my MAC BookPro and i can transfer it to the Windows System and then Shift+restore and select the File and restore it from the Customized file created by Pwnage tool. Will it work?
    Last edited by chucked188; 2008-10-11 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-11 08:00 AM
    very good thanks you saved my phone

you,ve saved my phone thks
    Last edited by BRIANSYM; 2008-10-12 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-10-12 09:43 PM
    Hey plz!! I need a help! it gives me error (20) instead of 1015!... Btw, i were using my iphone for about 5 months i jailbreak/unlock it like 4 times no problem... Yesterday it crashed up I DONT KNOW WHY (WAS SENDING A SMS)... so i tryed to restore... 1st mistake because it updated to 2.1.. so now i cant unlock it... any idea?! I need to get to use my phone back...

ATT: JC
    2008-10-22 06:38 AM
    I'm getting the same error (20). What am I doing wrong?!

Also, in the instructions, it says to do the restore in itunes twice. However, after I do it the first time, I get the error (20), and then I have to turn off the iphone and do the process again. Is that correct?

Finally, when I get to the point where I click on "Jump out of Recovery Mode" in iLiberty, it won't let me click that button.

What am I doing wrong?! PLease help me!!!!!

Thanks
    2008-10-24 09:13 AM
    Thank you so much. It really worked for me.keep up the GOOD work.
    The only think is please add the link to iLberty
    iLiberty+ | George Zhu's BLOG
    2008-11-01 07:54 AM
218 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD